[2009.03.11] Kara - Girls on the Run

tinggg

2jdj4sm.jpg

There are millions of kinds of girls in the world. There are thin girls, feminine girls, dangerous girls, pleasant girls, and a certain kind of fresh young girl has become a symbol. A sudden command of "Rock your body I say" dashes up to you, shouting "I walk confidently anywhere I go" as Kara marches towards you, choosing to use innocence to replace nervousness. With their young ages, faces, clothing, and cuteness mixed with the sad lyrics of <Honey> creates a unique, pleasant atmosphere.

"After <Rock You>, there was not one day of complete rest."

i3ywbk.jpg

(Caption: From <Rock You> to <Pretty Girl> performances, there was no limits to their advancement, and Kara's <Honey> finally wins #1)

Although they seem like a cute baby-like set of dolls, after they leave the stage, each member's own characteristics return to their faces. On one hand we have the mature-looking yet squirmy and full-of-questions maknae Jiyoung, who is so lively, and the other we have the proper-looking yet casual and straight-forward Hara, who silently sits there while the others do their interview and turns into a quiet lady. Although Nicole has shown her peculiarity not only on stage, but also on KBS's <Star Golden Bell> with her babbling-like fast talking, she's become a strength amongst the members and everyday is being praised for her attitude and her child-like questions that match her age. Not only that, but leader Gyuri who is almost 22, is truly "the sunbae (elder student) at school that repeatedly gets lots of hoobaes (younger students) [TN: Like she's the big sister and everyone wants to be cared by her]", since she carries so much charisma with her. The young-looking Seungyeon, who has even been nicknamed "elementary school student" said that "because I don't like not being taken seriously, even when I send text messages I am very careful to spell everything correctly and restrain myself from using emoticons," showing her thoroughness and how much she is a perfectionist.

2ji5fn.jpg

Though their ages and characteristics are different, how they fit together so well is so interesting, and there doesn't seem to be any contradictions. When they received new members in the middle of their promotions, it really showed that "if you're going to enter this world, be prepared to await many hardships, you can't easily just get through the lessons you have to learn. Don't start it off with a light heart," said Seungyeon, who seemed wise beyond her years. "Although you hear that the toughest thing about becoming a star is that you don't have time to eat, there are more interesting things than trying to figure out how to eat well," proudly boast little Jiyoung. Despite the gap, you can see how they're like real sisters that are really comfortable together. Although each of them have a different starting point, they are working towards the same dream. Nicole, who was fixed on becoming a singer and auditioned in the U.S., Hara, who tried out for auditions in Kwangju, the album cancellation and member switch, they faced it with strength and courage. Though the tough but soft-hearted Gyuri and Seungyeon continue to lose any sort of personal time, "When you're running, [you want to] run" and get the most out of it. Especially Seungyeon, who during this time alone handled anything from game programs to cable reality shows, touching on a huge variety of activities, counting down the days until their comeback, had unusual emotions. "Even though the schedule wasn't packed, there were times when I still couldn't find the time to go to school. The worries I had back then have been blown away by the tough schedule we have now. Honestly after <Rock You> there hasn't been a day that I could put together time just to completely rest."

Link: http://www.10asia.co.kr/Articles/view.php?...00&a_id=697

Link by: Mae

Translated by: Tinggg @ KARAholic.com

Do not take out w/o full credits. Do not add in or remove the credit lines!

My name is Park Gyuri.

May 21st, 1988. Already twenty-two, an adult. People look at me as If I am a child. I think its because of the group image. Sometimes, I go out with friends to get some drinks, but they look at me weird.

I first came on tv as a child actress. I came out as Neungeume (Kim Jung Eun) on SBS Ladies of the Palace, and the clips of my acting are floating around the internet. It was a very tom-boyish role. Ha ha ha.

The fans now wait for us right in front of our house. We get surprised because they sometimes hide behind the stairs, but when we first warned them, they started to keep themselves from coming. The fans listen to us really well even though they are pretty young. They have manner, and they are very unique and creative. They are all right. Ha ha ha

If I get anxious and scared, unlike others, I become really calm and quiet. I think its because I have a blood type AB?

On KBS Star Golden Bell, when I introduced myself as the one in charge of Beautifulness, I didnt get a lot of good remark from the people. I wasnt able to adopt that character on TV shows, but I am still trying push the Goddess myself. It was a nickname that my fans gave me first, but I really love it.

During the Rock You days, I had a short hair. Then, I really did not want to cut my hair and I cried. I still have the part of the hair that got cut. But, when I look at the pictures, I think that it looked all right.

The TV, in our house, does not get cable. Knowing this, fans gave us a lot of DVDs, so we usually watch

movies when we have time.

My mom acted as well as worked as a dubbing artist. Because of this, there are many times when my mom tells me all the mistakes and corrects me. Of course, she cheers me on and she is happy that I am pursuing a career that I like. Oh, I didnt know this but apparently, your vocal chords get genetically inherited from your parents.

We have a dog at my house and the dogs name is Nadia. We got the name from the cartoon character that my mom was dubbing for. Actually, I am allergic to dogs so I cant touch them.

For the concept of the next album, I wish we dont have to adopt an overly cute image. We already have shown our cuteness enough. Also, I am an adult now

• Like 1

love the title "KARA- Girls on the Run" sounds like a movie or something lol..

the intro part is cute too :)

how they describe the each of the girls is so dead on too!!

this is why i love KARA.. they are soo realistic lol.. no bs lol..

