[2014.07.02] Recruitment of New KARA Member Raises Concerns

steprider

^ I respect your opinion to trust DSP and their actions while me, I can't. Too many things have happened for me to accept this madness (I don't accept to trust a company that has demonstrated many times that they can't be trusted). But oh well, I guess all Kamilias have to co-exist/live together in this fandom with the respect of everyone's opinions as well as everyone's ways of supporting "KARA". Many like you can certainly believe and I, like many others, also decide not to and that is all okay. We just have to co-exist in this divide and I don't believe that we can convince each other to change our opinions. So, let's all accept and respect each other.

Well, korean kamilia acted... in a dissapointing way, when the KARA Project was announced, DSP wasn't going to push it into them. Also, when it comes to KARA (and strategy and planning), Universal Japan > DSP, so...   

And Gyul, Seungyeon and Hara's contracts time is running out, I'm glad the project was just a month to keep KARA going for the rest of the year!   (BTW, 'Kara new member' is still trending on Naver, and it was reported in Japan's morning news/newspapers/online reports, so while the show might have had less attention at first, Youngji being the winner --and a charming beauty-- got quite a lot of expossure) 

When exactly does their contract end?  I thought they signed for 2 years last fall, so that would make it upto fall 2015 if I'm right.    

Also, KARAHOLIC is a community for Kamilias.  It's a place where we should be able to freely and respectively be able to voice our opinions among ourselves.  It may not be the popular opinion but it is what a person will chooses to feel. We all have that right and I think we should all respect that right.  

People are so caught up in trying to convince others in why the way they think is right that it becomes intimidating to post on here.  That is not what this forum is about.  

In the end we all come together to support KARA and that is all that matters.  

So please be patient with all during this member transition.  There are some who are so excited to have Youngi into the KARA family but are not realizing that there are some who are having a hard time during this member transition after losing 2 beloved members.  

It will all come together, it just needs time.  Even if our views are different, our belief is the same.  

The belief in KARA :)

Edited by BabyGirl
  • Like 1

Let's be honest here, when a good number of KARA fans acted the way they did when KARA Project began and thought a new member couldn't possibly be good for KARA, they don't really know anything at all. There's a whole list of idol groups that have undergone member changes and are still loved regardless.

Giving DSP all this unnecessary hate just makes it harder for them to concentrate on making the best out of their decision. It's already hard enough without all these naysayers yapping like spoilt puppies. I won't say that DSP wishes only the best for KARA, but it's certainly in their interest to and they certainly do care about them in one way or another.

Therefore, as I have always said concerning this matter, just give KARA your full support as their loving fans. This also includes Youngji from now on.

• Like 3

^ and as I indicated to you before, your arguments aren't going to convince me and many people and trying to denigrate our point of view is a bit disrespectful and frankly unhelpful and unnecessary. Your arguments are the exact reason why some feel that they can't express themselves because you automatically rationalize that what they feel is wrong. Please share your thoughts on the change and please be respectful of people who view this and deal with the change differently. A bit of maturity in dealing with this, that's all.

Edited by sarah09

sarah09 but he is simply right. It is about people who prohibit talking about new Kara member on their forums, who show their hate by saying they gonna blur off her image, ignore their solos and other BAD things, disrespectful for a Kamilia

Maybe he addressed some other people than you, and you don't have to feel criticized?

^ right and wrong is something that is again a matter of opinion of how you view this situation. There is no rule that indicates that we should just accept and welcome every decision made by a company about a group. You may certainly do so but expressing that those who don't are "simply not right" is definitely disrespectful to my opinion and many others. Unless there is an explicit rule in this forum that we'll just agree and move on whatever decision DSP makes or that this forum is DSP governed, your opinion is as valuable and as correct as mine and your opinion is not the golden rule of what is right or wrong. I have been kind by avoiding the argumentative process of "I am right, it's you who is wrong" because that is enfantile and I hope that we all have the maturity to not go there (anymore).

