[OG] Official Youngji Spazz Thread

watched the latest roommate (the 2nd part of christmas party) and login here specifically to post here.

watching her interaction with others on roommate as well as how she introduced herself as jackson's best friend, once again warmed my heart.

i'm really thankful how she got lots of opportunities and by that gaining lots of new friends.

it's easy to see from the list of people she is following in twitter, start from roommate cast members, and then king of ratings, and now from hitmaker.

she got some same age friend (jackson, sohyun) and seniors as well as older sister (sunny, gna) even seniors from other fields who takes care of her (jongok, seho, etc)

i mean, i clearly remember once Jiyoung talked that f(x)'s Sulli was her first friend since debut, which means she doesn't has any real 'friends' for more than a year within the industry. exactly like how hara said that once she was a new member too and she knows how hard it can be so she takes care of her a lot.

so i'm really glad youngji able to get lots of new friends quickly and although maybe they are not that close enough yet but she got 3 dependable onnies within kara.

i don't even care about achievements etc, looking at how she made friends and stays happy (and be true to herself) is more than enough for me

in the same way, as a fan of got7 even before roommate, i also glad to see jackson got a really good friend in youngji. i know well his loneliness and how much it means to have a good close friend. (and i really loved how seho's parent takes care of him too)

the way i see it, her tears wasn't simply a tears of someone touched by the scene in front of her, but it's more like a tears of someone who understand his hardship and how much it means to him, something that can only happen if you have strong bond.

i don't care whether they are dating or not, i simply wish their friendship to lasts long.

sorry for the long wall of text xD

• Like 7

Great article, great translation:
As always, thanks yuda!

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sjjt39

Heo Youngji "It's alright for me now to laught without covering it ^^"①[starLike]
At a coffee shop in Eungam-dong, Eunpyeong-gu, Seoul. Opening the glass door of the coffee shop, a bright and cheerful girl greets us "Welcome". 

It was KARA's Youngji who lately popular as the loveliest girl group member. Even though still a little bit lacking, she made a cup of coffee right away. In addition, she also gives her 'silent laugh' which makes people who see it feels happy. the coffee with a plausible latte art gives out a really nice aroma. 

This place is the coffee shop that runs by Heo Youngji's parents. The parents who teaches Youngji her to be a sociable person, right now are running the coffee shop on its second year. Even though she became really busy nowadays, the nice Heo Youngji always come to this place to help out her parents every time she able to.

The second star of 'Star Like',Heo Youngji, we requested a cup of coffee from her who was relaxing out at the coffee shop. 

# It's a cafe latte that I made, please try it! 
Heo Youngji made the coffee skillfully, while explaining things to pay attention to while doing it, showing that she is quite capable in doing it. 

"It's important to push both the left and right side at the same time. If not, the result will be different. however i'm not really able to do it (equally)."

She burst out into her silent laugh. now she is making steam milk. she heats up the milk while explaining that it's important to make it not too thin(?) and skillfully mixed it with the coffee. lastly, she made a little heart carefully.

"The small heart completed! (laugh) After this if i try to give it to the customer, my mom always stops me. I think it's good but she always stops me from giving it to the customer. even though she said i did well, if it's a real customer she always said "Youngji, mom will do it" (laugh)
# My original dream was to be a musical actress 
Heo Youngji's childhood dream was musical actress. On her elementary days, she even performed in small theaters. She even studied vocal on her 6th grade because people say it's good to learn vocal while doing musical. After this she entered an art middle school and then went to New Zealand to learn English.

"I didn't study English and instead only playing with sheeps. (laugh) i came back to Korea but at the airport, both of my parents didn't recognize me. because i gained lots of weight. since i ate lots of oily foods. (laugh) i didn't know what it calorie. i was there for around 2 years but my english is really bad. As for Jackson, he has been living in Korea for 2 years and his Korean has improved a lot. His Korean is as good as mine. (laugh) i only able to listen (and understand) to English but i'm still nervous if by any chance Joonhyung oppa or Jackson will ask me"

after than she slowly build up her dream of becoming a singer. the one who once only studied musical started to entering k-pop world by following her onnie who was Boa's fan. She started to sing various songs like SNSD's Into The New World and finally preparing with goal to debut as idol. of course, her parent's objection was very strong. however with her personality which never back up once she decided on a goal, in the end her parents gave up (on their objection).

