[2014.07.02] KARA Revived! Will New Member YoungJi Bring New Era to KARA's 3rd Phase?

viperion

r.jpg    

KARA's 3rd phase has started since their debut on their 7th year. A new member was selected and KARA will start 
as a 4-member group.

On 2007, KARA began their debut with Park Gyuri, Han Seungyeon, Kim Sunghee and Nicole. After Kim Sunghee left the group, 2 new members were added which were Kang Jiyoung and Goo Hara. They became a 5-member group for their comeback.

Due to Jiyoung and Hara's addition to the group, KARA popularity has risen. They became one of the top groups in Japan's Music Industry in 2010.

Then back on January 2011, Seungyeon, Gyuri, Hara, Nicole and Jiyoung were involved in a contract termination by DSP Media. 
On February 2011, Seungyeon, Nicole and Jiyoung issued a lawsuit case against DSP Media while Gyuri and Hara pulled out from the lawsuit. 

However, after 4 months, it was resolved on April 2011, between the KARA Members and DSP Media. Everything has been agreed and KARA continued with DSP. They had a comeback in Japan and Korea as 5 members. KARA became the first Korean girl group to perform at Tokyo Dome, Japan.

However, these were only the beginning until Nicole revealed on November 2013, that she will not be renewing her contract with DSP Media and will leave KARA on January 2014. Following Nicole, Jiyoung also revealed her intention to leave KARA on January 2014 to study and pursue her acting career. 

It was the most upsetting and shocking news for all KARA fans. Japan fans were sad with the decision and were hoping that KARA will rejoin in the future.

The agency made a quick decision by selecting a new member for KARA through "KARA PROJECT". After the project ended, it was announced that Youngji was KARA's new member.

KARA will never give up. It stated, "We are grateful that many people are still standing with us here. Youngji will not disappoint us and she will work even harder for KARA's future".

KARA's 4 members: Gyuri, Seungyeon, Hara and Youngji will rejoin as a new group. They will release new songs in both Japan and South Korea on August 2014. Youngji's addition to KARA was well-received with great excitement and attention from everyone. 

Article Translated by: Viperion@karaholic.com 
Edited by Jappy
Proofreading
  • Like 13

Cant wait to see what is under DSP's sleeves. 

me too ME TOO ME TOO~!!

do you think still sweetune >? 

Thank you for trans OP

• Like 2

Well, I still can't accept this. 5 of them were fought so hard for KARA and now DSP just replaced it with some rookie when the members left the group. I think it's better to stay with 3. In fact, I think 3 of them can do pretty well and adding one member doesn't make any difference since it's 5 persons choreo for all kara's previous songs. What if the one of members want to left the group in the future? So they just gonna add another new member to continue the name with Kara? No offence to anyone and it's just my own opinion but DSP really sucks. SAD. TnT 

• Like 6

we attained fame but we also turn ungracious? rookies aren't fitting to kara?

is this the kara i embrace? (not bothered with the antis, this is what i want to know most.)

Edited by red4summer
  • Like 4

What can I say?... Simply everyone has their own point of view, I accept, and I'm happy that Youngji joined the group, but, for the other side I agree with BboyWing and Red4summer, this couldn't work for many motives: First: Nicole and Jiyoung are irreplaceable, even put on KARA many members they can't be KARA. Second: Thinking ahead: As BboyWing said: What if Gyuri, Seungyeon, or Hara wants to left the group? What they are (DSP) gonna do? Add new members? 

In this situation could be better keep KARA with 3 members, just we need wait and hope their comeback, and wait that all gonna be ok... Unfortunately we can't back the time and go ahead, support them because they are whom is suffering with all this conflict. That's my opinion...

• Like 4

We need to accept the fact that KARA is a brand property of DSP, so if DSP wants, they can continue KARA without the original members, it's our choice to follow or not follow the new KARA. ^

^

I think this idea comes from Japan, groups like AKB48 have a graduation system, in the case of KARA, the members left for different reasons not exactly a graduation but looks like the same (only on this case), we are gonna see what is going on after 2 years, when KARA3 finish their contracts, don't make assumptions, just give the support.