• Like 1

Opinions are neither right nor wrong.

...people who prohibit talking about new Kara member on their forums, who show their hate by saying they gonna blur off her image, ignore their solos and other BAD things, disrespectful for a Kamilia...

That, though, is definitely wrong.

Edited by nightvisiongoggles
  • Like 1

^ I don't see anything wrong about those things unless there is a rule how to be "respectful" and "disrespectful" as a kamilia. Each one does whatever they want.

When people start putting value of right and wrong on something as superfluous as what it is to be a "right" or "wrong" kamilia, well, let's just say that is an issue on itself. Kamilia means different things to different people and there is no single interpretation of this word that is correct so there cannot be people who are "wrong" or right. Believing in that is by essence close-minded because you are imposing your value system and beliefs onto others, which to me, is more disrespectful than what was listed.

It all goes back to my point of enfantile debates vs. a real dialogue in which people are appreciative of each other rather than attacking one another about right or wrong, bad or "good" kamilia. Argh...I seem to be repeating the same thing at each reply...seriously, this is not a way to resolve divisions...

Edited by sarah09
  • Like 2

...and you just provided additional evidence to what I said before...Redundancy is not a habit of mine so I'll leave it as that especially when it is very apparent that the other side acts superior, pretends deafness or plays ignorance. Let's all learn from the content and process of this crisis in Kara's history.

Yes, we are free to do, say, and think what we want, but not at the expense of preventing others from exercising that same freedom. 

"...people who prohibit talking about new Kara member on their forums, who show their hate by saying they gonna blur off her image, ignore their solos..."  

^Those are clear examples of hate, not just plain dislike. I believe I do not have to explain why. No matter what fandom or interest group, those are clear examples of hatred.

When the Kara Project began, it was perfectly fine for those Korean fans to post streamers declaring that they will not support the project, and they cannot be faulted for that. However, preventing people from talking about it in internet forums is just not right at all no matter how you look at it.

Just as there are clear and common rules regarding respect and disrespect, those same behavioral norms carry over to being a fan. Just because one does not like another member of a group does not mean you can stand up and leave when that member is performing and expect people to think that you are respecting the group.

It's perfectly okay to say 'I don't like X,' and find people who think the same way and declare your collective dislike for X and the world will be a better place for diversity. But when you start stopping people from talking about X, ripping X's photos off and walking out on X, that's already foul. Those are no longer opinions, those are statements of hate and disrespect.        

I am not forcing nor convincing anyone to think the same way I do, nor am I telling people they are right or wrong. However, there are THINGS AND ACTIONS (not people) that are clearly right and wrong, and those needed to be pointed out.    

---  

On hindsight and veering a bit off the track...

There's a good reason why KARA chose to call their fans Kamilias. Being a fan of a group is a lot like love and family. If one of your family dies, will you stop loving your family? If you have a new child that you do not like, will you abandon your entire family? You cannot throw your child away. That's what we are going through right now as fans. Two of our children have grown up and have to bravely face life by themselves, and now we have a new child coming our way and needs all the support she can get. She knows that she is not the best in everything, and I'm sure she knows that many people doubt and hate her... imagine what she thinks about before going to sleep. All she wants is for us to help her find her place where she can grow and become a good member of the family.

It will be difficult to accept, I'm not saying we immediately have to, but we all must learn to especially when we can't change what we do not want. Acceptance is an integral part of love, take it or leave it, warts and all, we can't choose the parts we love and ignore the ones we don't like. We all have standards and expectations of our loved ones, but just because they do not always meet them does not mean we should disown them.  We can't expect the persons we love to stay the same forever; we change, they change, we lose bits and pieces of us as we grow old, we welcome new and other people into our lives. We cannot always have it our way, and the only way we can deal with it is we have to learn to accept things as they are.

I love KARA as a whole and not just because of, nor despite, one or two members. Even if, after time, all the original members are gone, as long as the new members carry the spirit of the group, I will support them.