"if you're going to enter this world, be prepared to await many hardships, you can't easily just get through the lessons you have to learn. Don't start it off with a light heart," said Seungyeon

wow sy's statements are so wise :D

i think so many things can be learned from following kara or at least keep a person humble :D

see that's why i thought all those variety things should be spread out.. Sy couldn't even have a somewhat normal life ..

while the other girls were doing something... lol.

but i'm glad they are getting a break soon and she gets this long awaited rest period.. we all know she deserves it :D

thanks tinggg.. love this article.. :tongue:

can't wait for the other parts :)

aww they havent been able to rest..

well its almost time for their break :)

the first picture is really cute :tongue:

the girls are so..lovable! lol

jeeze. i lve them all so much!! :)

i'm really looking foward for their next song/album/concept!

i'm sure thats going to be a hit too!

kara fighting!

^

there are continuations to this article. that spot is saved for Peter to post it up once he is done with it. :)

Though their ages and characteristics are different, how they fit together so well is so interesting, and there doesn't seem to be any contradictions.

awww. we can really tell how JiRa fits in so well with them too. :D

proudly boast little Jiyoung

haha, i find this SO cute. :tongue: it's really nice to see all of them getting along with each other despite the differences in their personalities. who doesn't want to be taken care of by Gyul Omma? :)

the album cancellation

i really hope DSP will release this album at some point or another. as a final gift or wrap up from Sunghee.

thanks ting!

wish girls are able to get some rest after honey promotion end, health is most important factor !

SY is so mature and cute haha she try not to use emocon

Thanks for additional interview article, it was really good read and let international fans know them better

Edited by makublex

i love seungyeon's answers.. so mature!!

the girls have been through alot.. and havnt had a proper rest

so im kinda glad that they're getting a break soon

i want them to release an album too.. hope it comes soon.

WAAA. speechless. i lovee this article. hahahaha. it shows that Kara don't take things easily. they're hardworker. and for Jiyoung, although she can't eat at a specific time, she enjoy it. hahahaha. lol. XP

KARA HWAITINGGG!

=====

waaah. hara and nicole love to eat heh? hahahaha. but they look so thin. especially Hara. HAHA. XD and Jiyoung's interview is soo cute! hahaha.

a nice one!

YE YE YE YE!

p/s; to the KARAholic crews, thanks for everything! (:

Edited by tikka

They've all been so busy they deserve a break, but i would miss them>.< no live preformances :/

But they are so awesome, I love all their answer, cute JiYoung talking about eating habbits and Seungyeons mature answers. I like all the descriptions of them.

Kara Fighting!

Edited by rachealove

The young-looking Seungyeon, who has even been nicknamed "elementary school student"

Wow. But in contrast with her looks, she says stuff that are pretty deep xD And I think one of the most mature in the group~

On one hand we have the mature-looking yet squirmy and full-of-questions maknae Jiyoung

"Squirmy"? xD Maknae is so adorable GAAAH. How can I not get over it >xD

JiNi looks very adorable in the first pic xD And they all look gorgeous in the Honey picture. They look so ... pure <33

Thanks for this~!

Such a very nice article ^^

Through all the hardships it didn't stop Kara to go on and pursue their dreams....

And despite the 5 of them having different personalities they were able to go through all ^^

Thank you for the translations Tinggg onni ^^ and for the link Mae onni ^^

haha, it was pretty obvious that Gyuri was uncomfortable with the cute concept. lol

she's more comfortable with the Honey kind of concept and i hope too that DSP wont ever go back to the Rock U concept. lol

when I introduced myself as the one in charge of Beautifulness, I didn

this is article is so jjang... we can definitely see there perseverance when they perform and do agree..

it seemed they haven't rested really well after there rock u days.. hehe Kamiilia is jjang.. they understand and follow Kara's orders heheh..

thanks for the sharing..

waiting for the 3 other members profile?

It's funny how Nicole uses Jiyoung as a test to see if her segment is funny. :P It's really cute because i think Jiyoung laughs at every thing. haha! :) and playing that one song because Jiyoung likes it...really sweet of her. lol

The two loudest members are Jiyoung and Nicole. The two have loud voices and they are always happy.

i can totally imagine JiNi playing with each other loudly and Hara is be sitting there watching and smiling at them. lol

Nicole unni takes care of me really well. When she tells me about the things I need to fix with her broken Korean, she is really cute.

HAHAHAHA! adorable adorable. lol

i really really like the 3 maknaes interviews. lol. so cheeky and adorable. :)

thanks a lot peter!

I was born in the States

okay, finally all the confusion i had before about this is gone :P

I want to try pop or R&B songs. Because I like artists like Beyonce and ###### Cat Dolls, I do have some wish to become like them. I wish I could dance more powerful and sexy choreography.

aww i really want to see her get to do this one day.. i mean even special stage would be awesome.. sexy choreography? lol

I

Thank you for the translation of the solo interviews Peter ^^ and for the tip off Mae onni ^^

I love their answers..XD

So adorable...

JiNi loud together, how fun is that ^^

And Hara a big eater the same with Nicole but cant be seen by her physical appearance...lol