Official Mamma Mia (맘마미아) Spazz Thread

flamestalker

I liked the "behind the scenes" or "making the film" videos.  It seemed there was more interaction and dancing and opportunity to listen to an extended version of the music.  I think there are a lot of possibilities to expand on this in live performances.  It grows on me each time I watch the video and listen to the catchy tune.

Hara seemed to have a leading role among the dancers--and she is beautiful and experienced; so it is a good choice whenever she has a prominent role.  All were good.

From what little we have seen so far, I see mostly Gyuri being the one to (as group leader) integrate Young Ji into the group.  Gyuri is often seen talking to Young Ji and holding arms around her.  That is great.  I would like to see some similar interaction of Hammie and Hara with Young Ji.  I hope that by now they like her or that they always did.  So far, when they stand in a row of four, it always seems that 0J is at the far left with Gyuri next to her--in effect visually keeping 0J even more separate from interaction with Hammie and Hara who act as a second pair.

My general impression (colored by the fact that we know that it hasn't been long since the Baby Kara Project) is that we have three super performers who are the Kara we always knew (minus the former members), plus 0J working hard and trying to fit in as a talented but less experienced newcomer.  I think a lot is going to develop and change as they actually go through an extended tour of performances in different cities in Japan and Korea.

• Like 1

I liked the "behind the scenes" or "making the film" videos.  It seemed there was more interaction and dancing and opportunity to listen to an extended version of the music.  I think there are a lot of possibilities to expand on this in live performances.  It grows on me each time I watch the video and listen to the catchy tune.  

Hara seemed to have a leading role among the dancers--and she is beautiful and experienced; so it is a good choice whenever she has a prominent role.  All were good.  

From what little we have seen so far, I see mostly Gyuri being the one to (as group leader) integrate Young Ji into the group.  Gyuri is often seen talking to Young Ji and holding arms around her.  That is great.  I would like to see some similar interaction of Hammie and Hara with Young Ji.  I hope that by now they like her or that they always did.  So far, when they stand in a row of four, it always seems that 0J is at the far left with Gyuri next to her--in effect visually keeping 0J even more separate from interaction with Hammie and Hara who act as a second pair.  

My general impression (colored by the fact that we know that it hasn't been long since the Baby Kara Project) is that we have three super performers who are the Kara we always knew (minus the former members), plus 0J working hard and trying to fit in as a talented but less experienced newcomer.  I think a lot is going to develop and change as they actually go through an extended tour of performances in different cities in Japan and Korea.

I wouldn't worry. I've seen Hara interacting with Youngji quite a bit during the BTS, Seungyeon isn't as outgoing but I'm pretty sure she has interacted with OG well. I think OG will do well. This is a time to show people what she's made off. She doesn't have time to "adjust" or get "used to" anything, she has to just do. For now, she's doing really well. I think I'm more interested in how the song performs. I think for OG, more than anyone, the performance of the song will mean a LOT. I know it will mean a lot to GyulHamHara but for OG, this is her debut song, and if it doesn't do well, we know she will have that weight on her shoulders. She's handling the pressure well and I'm proud of what I've seen from KARA thus far. 

I wish KARA much success with Mamma Mia. It's a catchy song that is a good foundation for the point of rebuilding. They schedule they have seems very packed in an effort to win back many fans very quickly and hopefully catch some new ones, also going over to Japan to rebuild over there. I'm proud that they are willing to put much work into it. 

• Like 2

When teasers were out I wasn't spazzing much,  :gemdown: 
Bc we know how much of a troll DSP is & most of the time they jst put the best parts  :gemduh: 
But when that Short Ver came out, omg asdfghjkl; OHH GAAAWD I WAS WRONG~~~~  :gemhappy: 
I couldn't sleep bc it was too goooooooood and I was patiently waiting for the MV  :gemnoway: 
Not that it's out, WE WANT DANCE VER DSP !!!  :gemshout: 

• Like 1

(I posted this in the shoutbox but I'll put this here because it sums up my thoughts pretty well)

Even if we don't reach a million views in one day, let's just be thankful that they have an overwhelmingly positive reception everywhere, especially in Korea... we weren't too sure how they would've fared with all these changes, but it really is such a blessing in disguise how they managed to make a really successful comeback.

