[2014.07.01] KARA's New member "Youngji" is selected from 7 members in "KARA PROJECT"

viperion

Yes she wasn't my top choice, but she was my second!
If they were going to add 2 members, I wanted Somin and her,
Ohhwell, i guess KARA4 is okay too,
Congrats to the new KARA member  :gemcheer:
 KARA FIGHTING!!!

• Like 1

Yay!! She is my Fav Baby KARA.. So happy to hear that she won that i were not able to vote yesterday.. :D KARA FIGHTING!!

I hope Chaewon will debut soon 'cause I like her too.. :D

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm bummed about Youngji winning. Even though I'll support Kara regardless of anything, I still really think Somin/Sojin should have won. I think Youngji won because of her popularity with the Japanese Kamilias. I think more or less the more international fans preferred Somin/Sojin.  

Also disappointed in the fact that they only added one. If one of the reasons for adding another member was to lessen the work load for the others during live performances, I don't see how one person is going to make that big of a difference for a previously 5 member group. They will still have to re-learn or change their dances to fit 4 members. 

I definitely agree with you. The international fans like Sojin and Somin. Youngji is only popular with the Japanese fans but since everything is Japanese based so yeah. I want them to add 2 members too. I honestly hope it would be Sojin / Somin / Chaekhyung because those 3 are the top 3 favorite by the intl fans. 

I definitely agree with you. The international fans like Sojin and Somin. Youngji is only popular with the Japanese fans but since everything is Japanese based so yeah. I want them to add 2 members too. I honestly hope it would be Sojin / Somin / Chaekhyung because those 3 are the top 3 favorite by the intl fans. 

I'm not japanese, I know a fanclub of 50+ people who aren't japanese, so yeah, it was pretty global and deserved

I'm not japanese, I know a fanclub of 50+ people who aren't japanese, so yeah, it was pretty global and deserved

Of course she has other fans, but the majority were from Japan. The fact that she got so many votes in the first few episodes regardless of actually performing shows how flawed the whole thing was. I don't even have anything against Youngji, but no one can honestly say that her initial popularity was from talent... 

Of course she has other fans, but the majority were from Japan. The fact that she got so many votes in the first few episodes regardless of actually performing shows how flawed the whole thing was. I don't even have anything against Youngji, but no one can honestly say that her initial popularity was from talent... 

well, indeed it is. Because episodes are pre-recorded, so even other korean fans who saw her before, voted her. Besides, it's not like it was her fault she got injured and a lot of people already knew her from her ccm trainee days, because of her amazing dancing skills. So yeah, it was for her talent.

well, indeed it is. Because episodes are pre-recorded, so even other korean fans who saw her before, voted her. Besides, it's not like it was her fault she got injured and a lot of people already knew her from her ccm trainee days, because of her amazing dancing skills. So yeah, it was for her talent.

So everyone who voted for her during the first two episodes were there for the recordings and/or follow trainees? I doubt it. Like I said before, I have nothing against Youngji, but there are many others including myself that thought the other girls would have been a better choice for Kara. 

if dsp was to make this project a closed-door contest, fans wouldn't appreciate it. (the majority never.)

so dsp made it public and gave the majority vote to the fans.

fans came from all over the world, they voted and it showed in the result.

even if the majority came from japan, they are still fans.

the winner is unanimous and undisputed. (if our bias didn't win, we can only blame ourselves.)

and the question on everyone's mind, why one?

dsp doesn't have to explain everything to everyone, hence i accepted it.

• Like 3