[2014.05.23] DSP Media Ordered to Pay Up for Damages Due to KARA Contract Dispute

edr49890

DSP Media Ordered to Pay Up for Damages Due to KARA Contract Dispute

Screen-Shot-2013-11-25-at-9.48.05-PM.png

The courts have ruled that DSP Media needs to pay for damages incurred to a clothing company due to KARA‘s loss of good image from their member contract disputes with the entertainment agency.

On May 21, it was ordered by the Seoul High Court that “DSP Media pay 50 million won to Real Company.” Fifty-million won is about 50 thousand dollars USD. 

The judges of the case explained, “Before the dispute, KARA had a bright and friendly image but after negative reports of their conflicts came out, their good image fell sharply. This violated the endorsement requirement in the contract for the group to maintain a dignified image.”

However, the court also ruled that Real Company needs to pay DSP Media 50 million won in endorsement (modeling) fees since KARA fulfilled their duties before their conflicts arose. 

In 2011, all members except Park Gyuri announced that they would be terminating their contract with DSP Entertainment and filed a lawsuit. While the conflict was later resolved with all five members remaining with the agency, Real Company, a clothing company that KARA was endorsing, filed a lawsuit against the entertainment agency, asking for compensation for damages incurred by the group’s loss of image.

source: Soompi

• Like 1

poor dsp HAHAHAHAHA

yeah but you know..  

But timing.. DSP should stop those negative articles anything to hurt KARA..  

KARA needs more bright News..

• Like 2

Idk if i should feel bad for DSP or not,
But this is lots of money tho~
They def would be poor after this  :facepalm:

LOL wtf I totally didn't understand the whole thing~
I read this at 4 in the morning so~ mianhae!
Thanks for explaining
|
|
|
v
 :)

• Like 2

stop overreacting. it's break even, so nobody has to pay anything. and it's only $50,000 USD.

moreover, their image falling sharply is so overblown. KARA continued to endorse other products after dispute. including unionbay for 2 years. lots of japanese products and companies use them. their first comeback after the dispute is arguably their most successful ever.

• Like 4

@Up

As Karabunga HamtaSY mentioned, no one have to pay here, read the article. DSP has to pay 50k $ and has to be paid 50k $, so it sum up to 0...

Is this about 2014 events or 2011 events? I read second note about this and still it's unclear to me

• Like 1

@Up

As Karabunga HamtaSY mentioned, no one have to pay here, read the article. DSP has to pay 50k $ and has to be paid 50k $, so it sum up to 0...

Is this about 2014 events or 2011 events? I read second note about this and still it's unclear to me

yes correct..

i think its 2011 event..

so meaning No more Issue anymore since this is the FINAL decision by the court ..

Now we need more bright News for KARA ... more KARA Loves to come..

I feel sad for DSP because I think it is really not the best moment to get such news.

I just gives some other negative gossips around DSP...and KARA in the same time.

Well...on a positive note we can see that as the end of a long trial.