[2014.06.01] KARA hold successful fan meeting in Tokyo, Japan

edr49890

KARA held two successful fan meetings in Tokyo, Japan on the 1st of June, with over 15,000 fans present at the event.

BpCNfDsIYAALaCO.jpg    

KARA had been receiving quite a lot of attention with their newest project, the “KARA Project”, in which DSP Media is broadcasting an trainee survival program, so as to add a new member to KARA.

However, many fans protested against this move, and wished to see KARA promote as a 3 member group, however DSP Media continued on with the KARA Project, thus upsetting many fans and even leading them to boycotting activities.

At the Japanese fan meeting, Gyuri expressed that she was so happy to see their Japanese fans, and also explained that they had a lot of things to tell them, but felt that it was best to tell them face to face.

She also added that she would like to request that the Japanese fans trusted KARA and their decisions, as they are trying their best not to disappoint or hurt their fans, just as she had requested their Korean fans at their first fan meeting as a 3 member group on the 24th of May.

During the fan meeting, fans had the opportunity to come up on stage and interact with the members of KARA directly, in which they played many fans such as “Bingo” and others.

Next, each of the members performed a solo stage for their fans, in which Seungyeon performed an OST track, “Should I Love Alone” for her drama “Her Lovely Heels”, Gyuri performed the theme song for the anime “Detective Conan”, titled “Because You Are Here”, and Hara performed her OST for “Galileo 2”, titled “Magic of Love”.

KARA ended their fan meeting with a performance of their hit song “Step”, and thanked their fans for attending the fan meeting and being supportive.

Meanwhile, KARA have already signed with Universal Sigma and are planning to comeback in South Korea some time in August this year, as well as release a new album in Japan in the later half of the year.

Source: Osen

Credit: Koreaboo

• Like 9

Hum...What's Universal Sigma and, can we see the fanmeeting somewhere?

Or it wasn't filmed?

I think Universal SIGMA also part of UMJ

Why do I have a feeling that KARA will stay as 3,
They make plans without the new member,  :gemhuh: 
Ohhwell, maybe that's how it rly is haha!  :gemhoho: 
But they're like so sure that things will work fine with the new member,
Wishing them all the best,   :gemheart: 
Can't wait for their comeback  :gemnoway: 
FIGHTIIIIING!  :gemcheer:

how reliable is this korea comeback in august?

furthermore the announcement was made (personally by the girls) in japan but this was reported from a korean news site.

in addition, the fans who attended the j-fanmeet yesterday didn't mention anything about this (comeback in korea).

and it doesn't make sense (for the girls) to announce this (korea comeback) in japan rather than on 24th.

i have my doubts on this (report) and it should be 11th j-single in august.

Edited by red4summer

how reliable is this korea comeback in august?

furthermore the announcement was made (personally by the girls) in japan but this was reported from a korean news site.

in addition, the fans who attended the j-fanmeet yesterday didn't mention anything about this (comeback in korea).

and it doesn't make sense (for the girls) to announce this (korea comeback) in japan rather than on 24th.

i have my doubts on this (report) and it should be 11th j-single in august.

other also thinking maybe or could be.. they will have comeback schedule like last year..just a little differences with the time frame 

That's how music industry generally works.

Unless all members have an equal status and have the power to decide tour schedules and so on, which is rarely the case.

I can think of several example where entire tours have been announced before all members have signed for that. And sometimes things don't work out, so members get changed on very short notice.

At least Black Sabbath had a member backing out of financial reasons not too long ago and someone replaced him, and Nightwish had their lead singer changed in the middle of the tour (with one show performed without a lead singer!), so these things happen. If anyone remembers Spice Girls, Geri Halliwell left the group in the middle of the tour, but the rest of them completed the tour, even though she was seen as the leader of the group.

Having absolutely no idea how Kara's contracts are, I would guess that they are signed to do and album and/or a tour, with or without new member(s). And I'm guessing that all Kara babies have signed several contracts when joining Kara Project, which most likely means that they must do certain albums or tours, whether they feel like it or not.

