[OG] Official Youngji Spazz Thread

allkpop: Youngji takes on beloved 2000 dance track on 'Immortal Song'.

Youngji took on a much-loved dance track on the February 24th installment of 'Immortal Song'.

For part 2 of the '2018 Songs Koreans Love' Lunar New Year special, Youngji covered Kim Hyun Jung's popular dance song "Bruise". For her performance, she started slow, letting the audience hear the lyrics about a betrayed woman, but she also made sure to express the song's original dance appeal.

However, Youngji wasn't able to defeat Wheesung, who won part 1 of the special, and it was No Brain who eventually took the final trophy.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/02/youngji-takes-on-beloved-2000-dance-track-on-immortal-song

youngji.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Axy2oygfqs 

• Like 2

Thread of POSITIVE comments on Naver Vid of Youngji - 멍 @ Immortal Song - https://twitter.com/...430843852505089

translation of comments under a spoiler.

Spoiler
- She is good in singing this to the point I think its not to the state she should get any curse. but I personally think a song with bright atmosphere like last time is suit more with her voice.

- i was getting shocked bcs she is better than what i expected, i hope youngji will get more famous, so i could see her often in tv~~

- she is better than most idol

- I think she's fine though..? bcs the original singer is very good in singing this one.. but she is still young, so I think she will have more progress (later)

- She is so pretty like that, and at that state I think she's really good in singing it.. Or then.. do you want her to sing it like Big Mama..?

- during her performance she really looks like Moon Chaewon, am I the only one who thinks like that..?? 

- as i watch it live, i think she is good tho..?

- Her skill is not really bad for this song but is still a bit lack.. its bcs the original singer is really good & its a hard song that at least you need to really good in singing to cover this song, but still not on the state I couldnt see her stage..its a decent stage for me..

- before.. when the first time news coming out,I saw the comment and just thought "ah.. she's bad" but singer is still a singer ㅎ she is so good!! 

- Youngji is matured now.. she is become a lady..

- good in singing,I hope I could see u on the stage again

- Youngji, eonni is supporting you, You are so pretty ㅠㅠㅠ You did well and improved a lot

- Youngji eonni,cheer up! I hope you will do well

- She is good!!!!! I like her voice

- You are good. pretty

- She is good for the one dancing + singing..I think it would getting much better synergy if she could focus abit more on performance and bit more have balance on her stage

- I think this is the first time I heard Youngji's voice.. please let me hear your voice often^^

- She is good~~I liked it~~!!

- She's really good

- I think at this rate she sing and dance to this song is fine tho..just! Kim Hyunjung's song I think should be a bit more powerful singer who could make this song alive..but I support how hardwork she is! fresh& lively song like 'festival'last time is suit with her more

- she has lost her way, I hope she could get recognition and it goes well for her, I want to support her! but still I like how she is coming out a lot in many program..I hope everyone will think like this too

- but I think she was good at this rate? I understand bcs this is Immortal Song, (any performer) could get some criticism..I'm not a fan but her skill is okay and and she's really working hard,I feel bad to her when she joined to Kara but then the group disband, it feels like

- she's very good^^ I always watching her everytime she's coming out, as expected she's the best, singing is singing,good at dancing too, i will look forward for you from now on, fighting♡♡♡

DW0BN1SVMAAg9NF.jpg

Edited by Eugene Machinarchy
  • Like 2

180224 Immortal Songs 2 - Hur Youngji - Bruise (by Kim Hyunjung). 

As of 10:30PM KST, still no. 4 on NaverTV Top 100 and currently with 61k+ views, surpassing views of Festival performance.

DWzdih6VQAAw9FX.jpg

DWzdih7VwAAAEy7.jpg

I begin to think that it is the quote good idea - to give YoungJi the full solo project. Earlier I was afraid that she won't be able to receive a necessary response from spectator audience. But probably she can have good promotion on TV, radio and on the Internet. Of course she won't be able to jump above the head. But she can be the most successful solo singer in Korea from the list of participants of Kara. Koreans love her. In articles about YoungJi always a minimum of negative responses.

• Like 2