---

We know we don't have the numbers like other fandoms, but more than the statistics, I'm more glad that they have been able to prove the detractors wrong and achieve what not many KPop groups can (or could possibly) do: make a complete turnaround, overcome all the trials they have gone through and emerge successful.

K-netizens battered them after the Radio Star issue, Nicole and Jiyoung left, then the Kara Project drama and boycotting from K-Kamilias against Youngji. I don't think any ordinary group would have been able to endure all this. Even the Big 3 companies would suffer from these kinds of issues and will immediately order damage control; the fact that DSP virtually did nothing during these problems is something to think about.

I was worried how their comeback would do... more than view counts and sales, I was more concerned about the public reception because that will ultimately gauge how well they will do in the long run. The amount of positive feedback is nothing short of amazing, I'm sure the girls are touched by the warm response. The album is sincere, the title track is perfect, they have matured, and Youngji might be their lucky charm this time around.

I guess it's safe to say that they are back like they never left.

• Like 9

I'm really glad Kara met my expectations. At first, I was so bothered what will Kara sound like without JiNi. And long after I watched the Mv....Oh wow. I couldn't find all the positive adjectives in english dictionary that would describe the MV. It's just,it's just...UGH! :shining:

Enough said.

• Like 1

Mamma Mia is an absolutely amazing song, the video is great as well. One of the best editing - side bye side with STEP. Even though I don't quite understand why Mamma Mia is part of the song, the whole lyrics are good just the Mamma Mia kinda confuses me (do explain if you guys can, thank you ^^)

However, sadly, for the first in forever, the main song is not my favorite song in the album. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER, before this my favorite song is always the main song but now Story took over. I just love, love that ballad that I forgot they are promoting Mamma Mia not Story.

One thing that bothers is that during the dance parts, they wore either black or white outfit (only for the Korean version), I wish they could have been more colourful because the black&white concept is seriously being overused (Lupin, Damaged Lady, Break it).

iDAxCyMu5etJt.gif

Seriously, this is my favorite scene and dance move. The way the camera rolled and the way Hammie swung her head. Hara's star move. OG & Gyul's synchronization. Backup dancers great support.

I want to see more of this during the live show.

• Like 5

Mamma Mia is an absolutely amazing song, the video is great as well. One of the best editing - side bye side with STEP. Even though I don't quite understand why Mamma Mia is part of the song, the whole lyrics are good just the Mamma Mia kinda confuses me (do explain if you guys can, thank you ^^)  

However, sadly, for the first in forever, the main song is not my favorite song in the album. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER, before this my favorite song is always the main song but now Story took over. I just love, love that ballad that I forgot they are promoting Mamma Mia not Story.  

One thing that bothers is that during the dance parts, they wore either black or white outfit (only for the Korean version), I wish they could have been more colourful because the black&white concept is seriously being overused (Lupin, Damaged Lady, Break it).

I agree. As much as I love the girls killing the tights (You go girls!) I would like it more if they wore more colors like 80's themed colors to fit the song~That should be fun to watch :) But I'm happy to say that MAMMAMIA definitely exceeded my expectations!!

All the positive reviews really overthrows any negative comments for me since I don't want to get my hopes up but KARA is receiving lots of love and YoungJi too~The girls are definitely back to stay! Like what nightvisiongoggles said KARA is truly an amazing group, they truly are the perfect example of 'comeback' - putting all their struggles and hardships to rest and prove that they are a truly successful group. Their 'comeback' is definitely in a whole new level. The fact that they are putting a lot of hard work going to japan again and going through lots of schedule just shows how much they care about us Kamilias, they are so admirable :geminluv:  and I think no other groups can do what KARA does, KARA is one-of-a-kind :gemheart:

Regarding about Young Ji's closeness with the other members, she always says 'unnie' in her interviews so I assumed she relies her unnies a lot so I was happy to hear that~I'm really looking forward to see more of their interactions :gemshout:

• Like 1

---  

We know we don't have the numbers like other fandoms, but more than the statistics, I'm more glad that they have been able to prove the detractors wrong and achieve what not many KPop groups can (or could possibly) do: make a complete turnaround, overcome all the trials they have gone through and emerge successful.

