Rumors: DSP may add new members to join KARA

FallenKiwi

Torn- seriously torn. It's an evil move. Really evil, but from a business viewpoint, DSP's only move.

DSP is sending a message- cross us, and you are OUT. (Nicole and her mom).

Don't want to play the maknae anymore? Fine. We will replace you (Jiyoung).

All of you are expendable and replaceable.

Jiyoung leaving I can accept, because she really kind of burnt out. That interview show where Hara was attacked about boyfriends, and Jiyoung was treated like a trained monkey ("Smile for the camera! You are maknae-act like one!") was painful to watch, and I am sure had no small part in causing Jiyoung to just get sick of everything. But Nicole? That was terrible. The last thing she wanted was to be forced out the way she was.

All that being said, if you like the other 3 members (and there is no reason why not to, they are as much victims as Nicole and Jiyoung), you have to support Kara. And the two new girls will be just as blameless and earnestly doing their best.

But at the end of the day, my support for Kara- specifically MY money, will be going to DSP, who will be laughing with joy about how well everything turned out.

I feel sick.

• Like 7

Dsp is treating them somewhat like After School. :gempissoff: SERIOUSLY DSP???  :wacko: Sooner or later the original members will get tired and eventually leave the group, and again, DSP will replace them with new ones just to remain and use the name KARA. :thumbdown:

But on the bright side, maybe the two new members will bring something good to KARA. :mellow: Just like as what Jiyoung and Hara did... but still it won't be the same as before... :gemcry:

• Like 3

I believe all Kamilias will be in a dilenmia over whether to support KARA if 2 new members are to be added since we genuinely support Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara. This definitely will result in a chaos especially to the K-Kamilias and I bet they won't even enter Japanese Industry with the 2 new members as the actual KARA5 was so adored and loved there. I hope that this is just a rumour and it will not happen else I will despise DSP even more. I believe KARA3 will be able to do well by themselves and it will be unfair to them when the 2 new members are able to share to spotlight without going through what the 3 had been through. Fingers crossed for KARA3. Let's wait for official statements. 

• Like 2

AKP said "According to our sources" what sources? I'll wait for a DSP communication, not this -__-

At last, I don't know why I think about that but seems really possible, I'll support them forever, don't blame our girls, don't hate the new KARA, remember there are 3 girls who continue the dream, their dream on KARA.

• Like 3

Personally, I don't mind. If KARA2 (JingCole) have no intention &/or future plan to re-join KARA again, then if KARA3 will decide & agree on adding new members, as a Kamilia I think we SHOULD respect & support their (Gyuri, Seungyeon & Hara) decision.

It may sound a little uncomfortable at first, but with time, everything can be ok. So, let's hope for the best.  :determined:

• Like 4

honestly, I'm not sure what to think about all of this.

personally, I'd rather DSP not add new members, and I'm sure that many other Kamilia are unsure what to do as well.

I'll still support KARA no matter what decision they make-- it would just take me a while to get used to having 2 new members, since they are a veteran group.

just hoping for the best..

• Like 4

@some

this is just a rumour from allkpop. why no one "shout" at allkpop or the "creditable" source?

seriously after looking around, i hope dsp stayed with gyulhamcole in 2008.

and..

don't speak on behalf and pretend you know what's good for gyulhamhara.

don't take every opportunity to show what you are best at (like you know all).

isn't forum about giving opinion? ok but do you see people giving theirs (from the other side)? no because we don't "shout".

so why don't follow some of us by sharing privately if it contains negativeness?

or at least, stay mum and watch as the show unfolds.

@others

is adding new members good?

i'm not in any position to question dsp but as long as gyulhamhara are happy, who bothers about what the others think or want?

(my only concern is the continuity of the baseless and biased accusation will mislead some of our new/young fans.)

• Like 2

if the audition and documentary reality TV is for new members, then this might be the best way to do it as long as Kamilia has some input on who gets chosen. otherwise, if the new members aren't well liked, it would drive away a lot of the old fans. there are also concerns about the roles of the new members and what they can contribute. KARA has been around for a while and they have their own distinctive style and sound. it would be hard to replicate that when members are changed, just like nobody can reproduce another Kim Sunghee. so the big question mark is can the new group harmonize as well as before and give the same (or close enough or better) feel of the old songs?

i want them to focus on another good vocalist and dancer. even though Seungyeon and Gyuri have improved their vocals greatly, i don't them to be dragged down by another weak singer. with Nicole gone, one of KARA's power dancer, so that hole also needs to be filled.

of course, it's also important that Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara also get to pick whom they like and get along with. I trust them to choose wisely, they're all smart and nice. So I expect the new members to the same.

• Like 5

if the audition and documentary reality TV is for new members, then this might be the best way to do it as long as Kamilia has some input on who gets chosen. otherwise, if the new members aren't well liked, it would drive away a lot of the old fans. there are also concerns about the roles of the new members and what they can contribute. KARA has been around for a while and they have their own distinctive style and sound. it would be hard to replicate that when members are changed, just like nobody can reproduce another Kim Sunghee. so the big question mark is can the new group harmonize as well as before and give the same (or close enough or better) feel of the old songs? i want them to focus on another good vocalist and dancer. even though Seungyeon and Gyuri have improved their vocals greatly, i don't them to be dragged down by another weak singer. with Nicole gone, one of KARA's power dancer, so that hole also needs to be filled. of course, it's also important that Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara also get to pick who they like and get along with. I trust them to choose wisely, they're all smart and nice. So I expect the new members to the same.

Well said, I totally agree with you. I hope they choose wisely with the looks as well, their image is important too, well imo.  :gemwin: 

• Like 1

In a way, it was something I expected to happen because I somehow couldn't imagine KARA with only 3 members. However, It would be better if they only add 1 new member instead of 2. Since the start, prepared myself to accept this situation and I really hope th new members will be enough talented for Kamilias to accept them. I know that even if it will be hard to continu without Jiyoung and Nicole, every on love to cheer talented artists so if the new members can prove they can bring good perspectives to KARA so with time, even the more reticent fans will end to accept them.

Still cannot be sure if DSP really add the new members, but if adding these 2 new members may come from the decision of KARA3, I think it can be accepted because GyuRi, as a leader, always making her best in maintaining the quality which should have in KARA, and I know KARA3 will make their right choice in deciding however their path will be, but if DSP add new members without discussing with KARA3, it will be unforgivable...... KARA is a 7-years group, and I know they will walk through much years than now, I'm hoping whether DSP add or not adding new members, just wanna see the whole excellent and amazing girls group I ever seen, of course, the place of Nicole and JiYoung will be unreplaceable.......

unless it is officially announce by DSP, I'll never believe this 'according to our sources' rumors.. allkpop just trying hard these days, writing same script like KARA in 2008 (if you remember, how dsp recruiting hara and jiyoung).. they are baseless rumors.. DSP stated that the girls will stay as three with hara as the center, and no decision had been made to add new members to the group.. where did the 'according to our sources' rumors came from actually? 

and, i don't think dsp is that stupid to add new members to a 7 years old group.. if ever they intend to do it, they will just damaging their own reputation and the girls name..