Duwa's Gyul'Day Project ~ Input Welcome!

wtimes3

Following content all from the mind of Duwa:

Hi everyone. I know this is not the place to ask, but I haven't posted enough to make a thread and/or have no idea how to as I have not really used a forum before. However, Gyuri's birthday is coming up really fast and I wanted to make something for her from all of us Kamilias, especially given what Kara is currently facing. I really would love input so that it is not just from one person, but represents all of us. 

Basically, my idea is this: 
RgT90rc.png

The background will be a bright, cloudy sky. Gyuri will be coming out of the box, so it has kind of a framing effect. Also, balloons will be amongst the clouds, with ones dispersing from the box as well. I was thinking of doing certain balloons as our countries flags, while the rest will be other colours. If you don't see your country listed, please tell me and I will include it in the drawing. There will be 26/27 in total (not sure if I should do her international age or her Korean one)... Because this is the international forum, I'll probably also include "From Karaholic" on the image as well.

I'll draw Gyuri similar to the style of my other portraits:
vrhijCF.png

The actual background of the entire drawing will be a paper texture and the writing will be hand drawn so the final image will have a kind of "youthful" and colourful charm. So what do you think? Then, when its time for her birthday, we can all tweet it at her and hopefully she will see it. 

Like previously stated, I would love it to represent all of us. So if you have any input, please tell me and we can all work together and make it a great picture for Gyuri~!   (Sorry for horrible formatting, I am a complete noob when it comes to this stuff. I'll edit it if need be.) 

Edited by wtimes3
  • Like 5

Following this thread to help (in any way possible). May I know the countries you have in mind? Or are those countries (you included in drawing the layout) are the ones you think of?

Also, the preview you had made was awesome. Can't wait for this to be finished.  :gemhappy:

Yes, nice idea indeed. So the balloons' will be the flags? Or the balloons will be peach in color with a picture of the flag of different countries?

• Like 2

The balloons are the flags -- countries that supports Gyuri (correct me if I am wrong with my interpretation). If there are no more flags to add, then it might be filled with colors.

@chichard Those were just some ideas, but I was thinking Korea, Japan, China, Thailand, Brazil, Canada, USA... But, if you don't live there, I will happily add your country!       @LLL168 I was actually thinking while drawing about having the other balloons as Kara's official colour, but I think I may just fill the rest with others so the picture has more colour and has a better chance to compliment the colours of our flags. Maybe I'll do two versions, then we can decide together.       Thanks to everyone for taking interest in this and your kind words so far. :)

Edited by Duwa
  • Like 2

Sure thing, guys! I'm starting on the balloons now. Might finish it all by tonight. I asked Karaholic's twitter if they could sent a tweet asking people where they were from. If they don't within a bit, I'll message staff. I really don't want to leave anyone out on this~

• Like 1

I was going to do 27 for her age, but I think the balance I have right now is pretty nice.

D8sqSUj.png

If there are no other countries to add, I think its pretty much finished. I added a bit more value to her face as well. Now I have to figure out the text stuff (if you have a font you like, feel free to let me know). Should it be in Korean, or is "Happy Birthday" a known enough phrase? I was thinking to also add another message underneath in Korean... "We will always support you" or something else like that. Any ideas?

• Like 4

Let's wait for the other members to see this. Your idea about adding a Korean message underneath the "Happy Birthday" phrase is a good one. Gah. We still need other member's input too.

Are you gonna color Gyuri? Just asking.

But if you want to get my opinion, I love it just like that. (I mean, no colors on Gyuri) Or maybe make two versions -- like a colored one and a plain one and we will decide on it.

Gah. Sorry if I post here too frequently. I just can't stop myself looking at your work. Also, Gyuri's birthday is fast approaching.

@chichard Ideally, I would have rendered the entire thing in colour, but I left it for too long and wouldn't have enough time to do a good enough job. Even with laying down basic colours, its difficult because of how I drew the initial sketch. So I don't think I could add colour now. ;-;

@amandalgh I added Singapore and I really liked your idea for the message! I might mess around with fonts still, but other than that I think I'm finished.  

Hopefully no one else asks for a flag to be added because I'm not sure where I'd put it.    C8NMdBj.png

Edited by Duwa
  • Like 3

with or without color, our Gyuri is still beautiful <3

do we need to synchronize our time on greeting her?

I mean, we have different timezones and we need to greet someone in Korea. Also, we might be able to make it a trending topic in twitter.  :gemhappy:

Well the staff just asked what we should trend on Twitter at 12 KST, so maybe we could do it then? I asked them if we could include the picture as well. The more people that post it, the higher chance she will see~

• Like 1

@Duwa, add ours please. :) Philippines.

YEAH!!! PHILIPPINES!!!  :gemshout: 

I think it's better if Gyuri is colored, but she's still our yeoshin even w/out it. LOL :P  Also I had this idea of putting the "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" with the korean message underneath it in a pearl peach colored banner with KARA's logo on the left or something like that.

Put something like "Visit us if you have time" :P LOL!  Something like "TRUE KAMILIA ARE HERE FOR KARA"

@amandalgh wow! not a bad idea also  :thumbup1: 

It's Gyuri's birthday tomorrow  :gemhappy: .

Edited by LLL168