Edited by Geassu
  • Like 3

I read somewhere, in the mass of reports, that KARA was going for a music change this time. Since Sweetune has somehow ... declined in the quality and number of their releases so far... do you guys think Sweetune is 'saving' the good work for KARA (I hope)? Or KARA is changing producers?

• Like 1

I read somewhere, in the mass of reports, that KARA was going for a music change this time. Since Sweetune has somehow ... declined in the quality and number of their releases so far... do you guys think Sweetune is 'saving' the good work for KARA (I hope)? Or KARA is changing producers?

Sweetune is awesome and changing producers would be a HUGE mistake in terms of music quality. Look at 4minute as an example. Their old producer was Shinsadong Tiger and they had a couple of hits with him (Hot Issue, HuH, Volume Up, e.t.c) but they had to switch to Brave Brothers and their newer music wasn't as catchy as they used to. The safer route for KARA at the moment is to stick with a solid producer like Sweetune.

• Like 2

We need to accept the fact that KARA is a brand property of DSP, so if DSP wants, they can continue KARA without the original members, it's our choice to follow or not follow the new KARA. ^ ^

I think this idea comes from Japan, groups like AKB48 have a graduation system, in the case of KARA, the members left for different reasons not exactly a graduation but looks like the same (only on this case), we are gonna see what is going on after 2 years, when KARA3 finish their contracts, don't make assumptions, just give the support.

this! i hope by 2016, all those opposing fans will leave and this new fandom will be peaceful again.
  • Like 3

Regarding to the addition of new member, I hope that she really puts in enough effort for our 7 years group KARA... And also I still loving KARA all members whether they were former or still here, I love you KARA~~~~ KARA experienced so much.....

• Like 2

As what some people has said and something I couldn't stop thinking about it from day 1 when they announced the addition of new members, what will happen to KARA in future if the 3 members decide to leave the group after the contracts end? Will DSP continue to add members like nobody's business? KARA5 has formed a huge part of my life now. I love KARA because of each of the members. I see them as the soul of the group, even Sunghee too although I don't know her so well but I really like her voice in the old songs. Simply replacing them will not work for me. So, to me, adding new members is something that I find really hard to accept. And I especially dislike the graduation system. I feel it puts less value on the artists themselves, like as though they are not important, are forgettable and can be replaced at will. I value the members a lot. They were the ones who have been through thick and thin together in the last 6 years and 6 years isn't very short. Gyuri even said they are telepathic. It shows how close they had become. I truly hope KARA won't become like Jewelry, Jewelry is like a shadow of it's past now. I just can't... T.T I'll try to accept Youngji for the remaining 3 members but don't expect it to be very fast...

• Like 3

in any team, organization etc, people come and go.

in karaholic, do we value the pioneers (ex-staffs) more than the current batch, or the other way?

or do we value the many batches in-between more?

no, everyone is essential to what karaholic is today.

be it small or big, each has his or her contributions.

context is different? no, it's how we handle when things change.

in this fandom, we're getting too emotional and attached.

Edited by red4summer
  • Like 5

Changes happens all the time whether we like it or not, and it's all up to us to accept it or not. stay or leave, its your decision, there's no right or wrong with it.

Try to take a step behind, watch and listen what is happening.

Don't be too fast to judge,assume & just enjoy the ride. One day it'll just be another memory.

• Like 4

^

regarding about Sweetune

Everyone here still remember the Interview of Hammie?..

She Mention that Damage lady is not the overall Music Choice ...its just majority choice ..its means..there is SOMETHING HIDDEN tract for us ...

• Like 1

People need to believe that this is not a replacement, this is addition. Nicole's and Jiyoung's aren't replaceable, no one can be or replace anyone in general.

I'm glad KARA support the decision (since themselves voted for her along with experts) and I had no doubts. Just I have no doubts that they'll get along pretty well. People just need to have faith and don't have prejudices because that's not what KARA needs or deserves. Plus, Nicole and Jiyoung decided their own road, DSP didn't kick them out, so why not have faith in Youngji's skills just as DSP had, fans had and even KARA had. Let's just wait, and i'm sure she'òò be able to show everyone what she really is capable of, just like Hara and Jiyoung showed back then when there were a lot of people who hated them.