• Like 4

Just as there are clear and common rules regarding respect and disrespect, those same behavioral norms carry over to being a fan. Just because one does not like another member of a group does not mean you can stand up and leave when that member is performing and expect people to think that you are respecting the group.

This ^

And everything else you sad!!!

• Like 1

the 'group' as far some fans are concerned no longer exists. and the new 'group' is not their desire. so in fact, they are still respecting the 'group' by not acknowledging the new member.

it's ridiculous to compare a new innocent baby born out of love and this (some would say disastrous) voting scheme to force in a new member. each fan will deal with this their own way--acceptance or denial--and no one has the right to say they're wrong for ignoring the new member, and neither should they be forced to accept the member. some will take longer to accept or just leave the fandom altogether. that is their right to choose. if they feel the character of KARA as a group has changed, they have the right to boycott and voice their disapproval.

those are private fan club boards, so they can set whatever rules they want. if you don't agree with them, then quit visiting their boards. if many people disagree with the rules and leave their boards, it'll get quieter and less active. nevertheless, if they want to continue to worship KARA as 5 and only 5, then that is their right.

<p>We cannot always have it our way, and the only way we can deal with it is we have to learn to accept things as they are.

Likewise, learn to accept that people cope with change in different ways. If the new member makes fans unhappy, then that they shouldn't have to stay in a situation that makes them unhappy. If they want to continue to support KARA 3 but not the new member, that's their opinion and no one can change that.
  • Like 1

^
Not all children are born out of love, some are born to victims of abuse. Does that mean they are lesser people and should not be accepted into the family they are born into?

Again, let me be clear about this: I personally do not have anything against those who are against this change. Yes, that's their right and they can shout it in my face and I will not mind. But saying that the 'group' no longer exists is counterproductive. The 'group' is KARA; whoever is in that group, past, present and future is the 'group'. What were fans saying when Sunghee left and Hara and Jiyoung came in? 

...Alright, if that's their way of dealing with this change, then let them be. If they want to boo, throw tomatoes and walk out on Young Ji onstage, go ahead. If it makes them feel better, fine. I can take a dump on the street and I'll feel better doing it, but it doesn't change the fact that it's bad behavior.

I voted for So Min, and if I could have it my way, I would have wanted her in instead of Young Ji. But the majority have spoken and they want Young Ji. I could just sulk in a corner and blame DSP and the Japanese fans for ruining it all (which was what I did for a few days), or I could see what possible good there is in her.       

---    

Man, this is just getting us nowhere.  

Let's just end it with this: We all wait and see what happens after the August release.

Let's just all hold our opinions at bay for now, and if Young Ji and the new song does not live up to the hype, then let all hell break loose.

I'll just leave these here:

http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/581381.html
http://coolsmurf.wordpress.com/2008/07/22/kara-reveal-their-2-new-members/
http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/124384/%EC%B9%B4%EB%9D%BC-kara-official-thread/p527

• Like 2

well to be honest, im not against Youngji at all, i humbly welcomed her as the newest KARA member,, but honestly,only a month audition to pick the new member? i mean,she would fill the position of Nicole and Jiyoung in KARA, so the expectation from the KAMILIAs must be very high on her, so i dont think such a rushed decision is a right decision that DSP made,,since Youngji unnie is still quite inexperienced,and she also have to adapt with so many new things in such a short period of time..so i dont really think such a rush decision to pick the new member is a good decision,, plus,Nicole and Jiyoung's departure is still fresh in KAMILIAS mind,,tooo fresh actually, some of us,me honestly still workin to accept this thing because we were not only lose 1 precious member of KARA but 2 precious members,,so i really understand why many people felt upset knowing that DSP "quickly" trying to replace or fill their void in the group.

