[2014.08.10] KARA's Gyuri writes a heart-wrenching letter to her fans about coming back with a new member

Jappy

Gz05SR.jpg

KARA's leader Gyuri wrote a letter to her fans about coming back with a new member.

On the 8th, Gyuri took to her fansite to reach out to her fans. She wrote, "I didn't know how to start this, so I wrote and erased multiple times. I decided to talk about a few personal things. To be honest, I thought a lot, about what I should do with my emotions, how should I talk about it, when should I talk about it, how much of it should I say, or even if I should say anything at all, or if I should just hold my emotions until the showcase."

She continued, "But I'm writing this because waiting until then is too hard on me. I don't know how many times I wanted to write or reply and decided not to.. I thought it was the best not to say much, but from time to time, if no one says anything, it just brings more pain. Everything that I told you at the fanmeeting was something I was able to say because there was a premise that the new member would not be an official member, but a guest member. As we said in the fanmeeting, because of conditions of the broadcast and such, we couldn't say things directly, but we were certain in our hearts. We said to trust us and that we would not disappoint you. We were sincerely confident not to disappoint, so we said that."

She added, "But a few days later, the situation changed again.. And even though I spoke with confidence, I disappointed you unintentionally. If that was the case from the beginning, I wouldn't have said that, but it looked like I was just avoiding the situation.. The best that I mentioned is now changed to some other tone and is being spread, but I think that is my fault because I didn't talk earlier about things that made your imagination spread. That's why this happened.

She continued, "In any case, at the end at the point where we are bringing in a new member, I was also someone's fan, I loved them until death, I cried a lot, I hated a lot, and I loved a lot, so I know how you would feel when a new member comes in and when you see that stage. There will be those who accept it well, some who really hate it, and some who will just feel weird, and I'll just have to accept all those emotions."

She concluded, "I don't think I can impose on anyone. It's how people feel. But the members should at least protect each other. I'm going to work really hard on stage for this album. I think that's the only answer right now and that's the only thing I can think of. I hope everyone can stop hurting... Everyone, be healthy."

Source: Allkpop

• Like 18

regarding gyuri's message on gyuleestar.

allkpop already translated it, not sure about other sites. but just some point that i want to point out. just in case people misunderstood it.

The points of gyul's message:
1. at first, the new member was planned to be a "guest member", not an official one.
2. with that in mind, she said "some things" (i'm not sure what) during fanmeeting. just asking fans to trust them
3. however after the fan meeting, the situation was changed suddenly because of some reasons, so the new member will be an official member.
4. she blamed herself because with the sudden change, her words during fanmeeting becoming something that completely different than what she intended to.
5. she compared herself with the time when she was a fan of an idol group. she loved, hated, cried, because of an idol group.
so she said she understand that with the change right now (new member) there will be some Kamilia that accept it, some that will hate it, and some that will feels weird.
6. she said she completely understand that and she won't force the fans to think the other way because after all it's someone's heart.
7. even then, the members will protect each other.

i won't do my own translations since this is pretty sensitive and easy to be misunderstood. also akpop did quite well in translating it already, though the punctuation need to be fixed imo.

crs Yuda (@yooniqda_ )

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s3blf6

• Like 11

Many people said bad things about Kara, it made me angry. But, now.. i feel like.. i don't care about their comment. As long as we love kara, that's enough for Kara. That's our choice to stay of leave them. But, i choose to stay as a kamilia. I love them <3 I love their music. Eventhough, i feel sad about Jiyoung and Nicole but i  have to move on. i choose to stay, it means i choose to support Gyuri, Seungyeon, Hara, and Youngji as Kara's members. And i will support Seunghee, Nicole, and Jiyoung as well! :D KARA Hwaitiing~ tbh, i can't wait to nicole's solo debut amd jiyoung's acting Yaay :D

• Like 4

guest member? mind to tell me what's the meaning of 'guest member'? So, youngji isnt a official member?

The way I read it is that she was supposed to be a "guest" member, but plans changed, and now she is an official member. It really doesn't make much sense, because if there ever was talk about "guests", that was never extended to fans, who thought all the time that the voting and all was about real members. So Gyuri's letter raises more questions than it provides answers...

