[2014.07.19] Jiyoung's acting supposedly to overlap with KARA's upcoming promotions in Japan

edr49890

Jiyoung's acting supposedly to overlap with KARA's upcoming promotions in Japan

KARA-Jiyoung_1405714152_af_org.jpg

Previously, speculations arose that former KARA member, Jiyoung, might be starting a solo acting career in Japan.  While her father previously commented, saying that nothing was certain, but she may want to go down that road after completing her education, reports are now resurfacing in relation to this possibility.

On July 18, Sports DongA revealed that Jiyoung will be taking her first steps as an actress in Japan starting this autumn according to an entertainment rep source.  This report also claimed that she signed a contract with a famous agency in Japan called Sweet Power and has already set her plans for next year, as well.

Coincidentally, her former group, KARA, hinted that they will be heading over to Japan in this autumn, as well, after releasing new music in October, so it seems likely that both Jiyoung and KARA's promotions will overlap.  Maybe fans will get to see them together soon as it was revealed Jiyoung and KARA remained on close terms after her leave from the group. 

Meanwhile, KARA will be releasing new music in Korea sometime in the middle of August with their new member, Youngji, and have already finished recording their title track and recording the MV.  Now, they are engaged in dance practice for stage performances.  

source:

English translated: allkpop

Korean language: Naver

• Like 7

To be honest, I was kinda angry at Jing when she left KARA and went to England, because I wanted her to make herself a career in Japan. But now I'm hopping she signed with Sweet Power! Or any agency, but SP will get her dramas with Johnny's talents, hehehe. Ahh I'm so happy for Jiyoung. 

I doubt their promotions overlap because actress only promote their dramas in special episodes of TV shows, but who knows, they can meet in Japan after their schedules. Also, japanese TV shows don't make ex-members meet actual members of groups on screen, or at least I've never seen it. 

• Like 2

this news is booming everywhere,,,

sorry one question,,what did they mean by "Jiyoung and KARA promotion will overlap"?

they both comeback at the same season.

argh, why you leave kara, Jing? You said that you want to study, now you go back to japan as an artist? Why why why you leaving kara? You've hurted me :(

But, It's okay if you want to be an artist, not a singer... I still support you :) . Sorry if I rarely watch drama's. I'm not really into it.

Nicole departure from kara is because dsp treatments to her, I acknowledge that, nicole should go out from dsp, move to new agency, but still a kara member. But sadly dsp refuse that...

Goodluck for your comeback, Ji Young.

• Like 3

Someone is hating her, she already said, she left to England to study her English, but she didn't mention that she'll study for years or study for degree ~ 

Anyway, KARA comeback + Jiyoung's comeback, I'm delighted ! I wishing KARA and Kang Jiyoung, all the best !

• Like 3

i'm going to be pretty straight forward 

at the first place her reason for leaving KARA to do some study activity is kinda lame 

kim sung hee, song joong ki leave RM for the same reason

i mean really? studying over career? or studying over money?

do you know that yoo jae suk leaving his college for career

no offence

at the first place her reason for leaving KARA to do some study activity is kinda lame 

no offence

It happends. Depends on people.

If I got a oppostunity to be in a group like KARA, I wouldn't give it up, but Jiyoung might wanted to persued a more serious career in acting or, at least, know what she can do in that area. I get it. Sometimes artists just get tired and can't take what they're doing anymore. Sadelly, the same thing happened to my fav artist not long ago T_T she was that much stressed that she almost decided to stop her singing career, before changing for a different thing. I get that.

What I don't get is the time she was in england to study -.- a year? That, I don't understand and get a little mad about. What type of course was she taking that only took one year?

• Like 1

no offence

It happends. Depends on people.

If I got a oppostunity to be in a group like KARA, I wouldn't give it up, but Jiyoung might wanted to persued a more serious career in acting or, at least, know what she can do in that area. I get it. Sometimes artists just get tired and can't take what they're doing anymore. Sadelly, the same thing happened to my fav artist not long ago T_T she was that much stressed that she almost decided to stop her singing career, before changing for a different thing. I get that.

What I don't get is the time she was in england to study -.- a year? That, I don't understand and get a little mad about. What type of course was she taking that only took one year?

Cmon guys,she said that the reason she left KARA is because she wanted to pursue her own dream to be an actress,,and the reason she went to england is to better her english,,she never said she would have college there,,she said she wanted to study english -_-"

and besides,its her life,she wanted to be an actress,and she would do her comeback on a drama in Japan,,i dont like it either but as a fan,all we can do is to agree with her and to keep support her,,

I still wish that they both would consider to rejoin KARA :D

• Like 4

sorry one question,,what did they mean by "Jiyoung and KARA promotion will overlap"?