K-netizens battered them after the Radio Star issue, Nicole and Jiyoung left, then the Kara Project drama and boycotting from K-Kamilias against Youngji. I don't think any ordinary group would have been able to endure all this. Even the Big 3 companies would suffer from these kinds of issues and will immediately order damage control; the fact that DSP virtually did nothing during these problems is something to think about.

I was worried how their comeback would do... more than view counts and sales, I was more concerned about the public reception because that will ultimately gauge how well they will do in the long run. The amount of positive feedback is nothing short of amazing, I'm sure the girls are touched by the warm response. The album is sincere, the title track is perfect, they have matured, and Youngji might be their lucky charm this time around.

I guess it's safe to say that they are back like they never left.

Not living in Asia and having been a Kara fan solely from the music before getting into Karaholic more fully this year, I am not familiar with the "Radio Star issue".  What was that?

Also, why were the K-netizens or K-Kamilias against the Baby Kara Project?  I suppose that they just wanted KARA 3 and didn't like the weight that the global popularity counting seemed to give to the Japanese fans.  This would be directed to the whole process rather than Young Ji personally.

I was disappointed yesterday to read the comments under some of the YouTube MV's of Mamma Mia yesterday.  So many were critical of the the performance and especially of Young Ji.  Some of the critical comments came from people who said they were Kamilias.  I didn't count, but my impression was that about 75% of the comments were critical, and only 25% supportive.  I should have saved the links.  Maybe things have changed by today.

Not living in Asia and having been a Kara fan solely from the music before getting into Karaholic more fully this year, I am not familiar with the "Radio Star issue".  What was that?

http://popdust.com/2013/09/06/netizens-label-kara-the-new-t-ara-following-controversial-radio-star-appearance/

Thanks!! People are saying the song is flopping....it's bothering me because I know that's not true. It's not the #1 song (yet) but it's receiving positive feedback in Korea and I think it's a song that will grow like how Honey was at the beginning, definitely had a slow start and then they finally won something. I think this song will win something which will be great. I also hope the album sales do nicely. 

It's mainly so-called international Kamilia who are disliking and bashing the song/promotion. Saying KARA failed/isn't the same/sucks now is not helping and not brining anyone back. Like I said before, aside from the other, for me, I want this for Youngji. Hara/Gyuri/Seungyeon will be happy too, but this will be great for Youngji to see she does deserve to be in KARA and that she has what it takes. 

Thanks, ZiLong. I am amazed and disappointed that in Korea the internet or other media can be so mean and critical of these female stars. It's got to make being a performer even less pleasant and participating in radio or TV shows even more stressful. It's harder to show joy and warmth to fans when you know that some or many of them are just waiting to pounce viciously. If the problem is more in Korea than Japan, it's an incentive to perform even more in Japan.

Important Links:

Mamma Mia Comeback Support Thread 

Download Mamma Mia MV

Gyuri Mamma Mia Spazz Thread

Seungyeon Mamma Mia Spazz Thread

Hara Mamma Mia Spazz Thread

Youngji Mamma Mia Spazz Thread

Day And Night Album Thread

More to come.. spazz here!    

Note: This thread is only for comeback promotion related news. For more information on the Day & Night album itself, visit this thread: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17418&page=1

(I posted this in the shoutbox but I'll put this here because it sums up my thoughts pretty well)

Even if we don't reach a million views in one day, let's just be thankful that they have an overwhelmingly positive reception everywhere, especially in Korea... we weren't too sure how they would've fared with all these changes, but it really is such a blessing in disguise how they managed to make a really successful comeback.

DUDE! They've reached it, thanks to LOYAL, and ONLY loyal followers!

OH, YES! OHH LA LA! PARTY, PARTY, PARTY, MAMMA MIA!

Gossips are taken seriously in Korea. Goodness! Gossips are gossips. No more, no less. But some of them are unvarnished truth.

Youngji is steamed up in the pressure cooker of emotions. Seriously, haters, did 0G hurt you? Do you think hating 0G will make you pretty?  Do you think bashing 0G will help your country's economy to rise? (LoL, haters wouldn't able to read this.)

Wake up, people. We're in the world full of ups and downs. JiNi left. Get it real.

im worried that kara wont  have any chance of winning on a music program. because they will compete to shine taemin which  his album is number one right now on hanteo . and i found out that  taemin  album sales increase  20k for 3 days while kara day and night is number 3 in hanteo daily chart and just sell out for 8k for 4 days..