[2014.07.25] Familiarity instead of Change... KARA's winning move?

sarah k

201472593639lqo9hks_T5_90130.jpg

Girl group KARA's strategy is use familiarity and their comeback. The plan is to bring familiar music like "Day & Night" from their  new album "Day & Night" as their winning move. It shows determination that they will maintain the previous KARA color. 

KARA's entertainment company 'DSP Media" had a telephone conversation with 'Dispatch' on the 25th and revealed "There has been a lot of changes since the members changed. Thankfully the original KARA members and the new member, Youngji balanced each other a lot better than expected so the comeback date is sooner than planned." 

Not much attempt was made in changing their music. They're returning to KARA's previous music. The company reported, "When requesting songs, there was a desire to keep KARA's previous look and feel. If we tried to change the music genre because a new member was added, it'll be overdoing it and would give a foreign feel to the fans." 

However, we did upgrade the performance. It's determined that they will show a high level of dance skill. An insider explained, "Among all the KARA songs, the choreography difficulty in this album is the most difficult. The dance movements will be organic. Also, they've prepared dances with key moves like "the butt dance," "mic dance."

The goal is to show a more mature look. The visual concept is a luxurious sexy look. The company said "Currently, there are 10 different looks for the comeback. Instead of using revealing clothing, we've emphasized on the hint of sexiness. You'll be able to see a new level of maturity." 

Now, KARA is in the last stage of getting ready for their comeback. The first show is planned to be revealed on the 18th. DSP said that "KARA is doing their final practices with the comeback approaching. Youngji the youngest is especially practicing 24 hours.She's doing her best so she doesn't hinder the team." 

Source: http://www.dispatch.co.kr/r.dp?idx=105919

Translation by : sarah k @ karaholic

Credit : ELJunRa @ karaholic 

• Like 20

Not much attempt was made in changing their music. They're returning to KARA's previous music. 

However, we did upgrade the performance. It's determined that they will show a high level of dance skill. An insider explained, "Among all the KARA songs, the choreography difficulty in this album is the most difficult. The dance movements will be organic. Also, they've prepared dances with key moves like "the butt dance," "mic dance."

Yes! I love sweet melody and I'm thankful they're keeping it!  :gemnoway: 

And omg I'm rly excited with the choreo upgrade, can't wait for this comeback,

KARA hwaiting~ Our money is so ready, keke  :gemcheer:

Thanks for translating :gemheart: 

• Like 3

lets go KAR4!!! time to show the world why you are one of the best idol groups out there,,

now with more mature concepts and even more difficult dance moves,,it shouldnt be surprising if you girls came back to the place you always belong to,,the top

our money is ready,our spirit is burning hotter every second passes,and our expectations has never been this high,,

KAR4 FIGHTING ALL THE WAY!!! along with the KAMILIAS ,,lets head back to the top and put those crowns on our heads again,,and let us sit together with 4 of you on the Queen's Chair,and us standing in beside the 4 of you,let us once again,together conquer the kpop world throughout asia,america,europe,even the whole world,,should know just how great KARA really is!!!

fear not of the antis and haters out there since their existence will only increase KARA popularity even more,,let them roar as hard as they wanted,,we will silence them with our might!!

hmm,,it seems im getting overexicted,,

gaah who cares :P:D

KAR4 FIGHTING!!!!

• Like 3

yes yes... ^_^ don't change too much hahaha though change is good ^_^ give us chance to adapt the changes slowly

is it mean the producer still Sweet Melody? or Duble Sidekick but with different songs like other groups they produced? >.<

well well overall i can't wait to PRE-ORDER IT !!! DAY N NIGHT I WILL WAITING !! XD

I hope when they say Young Ji is practicing 24 hours it is symbolic, otherwise she'll be extremely tired.

She may get injured too..and it's not cool when it's in the midst of their comeback. Stay positive Youngji ^^

Edited by mitsuki0208
  • Like 1

Youngji the youngest is especially practicing 24 hours.She's doing her best so she doesn't hinder the team."

She may get injured too..and it's not cool when it's in the midst of their comeback. Stay positive Youngji ^^

That looks bad.. She is really young and haven't debuted yet, they shouln'd have push her that much.. I would write to them to take it a little easier on her!

(and also I think no one should be threated that hard on her place)

<p> That looks bad.. She is really young and haven't debuted yet, they shouln'd have push her that much.. I would write to them to take it a little easier on her! (and also I think no one should be threated that hard on her place)

on one side,,"pushing" youngji to her limits to get the best out of her is actually a great idea,,,the problem is the timespan between her training with KAR4 for their new comeback that is honestly quite short,,even for a veteran like KARA....

so its such a complicated situation for youngji,,one side she have to give everything she got for her debut,,but in the other side,pushing herself too far could be bad for herself,,so its really complicated :)

all we can do is wish the best for all of em for their comeback :)

• Like 1

I am glad we will see KARA 4 sooner rather than later, but I also am worried about how much they are demanding of Young Ji so quickly--and even with the addition of the Japanese language on top of everything else. If she pulls this off, she will be great indeed. She must be exhausted with the learning, physical demands, and emotion. Maybe being young helps her energy and resiliency.

• Like 2

Yay thanks for translating!

Mic dance is from Step and Butt dance is from Mister, so i think those were just examples.

Oh lol I need to see this new dance lol I hope I will be able to follow the dance as well :P

Instead of using revealing clothing, we've emphasized on the hint of sexiness

Thank you, dsp  :thankful:

It's determined that they will show a high level of dance skill. An insider explained, "Among all the KARA songs, the choreography difficulty in this album is the most difficult. The dance movements will be organic. 

I'm so excited  :excited:

• Like 1