• Like 2

It is very important for artists to reinvent their music. I mean, i want a fresh,unique and catchy one. Something better than Lupin or Step. I'm not saying that their past songs were not catchy. It's just that, I want to reinvent and refresh their music and something that fits for Youngji as a newbie.

• Like 2

I think the new music is why they were okay with just one extra member... since they have been doing more mature songs lately, maybe they are going for a sexier/hip-hop concept? Five members is too crowded for a sexy/hip-hop theme, but I hope that 'new music' can still keep the fun, carefree spirit that they've always had.

• Like 1

I'm probably too emotionally attached to KARA5 but I guess this is my personality? I don't usually go crazy over anyone but when I do, I become really attached to the person and I can't just sit back and watch the events unfold... I'll try my very best to accept Youngji, say 1 year down the road? Idk, but I'll try to do it for the other members. And I would also like to say that I don't have anything against Youngji individually, I'm just against the idea of addition of members, in case some people misunderstand me... :)

• Like 1

I'm probably too emotionally attached to KARA5 but I guess this is my personality? I don't usually go crazy over anyone but when I do, I become really attached to the person and I can't just sit back and watch the events unfold... I'll try my very best to accept Youngji, say 1 year down the road? Idk, but I'll try to do it for the other members. And I would also like to say that I don't have anything against Youngji individually, I'm just against the idea of addition of members, in case some people misunderstand me... :)

I feel the same way too.

• Like 1

why hope for the worst while you could hope for the best  :hihi: 

as a new fan for about 3 months i want to see them for the next 3-5 years. So if you have option to not support them. Well you better not. :gemnoway: 

• Like 1

Would it be better for them to disband? Because I don't think DSP would let them be a 3 member group.

YoungJi isn't a begginer either.It might be her first experience with KARA, but with KARA Project, she already recorded and danced on stage. Also, she has been a trainee under DSP for years.

She might not have as much experience as KARA with the fans and tours and promotions and interviews and stuff, but she'll learn.

Nicole and JiYoung are irreplacable but they made their own choice. They weren't forced. And, if you guys give her time, YoungJi might become just as irreplaceble as the formers.

Also, I think that, if other original KARA member wanted to leave, they'll not replace her with other member. Propably just disbanded them all.

Give YoungJi time, not hate.

Now it is really the time to open a new chapter with KARA4 (Version 2).I know that it will be difficult for some fans to get use to this new composition but we have to understand without blaming anyone because no one is at fault. Youngji will bring something new and fresh and I hope KARA will be able to grow even more stronger after this.

It is very important for artists to reinvent their music. I mean, i want a fresh,unique and catchy one. Something better than Lupin or Step. I'm not saying that their past songs were not catchy. It's just that, I want to reinvent and refresh their music and something that fits for Youngji as a newbie.

Agree about coming up with something fresh. Agree about the need for something better than Lupin. But better than Step...? Step is one of their biggest hits, has catchy rhythmic patterns and recognizable dance moves. Basically what you're asking for is that they come up with their biggest hit ever, with some mind-blowing stuff? I'm sure they would love to do that, but topping Step might just be a bit too hard. Most likely it won't happen, even if they come up with some good stuff otherwise. (Unless they really step it up now!! .... sorry just couldn't resist that bad pun... :facepalm: )

Would it be better for them to disband? Because I don't think DSP would let them be a 3 member group.

Well considering how popular Perfume is as a trio, I really don't see anything which is fundamentally or even pragmatically wrong with a three member group. Of course there is the psychological effect that previously you paid to see Kara and got 100%, for a trio you would get only 60%. New member(s) add something fresh to counter that. The only downside for a trio is that it makes some live settings very hard.

YoungJi isn't a begginer either. Also, she has been a trainee under DSP for years.

Really?

I have read that she has been with DSP only for few months. Which is correct?