i mean if DSP wanted to recruit a new member,the most least thing DSP can do is to give more time to the audition, one month is too short honestly for me to pick a new recruit to a veteran well known group like KARA,,so maybe people think that the audition is too short,we havent seen much enough of what the new recruit could do,,thats what i personally think about the audition itself, i mean if DSP wanted to fill KARA,at least they fill it with someone that is "proven" to be experienced enough to fill such a great void in the group,,, but after all,we KAMILIAS promised to support KARA no matter what happened, so yes,i would working on acceptin wholeheartly Cole and Jing's departure and i would do my best to support KARA and Youngji unnie to the future.. KARA FIGHTING!! :D

• Like 1

Do you seriously think it was only a month? >-< They signed for this project since the end of last year, and they obviously kept training (even if not KARA songs), they obviously did. And some of them were trainees in other agencies. Not to mention that it's not likely to be a replacement, it's an addition.

Edited by xbrokenarrow

Do you seriously think it was only a month? >-< They signed for this project since the end of last year, and I obviously kept training (even if not KARA songs), they obviously did. And some of them were trainees in other agencies. Not to mention that it's not likely to be a replacement, it's an addition.

I also think it wasn't only a month. And I'm almost sure that that 7 girls weren't the only ones to sign up to fill up for the empty spaces in KARA.

I think DSP chose the seven best trainees to enter the contest.

• Like 1

^ and as I indicated to you before, your arguments aren't going to convince me and many people and trying to denigrate our point of view is a bit disrespectful and frankly unhelpful and unnecessary. Your arguments are the exact reason why some feel that they can't express themselves because you automatically rationalize that what they feel is wrong. Please share your thoughts on the change and please be respectful of people who view this and deal with the change differently. A bit of maturity in dealing with this, that's all.

Um... let's get a few things straight here.

1) I didn't say 'people like you are wrong'. I simply said that people going against DSP's decision don't know what they're talking about. I didn't say whether they were right or wrong.

2) Similarly, I said that DSP does not know whether its decision is right or wrong until they see it through.

3) Moreover, how am I 'denigrating' your point of view? I am simply saying that you don't know what the future for KARA4.2 will hold with the inclusion of Youngji. At one point or another, every single member of KARA has made a mistake whilst performing on live stage, long after they debuted as KARA5. What I'm saying is that all the people who are naysaying to Youngji before she has had a chance to properly perform with KARA know absolutely bugger-all about whether she's a positive addition or not.

4) I'm not actually trying to convince you. For some reason, you seem to think that I'm pro-DSP, where I'm not. I'm pro-KARA and that's the way it should be. Discouraging Youngji just because DSP made that decision seems a bit irrational. And whether you like it or not, KARA is under DSP and they have been very successful up until this point, so your argument that DSP has done bad things and as such can't trust them is kind of invalid...

5) How exactly am I being immature? I didn't think I was really saying anything immature, and as a graduated student who studied philosophy of psychology and also psychotherapy, I can't identify anything I said as immature. On the other hand, I think it's a mature choice of action to allow a girl who went through training and auditions, along with international voting one frigging chance instead of naysaying because the company might make a mistake. I mean, listen to yourself. What if you were Heo Youngji? Is what you are saying in this thread what you want to be said to you as Heo Youngji?

Opinions are neither right nor wrong.

Well, actually, if we're talking semantics, then there are some opinions that can be right or wrong by virtue of also being 'fact' simultaneously. For example, my opinion that 'the Sun orbits the Earth' can be verified as true or false (in this case, false).

Some opinions (not all) can be categorized as facts, whilst facts cannot be categorized as opinion (because it's true regardless of what your opinion actually is). But that's offtopic. Concerning whether a new member of KARA is good for KARA is indeed, simple opinion, since different perspectives can be taken on the developments.

But you are 100% correct that there are ways to express respect and disrespect, not just as a fan, but as a human being.

@sarah09 Think about how much respect is being afforded to Youngji. The girl has done nothing to make you dislike her and already the lynch mob is out? Man, that ain't just disrespect, that's outright inhumane.

