[2014.07.10] KARA Comeback: Insiders Say “New Video Has Already Been Shot”

Jappy

Duble Sidekick worked with A Pink on Mr. Chu? I know he worked with SISTAR on Loving U and Holiday so, they might be working in a sexy/sweet concept.

I really like Loving U...but it wasn't a big hit.

As KARA and SISTAR are coming back and as a Kamilia and a STAR1, I'm glad SISTAR's promotions will be almost over by the time KARA have their comeback because, frankly, SISTAR is having a lot of exposure and I don't know what will be the reaction of the fans for the new KARA4. (just sayin')

I'm not too worried, because the interest in Young Ji and seeing the new dynamics of going back to 4 would be enough to sustain their momentum once the single is released. However, they really need to bring out something new right now, either with the song or the dance routine, because they've done virtually every concept there is in KPop, and if they just stick to being cute or sexy, they will go stale easily.  

'Mister', 'Step', 'Lupin' and 'Pandora' all had long shelf lives, mostly because their sound is distinctly theirs. This time, though, they need that new song to be as different from the old repertoire as 'Rock U' is from 'Break It', otherwise that song will be measured by how it stacks up against those from the 5-member era. So thinking about it, bringing in a new composer was a smart move.

Edited by nightvisiongoggles
  • Like 4

Sweetune did a lot of good songs for KARA, like mister. I think it is much better if KARA will collaborate another composer for their comeback.

I remember that one of the composers of Sweetunes (whose name's Han Jaeho) will not compose another song for KARA if they're incomplete.

On the other hand, i did a little research about  Duble Sidekick. I was surprised they composed Sistar's Loving U, Give It To Me, T-ara N4's Countryside Life,Apink's Short Hair and so on. The songs I mentioned are all big hits. So why not give  Duble Sidekick a chance?

Duble Sidekick ? I like Sweetune a lot but I'm pretty happy to see that DSP change for once because it will give a new sound to KARA for this comeback. If the MV has been already done so it is a great news because it means that the long waiting day is coming ! I would prefer a full album but considering the short time they have a mini is the best option. I hope this comeback wil be a success ! 

One source was quoted as saying, “KARA will be making a comeback with a new collaboration with [music producer and song writer] Duble Sidekick. They filmed the music video on July 9 at a location somewhere in Gyeonggi Province.”

Other quotes from insiders shed light on the way the group is operating now that a new member has joined. These included, “Since Youngji has joined, she has given KARA something of an energy boost,” and, “All of the members have resolved to make this album a success.”

Well that seems like a nice statement, although a healthy dose of sceptisism is needed here... Just looking at the calendar reveals that time between Youngji's KP win and the finished music video shooting is really too short for her to have had any real influence on anything. Most likely the song had been mostly recorded and all that was missing were Youngji's few vocal parts. And they must have had the music video concept and (possible) dance moves already planned with Kara, and then just before shooting it, the director/producer/choreographer/etc. briefly run it all through with Youngji with the mindset "try not to spoil this honey, OK?".

• Like 1

Well that seems like a nice statement, although a healthy dose of sceptisism is needed here... Just looking at the calendar reveals that time between Youngji's KP win and the finished music video shooting is really too short for her to have had any real influence on anything. Most likely the song had been mostly recorded and all that was missing were Youngji's few vocal parts. And they must have had the music video concept and (possible) dance moves already planned with Kara, and then just before shooting it, the director/producer/choreographer/etc. briefly run it all through with Youngji with the mindset "try not to spoil this honey, OK?".

The song and dance parts will be a cinch for her, it's the image which is more important.

Frankly, I'm more interested in how they would repackage/rework her image for the concept... If I had any complaints about Young Ji, it's that she needs to have a more seriious/sexy look onstage, because she's so effing hot when she does. Hara is the closest to nailing the sexy look, but she is still cute. Young Ji looks like she can pull it off, they just have to restyle her and train her to project.

KARAda they may still change music / MV / other stuff to include Youngji's part, it's not written in stone and they have month to go :)

It is possible in theory, but the news item says "video has been shot" and date it to have happened on the 9th day. Between the Kara Project's end and the claimed wrap-up date for the video, there's eight days! (Assuming they used the weekend for preparations, which they probably did, otherwise it's even less than that...) So Youngji must really have some special leader talents, if she has had a notable influence on the music/concept and producers/directors and Kara during those eight days. Assuming that they will do as you suggest, and shoot Youngji's part later and just edit it in, then it actually means she would have even less influence on things, because then they would need to make her fit in on the already existing footage...

And they can't really leave things to last minute either. I'm not sure what they will be releasing, but I would assume that some album/single release will include their latest music video as a bonus. Which means, that in one month's time, it needs to be shot, edited, audiosynched and other postproductions stuff, then converted to a format that fits on a CD, and then that whole thing needs to be made into a master disc, and then replicated to normal CDs and stocked and shipped to stores.

So thinking about that all, there's practically speaking no chance that Youngji has had any dramatic influence on that. Unless they prepared all four KP finalists for the possibility that in a few days time they will be shooting a video. Which is highly unlikely, even if remotely possible.

• Like 1

So thinking about that all, there's practically speaking no chance that Youngji has had any dramatic influence on that. Unless they prepared all four KP finalists for the possibility that in a few days time they will be shooting a video. Which is highly unlikely, even if remotely possible.

That's what seems to be the most feasible thing to do.

The four contestants would have been taught the song and choreography, with a non-disclosure agreement until the song's release, and they would have been oriented that if they win, they'll immediately go on recording and shoot the video.

But yeah, I doubt it if Young Ji had any say in the process.