That was my first thought too. This news wording is trying to create some connection which simply doesn't exist. It's as useful as reporting that Kara and Jiyoung happen to be on the same planet. If Jiyoung has changed from singing to acting, then the only people who even happen to notice any "overlapping" are probably those Kara fans who follow Jiyoung's post-Kara career. It's not that she's releasing a single the same time as Kara, which would really be competing and overlapping.

Many people value education, and one can't easily live the next 40 years being "that kid who used to be in that band". If she doesn't want to have a solo career as a singer (which would be the most obvious step), her choice to study is not only logical but pragmatic. It opens many new doors, which otherwise would be closed. What makes her way seem so weird is that most people leave other jobs to become singers, she goes the other way. But that's what she wants to do, so who are we to judge that?

• Like 2

well this is what i knew about jing's post-KARA career life,,,,

she went to england to better her english,,then she wanted to be an actress,,she will hav a comeback in a drama in japan this october,which actually the same time span with KARA's Japan promotion schedule,, true?

I don't think it was a coincidence, in fact, Jing would study in USA first right? @_@ But anyway, I hope both of them will do well and I really can't wait for Jing and YoungJi debut! 

• Like 2

no offence

ah yes. I agree for that. Seungyeon and Nicole was quit from school too for her singing career...

Or this because DSP treatment's?  

Even my fathers tells me to quit college If I offered a job in a reputable company.

For Sunghee, If I'm Sunghee, I really really really regret to quit kara just for exam scores.    

I don't think it was a coincidence, in fact, Jing would study in USA first right? @_@ But anyway, I hope both of them will do well and I really can't wait for Jing and YoungJi debut!

Jiyoung goes to London.  

Nicole go to US for training there for 3 months. Now she's already back to Korea.    

But, it's bad to judge Jiyoung this time. Maybe Jiyoung take this way to make her life better. We don't know exactly what happen to her, and why she's prefer to quit KARA. I think that's not a small problem, because leaving a successful girl group is more than leaving a diamonds.  

Gonna watch Jing's secret love episode tonight...

• Like 2

just saying, why will sung regret about quiting kara? just because kara is a goddess idol group with vast achievement now?

sung is happily married and do you think she wants to swap place with any kara member if given a choice?

jing chose study/acting, cole chose to go solo, sung chose to quit, gyulhamhara chose to continue (with dsp) and youngji chose to realize her dream, who's right?

it is up to the individuals what they want in the different stages of their life.

overlapping? this is a strategy to draw attention or a make up.

Edited by red4summer

Nicole left KARA for U.S. training while Jiyoung went to London.

I was really surprised that Jiyoung signed a contract under sweet power. I don't know what article should I believe. Others are simply unreal, just for spoiling the readers. And I really don't know what to say. SPEECHLESS.

We don't have the right to judge Jiyoung for what she did. Remember, every artist are being prejudged from the critical eyes of the public. We don't know what they're feeling,we don't know if they're having a gloomy or happy days. Others are hiding their true feelings if they have to.

• Like 1

Actors and Actresses earn a lot more than idols, no matter how successful. And, to some extent, the workload is lesser too.

I respect her decision for quitting KARA, I'm happy for her if it's what she wanted.

I hope she find success in Japan because there're a lot of competitions out there. She has to perfect her Japanese even more. it's going to be hard.

I think she was contacted by the company long before she made the decision to leave KARA, because, logically and realistically, she had to have some kind of assurance on her artistic future, whether it's music or acting.

Let's hope we can see some interaction between JiNi and KARA girls soon!! I miss them together...

• Like 1

Actors and Actresses earn a lot more than idols, no matter how successful. And, to some extent, the workload is lesser too.

I respect her decision for quitting KARA, I'm happy for her if it's what she wanted.

I hope she find success in Japan because there're a lot of competitions out there. She has to perfect her Japanese even more. it's going to be hard.

I think she was contacted by the company long before she made the decision to leave KARA, because, logically and realistically, she had to have some kind of assurance on her artistic future, whether it's music or acting.

Let's hope we can see some interaction between JiNi and KARA girls soon!! I miss them together...

I thought so. I wonder why actresses and actors earn way,way BIGGER than idols considering the workloads are easier than the latter. I mean, idols trained for almost 1-2 years, practiced in an uncompromising hours for their debut, stage performances etc.,etc.

Well, best of luck, Jiyoung~!

• Like 1