One last thing. I can respect that people have different opinions, but I don't have to respect the actual opinions (because seriously, there are some dumb things that are said out there). If someone told me that in their opinion, it was alright to kick a dog for no reason other than fun, you can't be serious that I respect that opinion. It is on this ground that discussion can disagree.

There are so many other things I wish to point out, but I simply don't have the patience to write it out and I get the feeling it's going to fall on deaf ears anyway.

But to tl;dr:

You don't have to accept their decision, but you don't need to lynch Youngji for it either.

• Like 4

One last thing. I can respect that people have different opinions, but I don't have to respect the actual opinions (because seriously, there are some dumb things that are said out there). If someone told me that in their opinion, it was alright to kick a dog for no reason other than fun, you can't be serious that I respect that opinion. It is on this ground that discussion can disagree.  

There are so many other things I wish to point out, but I simply don't have the patience to write it out and I get the feeling it's going to fall on deaf ears anyway.    

This is why I said that let's just wait for the results of their new single before we criticize or praise Young Ji and the circumstances regarding her membership.

People are just too quick to hate on her, but thinking about it, most performers do better when they know that there are people who just plainly despise them. It makes them work their butts off, and eventually prove the naysayers wrong.

And besides, and I'm sure of this: If anyone tries to hate on, ridicule or mock Young Ji once they start performing together, the first people they will run into will be Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara. Hara especially, since she knows all too well how it must be like to be the 'new member who ruined the group'.  

10500301_10152556887009845_1588870112804

• Like 4

cmon guys, give Youngji unnie a chance to prove herself, dont judge her,u havent seen anything out of her yet,,stop being so cold to her,she just doing the job to fill the void in KARA,,if u have problems with DSP,talk to the DSP themselves,dont put out your anger reckelessly on Youngji just because DSP chose her as the new recruit for KARA, and pls keep in mind that she was voted as the winner,not chosen by DSP themselves,, we voted for Youngji,now at least give her a liitle trust and support to fill the great void in KARA,,we haven't seen what she could do yet you guys already started to judge her and discouraging her,,cmon guys,,we are KAMILIAS, we have to support KARA all the way, maybe DSP have done a few bad things for KARA, but look at KARA till this point, KARA is now considered as one of Korea's and Japan's top league artist, not only that, i think KARA is also very famous in ASIA,,that is quite an achievement you know,,all of that is also thanks to DSP,,cuz DSP also played a huge role in KARA's success,,not to mention the efforts of KARA themselves and we KAMILIAS,, what i tried to say is give Youngji a chance to prove that she is able to fill the great void in KARA, and please dont have such a negativity on DSP,,im not pro-DSP,,but to be honest,whatever mistake they ever did to KARA,,it happened too in other agencies,,not only DSP made mistakes,,so please show a litlle respect to them because without DSP, i dont think KARA could have such a great success like they are now,, again i stated that im pro-KARA not pro-DSP, and i hope all KAMILIAS will continue to support the brand new KARA4 because KARA would need all the support they can get on such a hard time like this,, KARA fighting!! :)

This is why I said that let's just wait for the results of their new single before we criticize or praise Young Ji and the circumstances regarding her membership.

People are just too quick to hate on her, but thinking about it, most performers do better when they know that there are people who just plainly despise them. It makes them work their butts off, and eventually prove the naysayers wrong.

And besides, and I'm sure of this: If anyone tries to hate on, ridicule or mock Young Ji once they start performing together, the first people they will run into will be Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara. Hara especially, since she knows all too well how it must be like to be the 'new member who ruined the group'.  

10500301_10152556887009845_1588870112804

Word. You put it very very well. Kudos.

It happends all the time.

There is some problem with the artist/artists, and people start to blame the company.

It goes away with time

P.S.: There's no insiders here. We don't know anything

I don't think people should complain against YoungJi, if probably they started to like KARA5 besides the original formation KARA4... But they will learn to live with YoungJi like they did with Hara and Jing :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...