# The Word "KARA's Youngji" is my favorite 
Her first audition was on Girl's Day company, Dream Tea Entertainment. It was the opportunity to debut soon after Girl's Day debut. 

"I cried looking at how Girl's Day Twinkle Twinkle did very well. I thought i was able to debut following their success, however that opportunity was delayed a lot. In the end, i changed company. I still remember clearly once i washed dishes with Minah and Hyeri with cold water making our hands red. After that i went to couple of companies and in the end i entered DSP Entertainment. Even at that time i never imagined to become KARA."

She talks very humbly yet during the Project to choose new member of KARA, there was lots of positive comments about Heo Youngji. even after that she still unable to fully realize it yet.

"It doesn't seem real even as i doing the promotion. That's why i really love it when people say "KARA's Youngji". It's not just a "Youngji" but "KARA's Youngji", i really love it. Nowadays i sleep quite late because i sleep while reading fan letters."

Of course it's not easy to become a new member of a top girl group that has been active for years. We can say that she is one of the people who successfully doing a job with the most burden in the entertainment industry this year. And naturally people will also expect that she suffers a lot. She received lots of questions like that. 

"It's the question that i received the most. "Is it hard?" i did worry a lot at first. I'm worried whether i will be able to adapt well or not. The onnies has been together for years and it's easy for them to match their voices well. As for me, even though i tried hard, at first i felt that i was unable to match with them and made me stressed a lot. So i watch the practice video lots of time. Even watched it in slow motion. The onnies told me to ask if there is anything that i don't know, so i asked a lot. after that i think i started to match better with them. i do feel that i improved and started to gain confidence.

# I'm glad i don't need to cover my mouth when laughing 
SBS 'Roommate' can be said is a blessing. Her bright and outgoing personality got exposed thanks to the program. laughing without covering her mouth, her honest side without any pretension, catches the viewers' interest right away. She always monitor the response while reading the comments.

"I'm really happy. I can't eat nor sleep yet i feel compensated with the loves that i receive. i read all the comments. it's alright even reading the hate comments because i already prepared beforehand. there are really various hate comments. even if there are more than 600 comments i read all. since it was sorted by the most recent one (laugh). if i get tired with that, i change the sorting to the best comment and got comforted with the good comments." 

She never expected to people her silent laugh. In fact, she was very nervous what will be the viewers' reaction after the first episode.

"If you see my appearance at 'Quiz that Change The World', i laughed while covering my mouth. since lots of people told me to do that. it made me uncomfortable. it was really funny but i only able to laugh awkwardly. (laugh) it was hard for me, but lately it became comfortable. i'm really happy"

The girl who became more comfortable, eating lettuce wraps with full mouth, always naturally yet lovely bickering with jackson, she is slowly approaching the fans.

"I started to eating vegetables because of diet yet i never realized that i love lettuce to that extend. nowadays i reduced it and only eat 4 leaves at once. during the Japan tour we went for eat one and there was a lettuce bigger than my face. i was really happy (laugh)"

She says "Happiness is when you are busy and able to achieve something". Now is the beginning. Her parents also say "To get lots of interest within the short time, be careful not to let it get into your head. We hope that you always keep your heart like the first time"

"Of course. I think from now on is the start. I will show my new and good side, so please look forward to me and take care of me!"

Source: http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&oid=109&aid=0002955769&sid1=001&lfrom=twitter

• Like 3

i love to see both of them in roommate, i wish their friendship will last long, or they can be a very best friend for one and another, they don't have to be couple to do that.. since what i saw in Roommate episode 33 is already telling me everything.. and yes the more i watch Young Ji in shows, it deepen my fan boy feeling for her.. haha.. the more i love her..

• Like 2