But... what influence? You think Gyuri or Hara just comes in and says what music they want? Come on, its probably just up to Sweet Melodies (the past), even DSP probably dont have much to say here. Calm down...

Guys, consider that usually a mv isn't shot in just one day, i think they still have to shot the other part (don't forget it comes with close up, at least two outfits, etc). And it's more likely they obviously had the song ready since from the start DSP said "this is going to be new, a hit, blablabla". It's possible that they recorded the song beforehead, i mean Gyuri, Hara and Seungyeon, just as they did during baby kara if you recall, but it's obvious the mv must have been shot together and they must have praticed for 8 days. Praticing for a choreography in 8 days is possible considering the trainwreck they have and considering probably the team work. And probably Youngji's motivation was the real energy of the group. They seriously must have gotten along so well, otherwise they'd still be there praticing. But still I think some other parts still need to be shot, and indeed we can say because no teaser pics are out yet, and usually teaser pics comes at least a month/3 weeks before comeback, not the whole photoshoot, but just at least the teaser pic (you know what I mean ahah).

• Like 2

heard some of u said that duble sidekick would have a sexy/sweet concept made some of u worried, well i dont think we should worried too much on those things, i mean KARA fits perfectly both in sexy and sweet concepts, what made me worried is that some duble's songs didnt really become a big hit,,the songs are great,,but its just dont become a big hit in korea, so maybe thats the only thing that made me worried, but let us just hoped the best for KARA comeback,,and keep supporting KARA,,, KARA FIGHTING!! ;) sorry for bad english,still workin on my english :)

It's possible that they recorded the song beforehead, i mean Gyuri, Hara and Seungyeon, just as they did during baby kara if you recall, but it's obvious the mv must have been shot together and they must have praticed for 8 days. Praticing for a choreography in 8 days is possible considering the trainwreck they have and considering probably the team work. And probably Youngji's motivation was the real energy of the group. They seriously must have gotten along so well, otherwise they'd still be there praticing. But still I think some other parts still need to be shot, and indeed we can say because no teaser pics are out yet, and usually teaser pics comes at least a month/3 weeks before comeback, not the whole photoshoot, but just at least the teaser pic (you know what I mean ahah).

I honestly don't understand why they would need to wrap up the video shooting within eight days of Youngji being added when the comeback isn't for a month; to me that says that Youngji's teamwork with KARA was just really great and made everything go so smoothly that they didn't need more time. I guess maybe they want to take this month as time to groom her for performances/appearances with the group? But even then, I would think I well-done MV would take precedence. Like xbrokenarrow said, Baby KARA has gotten experience learning choreography well enough to perform it within a week, so I wouldn't worry too much.

• Like 1

I think Duble Sidekick may suit KARA in Korean style, But for Japanese, Sweetune may more suitable.  

Honestly, I'm prefer the Korean style (Step Album and Full Bloom),

However, for the Japanese Album, I hear a lot too, but *sorry*, I feel somewhat embarrased or guilty to play it when there's my friends or parents. Except for the "Ima, Okuritai Arigatou"-style songs...

Anyone feeling this?

Sorry if someone hurt when I write this :(

No, you're not the only one feeling this. After KARA getting famous, Sweetune are totally going towards Japanese style songs (for KARA). Actually, Sweetune do composing many great songs for INFINITE, 9MUSES and SPICA ~

http://seoulbeats.com/2012/11/exploring-freelance-hit-makers-sweetune/

hmm, i dont know if it just me but, recently so many girlbands have their comeback with "sexy" concept since its summer,, so im a bit worried but also happy,,so im happily worried right now,,okay actually im confused what i feel right now,, i mean what concept is the posibility would KARA use for their new comeback..i dont really worried if it sexy concept,,but im afraid that their comeback would be only "sexy" without a good song... i dont even know why i say this but im just bit worried with KARA new comeback,, though i will always support them,,still these thoughts just keep coming to my mind and me worried,,,if theres any news or leaks about kara's concept for the new comeback,,i would appreciate it if any of u can share with us,, thanks :) KARA FIGHTING!!!

hmm, i dont know if it just me but, recently so many girlbands have their comeback with "sexy" concept since its summer,, so im a bit worried but also happy,,but im afraid that their comeback would be only "sexy" without a good song...

Well if it's any comfort, the all-time low in "sexy summer concept songs" (without any great music) has probably been achieved by Sabrina with "Boys". :lol2: More seriously, something like GoGo Summer would work nicely, it's a nice summer song. Can they repeat that and still sound fresh?

UPDATE:

KARA reportedly complete filming for their first music video with new member Youngji

KARA reportedly completed filming for their first music video already with newly added member Youngji!

According to music insiders in an exclusive by Star News on the 16th, KARA teamed up with director ZANYBROS' Hong Won Ki for their music video filmed at a studio in Namyangju, Gyeonggido on the 13th. Director Hong told Star News, "Almost to the point that you couldn't feel the empty spots left by two members, their energy was overwhelming... New member Youngji also followed along well. It was sweet to see the unnis take care of Youngji a lot and give her advice."

KARA will make their comeback with a new mini-album with help from Duble Sidekick for their title track this August!

Source: Allkpop

• Like 2

Director Hong told Star News, "Almost to the point that you couldn't feel the empty spots left by two members, their energy was overwhelming... New member Youngji also followed along well. It was sweet to see the unnis take care of Youngji a lot and give her advice."

This makes me so happy! :gemcry:  Unnies taking care of the new maknae. I'm so glad they're getting along and can't wait to see their interactions. :thankful:

Edited by gogosummer
  • Like 1

I remember that one of the composers of Sweetunes (whose name's Han Jaeho) will not compose another song for KARA if they're incomplete.

Did he really say this? O.o