[2014.07.02] Agency Shares How Kara Members Feel About New Member Young Ji

flamestalker

Agency Shares How Kara Members Feel About New Member Young Ji

As the winner of a fierce competition, Young Ji joined Kara as the new member. So, how do the other Kara members feel about the newest face of the group? A rep from DSP Media met with enews on July 2 and said, “The Kara members are very interested in Young Ji. They even made their way to the rehearsal for the final round of MBC Music’s Kara Project to see the Baby Kara members’ preparation process.

As the show to select the new member of Kara, Kara Project aired its final episode on July 1, by announcing Young Ji as the winner. Having good looks and talents, Young Ji will be joining Kara as it prepares to release a new album in August. 

69930002.jpg

The agency rep said, “As the team’s leader, Park Gyu Ri feels the responsibility to carry on the team as it embarks on a new challenge. So she had a lot of interest in this audition and watched it in detail more than anyone else.”

The rep also said, “The three Kara members calmly accepted the result of the final round. They know so well that now is a very important time for them. They are working hard to embrace Young Ji and to release a new album.”  

source: mwave 

tip: xbrokenarrow @karaholic

• Like 16

keep a lookout in the bts tonight, the 3 may be appearing on your screen.

thanks @kevin for the help and exception.

Edited by red4summer
  • Like 4

I'm still waiting for Youngji to appear with KARA. I want to see their interactions, only after that I can accept her as a KARA member. 
I hope she works hard and gets along with KARA.

• Like 2

The agency rep said, “As the team’s leader, Park Gyu Ri feels the responsibility to carry on the team as it embarks on a new challenge. So she had a lot of interest in this audition and watched it in detail more than anyone else.”

I truly admire Gyuri's leadership and maturity. She's simply..amazing  :blushing:

Hope they're all going to be fine. Can't wait for their comeback.

• Like 5

Finally, something about original Kara members and the new member.

Kara members have been so quiet during Kara Project so I'm glad finally they said something about this.

I can't wait to see the interactions between Young Ji, Hara, Gyuri and Seungyeon also how they perform together, this should be something we all would look forward to, maybe more than the comeback itself.

Maybe Young Ji might feel a lot of pressure from the media and everyone who is looking forward to Kara's comeback this year, all eyes might be on her. I really she can pull it off without much worries.

Gyuri's move is very matured and truly shows how responsible she is as a leader. 

• Like 3

Well, if the members are ok with it, I'm ok too.

Gyuri is a excelent leader  :gemhoho:  I trully admire her

I hope they can go on reality shows together for the fans to see how they interact (specially Weekly Idol would be perfect).

Also, I don't see KARA as a group that would alienate a member. It might take a while to embrace her as a fellow member, though.

In my opinion, KARA3 should have participated more on KARA Project, to get to know the participants better.

• Like 1

Well, if the members are ok with it, I'm ok too.

Gyuri is a excelent leader  :gemhoho:  I trully admire her

I hope they can go on reality shows together for the fans to see how they interact (specially Weekly Idol would be perfect).

Also, I don't see KARA as a group that would alienate a member. It might take a while to embrace her as a fellow member, though.

In my opinion, KARA3 should have participated more on KARA Project, to get to know the participants better.

Agree! Like, they're probably one of the kpop groups that would never do that.

The part of the press release about Gyuri participating more than anyone else is good:  "The agency rep said, “As the team’s leader, Park Gyu Ri feels the responsibility to carry on the team as it embarks on a new challenge. So she had a lot of interest in this audition and watched it in detail more than anyone else.”  But conversely, does this mean Hammie and Hara were more detached from the process?  Why?   The part of the press release about their accepting the selection sounds very lukewarm and unenthusiastic to me.:  "The rep also said, 'The three Kara members calmly accepted the result of the final round.'"    Maybe there are cultural or translation factors at play, but in America, a press agent would be using language (irrespective of the real facts) much more supportive of what DSP and Kara want to do--which is to continue Kara's success and popularity.

Edited by david22
  • Like 1

This is not new to Gyuri anymore. After Sunghee left, Hara and Ji Young brought in. And Gyuri open-heartedly accepted them. I wish she would do the same to Young Ji.

• Like 1

I'm sure Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara are matured enough to accept and embrace Youngji in the family the best way possible. They will take care of our new maknae with open heart and show everyone why KARA is so great and deserved to be loved.

• Like 2

The part of the press release about their accepting the selection sounds very lukewarm and unenthusiastic to me.:  "The rep also said, 'The three Kara members calmly accepted the result of the final round.'"    Maybe there are cultural or translation factors at play, but in America, a press agent would be using language (irrespective of the real facts) much more supportive of what DSP and Kara want to do--which is to continue Kara's success and popularity.

That's what I thought about these statemets too, but I thought maybe it really is the way they express these things in Korean culture. But sentences like "The Kara members are very interested in Young Ji" really mean nothing, at least in most Western languages. One can be very interested in, let's say, human rights violations or cutting down of rain forests, but nothing in that conveys that anyone is happy or satisfied with the issue or the outcome. 

So we have these ambiguous press statements, none of which say that Kara actually likes Youngji or that they are happy to have her as a member, and their total absence from the Kara Project really raises some questions about their level of motivation to actually work with Youngji (or other new members).

• Like 2