As for guest members, it can work, but also create strange situations. For instance, Bon Jovi has had the very same "guest" bass player since 1994... :facepalm:

• Like 1

Gyuri, we never met in person but the way you said it to us, it felt that I am inside a press conference and in the front row -- listening to this message while you are looking at us (and maybe while you are saying talking, you are teary-eyed) .

Whatever happens, I am always here (in the internet) to comfort you. <3

No matter what happen I'll always be behind KARA.
No matter when they need us, I'll always be there with them!
The name KARA is such a precious name for me and I'll keep protecting the members under KARA!

• Like 1

So the plan was to have the new person not as a full pledged member but a "guest" member (whatever that means) the problem is that she commented that to the people present at the fan meeting and they started talking about it, and then, it was changed.

It was good they discarded that idea, it doesn't make sense, it sounds just like a temporary thing, after all that person went through (Youngji). and they never said anything outside of that meeting anyway. It is a little weird. But it's good to know.

• Like 1

Everytime she says sorry to the fans is a sad moment for me.

Because it wasn't her fault that Nicole and Jiyoung left and it isn't her fault that YoungJi was chosen/inserted on the group (don't get me wrong. I love OJ).

I get it that, as the lider, she might feel responsible for all of that, but she isn't. If they are trully fans, they'll love KARA with OJ in it or leave without a single hate word.

That's how it is.

So what Yeoshin tried to tell is(?), When on the fanmeeting she said that the new member would only be a "Guest member" , not official one... however things turned 180 degrees and someway,somehow,for some reason the new member is announced to be an "official member" not a guest member anymore,,and since what Yeoshin said was totally different from what happened afterwards,,she blamed herself for that,, And then,she compared herself to when she was also a fan of an artist,,how that artist made her love,hate,and cried a lot because of them.. and she wanted to say that she wholely understands how we(KAMILIAS) feel right now on this situation..

She understood wholely if there are some of us who could accept the new member well , or if theres some who hated her , or even some who just felt weird with the new member coming into the group

However, whatever happens, each members would protect each other ,,, Am i getting this letter right?

Well Yeoshin, first of all, no need to apologize, we could understand it,,even if theres some who cant,,they eventually will...

Second, i highly respected you for telling us this sooner , i cant describe with word of how i highly appreciated what u did...

Third , Its beautiful to know how you humbly willing to understand how each of us feels about the new member coming into KARA,,i mean its just amazing and its just another prove that you are really a goddess,,not only goddess looks,,but you also have the gooddess' heart,attitude,,which is just simply magnificent

Last one, Dont worry too much, whatever happened,a real KAMILIA shall always support EACH of KARA members,,,the haters antis of her now would eventually decrase by themself as you girls prove yourselves,,so just chill out Yeoshin,,keep healthy,,you and others too,,and im looking forward for KARA comeback :)

KARA FIGHTING!!! :gemcheer:

i don't understand. whenever there is a message from a kara3 member, there will be some keyboard chairmen who will share their "unreserved" thought with their side of belief, whereas some, like in karaholic, who will just look at the positive and move on. don't the some realize that they are the cause of it? this mess, everyone is at fault but there's no point keep bringing it up. i think we care too much. move on, please.

(everyone includes dsp, kara and us.)

@gyul it doesn't help. let it be. let them be.

Edited by red4summer
  • Like 5

^

both hara & jing were lucky but they had proved some wrong.

(or just because kara5 did so much, everyone else isn't worth it and we can discard all.)

btw youngji doesn't need or have anything to prove to her doubters.

Edited by red4summer
  • Like 1

Thanks Gyuri for being a leader for KARA. I do like your leadership, your self confidence, etc... . First time I know Gyuri in urakara, i really want you as my older sister that can gave me advice to be a better me. Sadly this is only my imagination :(

• Like 2

First of all there is NO SUCH THING AS "LUCKY" when a member joined KARA,, please,sorry to say but that is just some low class sh**, ok?

if Youngji is considered "lucky" that she is now an official member ,, then thats just the same thing u said that Hara and Jing were "lucky" to be able to became a KARA,,,

They were all picked to join KARA for a reason,,a reason that we all not really knew what it was,,but we loved it eventually