It also happens sometimes that band members can't stand each other, stay in separate hotels, drive in separate vehicles, but somehow manage to pull a show in front of a live audience. I really don't think it comes to that with Kara, but it wouldn't be the first time in the world.

• Like 1

Hum...What's Universal Sigma and, can we see the fanmeeting somewhere?

Or it wasn't filmed?

You areleady should know that is going to be the DVD with the A / B version of an upcoming single / album so.... Don't worry, just wait. ;D

other also thinking maybe or could be.. they will have comeback schedule like last year..just a little differences with the time frame

i think that was in the pipeline but after seeing how things are evolving in their country, the plan may have put on hold.

hence japan response is greatly appreciated.

Edited by red4summer

KARA will survive as long as Japanese fanbase still support them. After all, about 90% of their income come from Japan anyway. (As long as their Japanese tour is successful, they can make Korea Forbes top 20 just like last year. Even though their Korean comeback wasn't that strong.) The good thing about DSP artists is they all learn Japanese now. So even new trainees can get used to Japan very quickly.

Japanese and Korean comeback promotions are very different. Korean promotions are more tiring because they have to compete in rankings every week. OTOH Japanese promotions, they go on shows and interviews and have fun.

The next Japanese single they can do as KARA3 no problem. The new members probably won't be selected in time for recording and practice yet. Or maybe they have small parts in the song, but still need to learn the choreography, though, if they want to promote with KARA3. However, they need to be ready for KARASIA in a short time, which would be quite difficult for the new members. I think they should push the tour back a few months so the new members can catch up.

Anyway, it's good to see KARA as a group back on Japanese shows.

• Like 1

The next Japanese single they can do as KARA3 no problem. The new members probably won't be selected in time for recording and practice yet. Or maybe they have small parts in the song, but still need to learn the choreography, though, if they want to promote with KARA3. However, they need to be ready for KARASIA in a short time, which would be quite difficult for the new members. I think they should push the tour back a few months so the new members can catch up.

^ I agree, this is what I meant when I said that they planned these events without even knowing who the new member is. But they are KARA :gemhappy:  so I believe that everything will be okay. Right now I'm jst excited with everything bc I missed KARA so much, :gemcry:  months without much news from them was jst really sad! KARA hwaiting, whether a Japanese/Korean comeback, I don't mind really, for as long as we get to see you again, not jst in fancams bc fancams made me miss you guys even more. BOGOSHIPOOOOOOOO!  :gemheart: 

good and valid point but introducing the new members in august is a good time before pushing them out and stand in front of the thousands in autumn. like mentioned, japan promotion is a lot easier, so appearing in tv and games should be ok. i think the main concern now is if the new members are ready, given the lack of time in preparation. it's a bit rush or in fact very very rush. i agree that karasia is too soon for the new members. let's see how it goes..

Edited by red4summer

But they're like so sure that things will work fine with the new member,

If that's so, KARA project is for nothing and a lot of people would be pissed off.

Anyway, there's only more 3 missions that baby Kara have to do before being picked, right? Ends at 24(?)

If so, there's plenty of time for the new member to join KARA and make the debut with them in August, since, if I remember well, when KARA5 were preparing for the release of STEP, they had less time.  

Of course they'll have less lines in the new musics until they really fit in (like Jiyoung and Hara at first). And...for a tour? They are trainees for some time now. They have to be prepared for such things. Also, there's a LOT of time to practice for the tour so, even if the new member strugle at first, they'll be fine in the end (even more if the other members help them). That's what I think.  

They were on Japan already, so, a debut in Japan with the other 3 will be no problem too. Since the fans that watched seemed to like them.  

Well, only time will tell. Let's hope all the best for KARA. (question: is two members or one member to join KARA? Because I was under impression it was two O.o)

Edited by Mirytie