[2014.06.04] BABY KARA's Chaekyung Cries After Severe Criticism

flamestalker

image_readtop_2014_857996_14018832881368

[2014.06.04] Baby KARA's Chaekyung cries after severe criticism 

The seven trainees’ challenge to become the next Kara members is shown through its own program where among the trainees, Chaekyung cried after receiving severe criticism.

On the 3rd [of June], the second episode of the ‘Kara Project’, Baby Kara went to a school to perform as a mission.

Yooji, a Baby Kara member who attends the Seoul Performing Arts High School, performed the hit song ‘Rock U’ [with Baby Kara]. The seven girls were momentarily surprised and tense. Yet, when the audience was enthusiastically cheering for them, the girls successfully finished the performance.

However, the happiness (or relief) was abrupt as Chaekyung received harsh criticism. One of the judges said, “Chaekyung, you made a choreography mistake when you were in middle and your facial expression showed it. Even if you make a mistake, you have to make it look like you didn’t. That is what a professional is.” Another judge said, “Unfortunately, I only think of Chaekyung.** The way I see it, from the very beginning, [Chaekyung] hasn’t caught my attention. It feels like you’re riding the coattails of the team.”

After the judges gave their advice and criticisms, Chaekyung cried. In a personal interview, Chaekyung stated, “I don’t know if I don’t have the appeal [of an idol star]. Maybe it’s because I received the same criticisms from last time but I’m upset.”

(irrelevant - gives more information about Kara Project and the voting procedure)

**TL note: The article does not give a lot of context of the show but when the judge says he thinks of Chaekyung, he means in an negative way.

cr: Star Today

Article translated by: redd@karaholic

link: http://star.mk.co.kr...57996&year=2014

• Like 6

I'm not quite up to times with the Kara Baby Project, but there are some things I would like to say after reading this.  

Whenever someone receives negative criticism, it is important not to lose heart. Even if it makes you feel like you should just stop what you're doing and give up, if you really want it, you must persist and not give up.                

As a dancer and performer myself, I understand all too well the frustration. As a b-boy, it is part of our dance culture to constantly battle each other and compete against each other. Since it is often the case that I'm actually pitted against people who are easily better than me, losing a lot is part of the process in battling. Many frustrations come with training, battling, losing and then having to repeat that entire process again.                

But it should be kept in mind is just that if you come out and you think you didn't perform well, the only solution is to go back into the workshop and work 3 times as hard. Get smoked in a battle? Nothing you can do, go back to the lab and work it up.  

So I say to you - do not be discouraged. I understand what it is like to constantly be frustrated, to be negatively judged and criticised. Perhaps you do not have the appeal of an idol star now, but that is not to say you cannot get it in the future. The project is not over yet, and there is time for great improvement. Give it your best and then some. Swallow that bitterness and fight until the end, through the tears and through blood. When you come out the other side and have still lost, you can hold your head high in that you gave it your all; that the experience changed and shaped you, making you stronger. And when the project is over, with your newfound experience, go on to new and further heights.              

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FIDP9YUpRo&index=9&list=PLhnqClUHh17HXFcLIWqS_uHC0TkxGwLib

Edited by ZiLong
  • Like 3

I feel bad for Chaekyung rly,
But I must say that I feel the same way as the judge,
Sometimes I don't notice her, she's jst ... there :(
I think what the judge meant was that she could do better, that's why he's kind of pushing her to do so~
Fighting Chaekyung, you can do it!

• Like 2

Aww :(

I feel bad for Chaekyung unnie :(

Chaekyung should not put those criticisms to heart but instead learn from them and be better ^^

Chaekyung hwaiting!~

• Like 1

I feel bad for Chae Kyung because it is never easy to hear such bad criticism. Her lack of presence is probably her main barrier to shine as an idol and if she manages to overcome this difficulties so she can become a wonderful performer because she is really talented.

• Like 1

well, i guess it's good that she feels guilty for her fault it's okay since she's indeed still a newbie, just don't end up like senior hyori which was laughing awfully when she made mistake on stage :v

In the future, many more hardships will occur. And if being criticized like this already makes you disheartened and cried, then she is not even qualified to be a member of KARA for me. The world is a hard place and you have to know the truth.  But it's still the beginning, I know she could improve. Fighting Chaekyung!

It sucks when someone cries, but I think the judges do need to be harsh. After all, Kara is a very established group. I don't think they can afford to have rookie mistakes like that when performing alongside Gyuri, Seungyeon, and Hara.

I already said this in the main thread. She already debuted and has 2 years experience, so she should already know what being a professional on stage is. She has more actual experience than half the contestants, but it definitely doesn't show at all. As for charisma, that's even harder to improve. Most people are born with it, some people are just lucky, but rarely is it something that can be honed through practice.

We're looking for someone to join the great KARA. I think she lacks too much to be the next KARA.

• Like 1

I already said this in the main thread. She already debuted and has 2 years experience, so she should already know what being a professional on stage is. She has more actual experience than half the contestants, but it definitely doesn't show at all. As for charisma, that's even harder to improve. Most people are born with it, some people are just lucky, but rarely is it something that can be honed through practice. We're looking for someone to join the great KARA. I think she lacks too much to be the next KARA.

Totally agree!