Now guys,,MAN UP,ACCEPT THE TRUTH!! YOUNGJI IS A PART OF KARA NOW,SHE IS A FAMILY NOW,,I DONT F*CKING CARE JUST HOW MUCH YOU DONT LIKE,,HOW MUCH YOU GUYS DONT WANTED TO ACCEPT,,,I STILL HATE THE PAINFUL TRUTH THAT 2 OF OUR QUEENS LEFT,,I DONT REALLY LOVE OG TOO AT FIRST,,BUT FU*K IT,,ALL WHAT MATTERS NOW IS FOR US,THE FANS WHO CLAIMED AS KAMILIAS,,TO SUPPORT THEM,,EACH OF THEM ON THEIR EACH ACTIVITIES AND CAREER LIFE,,IF YOU CANNOT DO THAT,,SIMPLY PARISH AND DONT EVER CALL YOURSELF A KAMILIA ANYMORE!!

im so done with all this unreasonable doubts,hateful thoughts towards OG,,, She IS A KARA now,,suck your hateful negative thoughts towards her and show some support,,some respect for her,,, if you guys cant do it for her,,then do it for the sake of KARA,,,

when you hate OG,,when you put ur unreasonable hateful thoughts towards her,,YOU'RE NOT ONLY HURT OG,,YOU HURT KARA!!!

I HOPE YOU ALL,ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO CANT ACCEPT THE TRUTH THAT OG IS A KARA NOW,,AND FOR THOSE WHO HATES HER FOR NO DAMN EXACT REASON,,I HOPE YOU ALL CAN CHANGE,,OR AT LEAST KEEP YOUR DUMB AND UNREASONABLE NEGATIVE THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF,DONT POST IT TO PUBLIC,,CUZ WHEN YOU HURT HER,,YOU HURT KARA,,AND WHEN YOU HURT KARA,, YOU AWAKEN MY WRATH THAT I TRIED TO HOLD INSIDE ME, :3

NOW SUCK IT,MAN UP,FACE THE TRUTH,,MOVE ON,,NONE OF THEM DESERVE TO BE HATED,,,,, OG BECAME A NEW MEMBER OF KARA IS NOT A CRIME AT ALL!!

sorry for some "bad" words i said,,but im preety sure its still good enough compared to the unreasonable bad thoughts that some of u said to OG,,

KARA7 FOREVER!!! KARA FIGHTING!!! :gemcheer:

Edited by Kevin_Karanesia97
  • Like 3

I wasn't even aware that Youngji (or whoever won KARA Project) was originally meant to be a guest, but that would have been kind of awkward and would have made it more efficient to leave the group as a trio if that was what was going to happen. Plus it would have made the whole idea of voting for someone to be in KARA kind of pointless only to have them be present for maybe one album or so and that's it.

I don't get why Gyuri feels the need to apologize (she wasn't the one who decided to bring in a new member lol), but at the same time I'm happy to see she's on the same base with the idea of following an artist to the point of feeling emotionally attached. She was (and still is) one of my KARA biases for a reason :3

That said, I still don't think Youngji was the right choice, but all's said and done so there's nothing that can really be done about what happened in the past. I'll still listen to their tunes, watch their performances, etc., but I'm always going to have a personal opinion that I don't like Youngji. It's not wrong to dislike a member in a group, but at the same time there is still a line to not cross in the process. Dislike a member all you want, but don't start giving the other members of said group problems because of it, since 99% of the time it's not their fault or doing that said person is with them.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that not liking Youngji is fine, but outlashing at her and/or KARA as a whole won't solve it nor make her go away. All it'll do is make all parties upset, and result in more stuff like what was in the OP from Gyuri. It's just one of those things one has to deal with, and if you can't, well... I don't know what to say ¯\(°_o)/¯

Also, to the one who wanted the original Korean text: unfortunately I can't access it on the fansite (my account is too low ranked, and can't really level up since the only language people seem to post in is Korean), otherwise I'd post it for you, sorry. Hopefully someone else from here is on the site and can post it here.

Edited by Dubious

All I know is that as a Kamilia my duty is to support KARA. Real fans will know that KARA need them and put aside their feelings toward Youngji because what matters is KARA. Gyuri shows once again what a real leader is and I'm so proud of her.

• Like 1

I'm glad that I'm a supporter of hers because she understand those who can't keep accepting the crap that her company makes fans endure. I'll continue to support her but I am not going to accept DSP craziness.

• Like 2