[2014.08.18] Is the New KARA Song, “Story,” about Former Members Nicole and Kang Jiyoung? KARA Says, “We’ll Leave It to People’s Imagination”

Jappy

slide_kara.jpg

KARA, who has returned with a new album and a new member, has been receiving a lot of attention recently for their sixth mini album, “Day & Night.”

On August 18, the now four-member group KARA has held the showcase for their sixth mini album “Day & Night” wherein they sang their title track, “Mamma Mia” as well as their other song, “So Good.” During the press conference, the group got to introduce their new member, Heo Youngji, and talk more about their new album.

During the press conference, the media talked about “Story,” one of the six songs in the mini album, which has been receiving attention for its message of pain toward a person who has left.

Popgasa translated the lyrics of the song which include lines such as:

“Our memories, our pretty recollections,
They get far away and I can’t breathe
It seems like tears will spread and erase it
So you’re the only one I can’t tell this story to”

“Our beautifully written story
We thought it would last forever on our page
When I was with you, I never had enough time
But now even when we’re together, it’s like we’re strangers”

It was known that the lyrics of the song “Story” was penned by KARA members Goo Hara, Han Seungyeon, and Park Gyuri. The ballad sings about the feelings of someone who has separated with a loved one. Some people speculated whether it’s the group’s message to the former KARA members Nicole and Kang Jiyoung who have left the team.

Han Seungyeon said, “We made the song such that each of the three members’ stories were moved, edited, and combined in the lyrics. We’ll leave it to the imagination of the people who listen to it to think what the song is about.”

The now four-member group KARA has recently made their comeback with the song, “Mamma Mia” off their sixth mini album, “Day & Night.” After former members Nicole and Kang Jiyoung left the group to pursue their own careers, the group is now composed of former members Park Gyuri, Goo Hara, and Han Seungyeon and new member Heo Youngji.

Listen to KARA’s “Story” here:

Source: Soompi

• Like 18

Of course it's about what they've felt with Jiyoung and Nicole's sudden departure from the group xD They were just sad, but that doesn't necessarily meant that they harbor some sort of hate towards JiNi like what people has been saying. GyulHamGool prolly wrote the song when they were obviously having some difficult time with JiNi's decision to leave the group for a while.

• Like 2

The separation must have been hard for all 5 and some may have even been hurt. I just wish they could stay friends forever and keep the good memories. Staying together for 6 years is long and especially when they grew up together.

I think the same too. That song is about Nicole and Jiyoung, why? because thay spent 6 years together, 6 years spending the time as mates, friends but specially as sisters... but well that's past time, and I loved the comeback, I watched the MV today and was much better than expected.

I will obey what Seungyeon said.. the real story behind STORY (WHAT?)  just let only the three of them know the meaning of it... I appreciate their hardwork to wrote the lyrics of the song.. another step to become a musician ^_^

The music, the lyric is really moved me ;___;

with this kind of improvement I will keep support KARA with my life ...

I keep my melancholic side only for me.. XD XD

I AM TRULY HAPPY FOR KARA's COMEBACK.... THE MINI ALBUM IS GREAT!!!!!!

KARA DAEBAK!!!!

oh thank you for duble sidekick :)

• Like 2

I cried. Like seeing this article, listening to the song, reading the lyrics.

I think it's best if they allow us to use our own imagination otherwise people will have a hard time playing this song thinking that it is only meant for JiNi when it can be used for lovers as well.

6 years was indeed a very long time, it's longer than high school and you thought you will be friends forever with your high school friends.

• Like 1

6 years through happy and sad , ups and downs together , share each other stories together , Imagine you and your friends do such things for only 6 months long, arent you gonna feel them more like your own family? now we talked about 6 long YEARS together through everything they could have get through in their lives , and they did it together,,that would made their bond became more like a "soulmate" one to each other.. The song "STORY" itself represents how Goo Hara , Han Seungyeon ,and Park Gyuri might actually feel after awhile going through new things without Jung Nicole and Kang JiYoung , how everything that they've faced together now left only as memories , that might fade away as time being , that maybe later in the future when they facing new things , new obstacles in front of them , maybe only Cole and Jing who cannot know exactly what were the 3 of them are facing..   “Our beautifully written story
We thought it would last forever on our page
  The story of their lives , after all this time being together in one bond , after everything they got through together , they thought it would last forever , they thought they can do it again in the future , facing all the coming ups and downs together again as one... but seems like it might not happened again..   this part actually explains almost everything about who is this song was made for When I was with you, I never had enough time
But now even when we’re together, it’s like we’re strangers
  All of you must be smart enough to realize that this particular song was made for "they" who GyulHamRa have known for a long time , that they have spent most of their time together with , now "they" become more like a stranger , it doesnt mean that GyulHamRa felt that "they" are litterally strangers , but it might just the feeling,u know the feelings when you meet a stranger,not much feelings are in it,,its also an expression sentence of how time flies really fast , that after all these times, it felt so short for them , and now even if they met again , maybe they dont get the feelings that they used to felt when they were together,, :gloomy: :gloomy:   After all, all i hoped and prayed is that even with Cole and Jing is not in the group anymore , i hoped that  they still have time to contact each other, may have a meetup again the 5 of them , have some nostalgia together again , i just dont wanted them to lost contact to any of Cole or Jing , they are family and they will always be,,no matter what.. :touched:And also there are still some speculations that OG is a "replacements" for Nicole and JiYoung, whoever stated this thing are just a complete moron , Nicole and JiYoung would have no replacements at all , they are IRREPLACEABLE , they are still part of our big family , and OG , instead of seeing her as "replacement" , id rather see her as a newborn child in this one big family of KARA KAMILIA . :hyper::good:

Edited by Kevin_Karanesia97
  • Like 3

I took a mountain of self-control not to cry. Gosh, why oh why Nicole, Jiyoung? I thought Kara is unbreakable. I thought the bond is tighter enough.

• Like 1

I took a mountain of self-control not to cry. Gosh, why oh why Nicole, Jiyoung? I thought Kara is unbreakable. I thought the bond is tighter enough.

I thought so as well. Oh Kara...I've been watching Karasia Tour and it tears me up seeing Kara5 smiling and happily dancing & singing together.  :touched:

So only me that don't believe that song for JiNi? Maybe I'm wrong?

If it is right for JiNi,

Oh i don't know where i place my heart. I'm toward JiNi. But I do love the others too...

And nicole was lying when she said she try to rejoin kara using different agency?

Edit: read the post below.

Edited by lukas_95

Ah I got it.

I believe jiyoung is the victim. (or culprit)

That's why she quit without any strong reason. And deletes all kara-related photos, while nicole still post videos with Gyuri at January saying happy new year.

But I don't know Hara unfollowed nicole too...

Edited by lukas_95

Well, if this is about former members, at least they are a bit nicer in their wording than Nightwish were with Bye Bye Beautiful...  

Did you ever hear what I told you?
Did you ever read what I wrote you?
Did you ever listen to what we played?
Did you ever let in what the world said?
Did we get this far just to feel your hate?
Did we play to become only pawns in the game?
How blind can you be, don't you see?
You chose the long road, but we'll be waiting

Bye bye, beautiful

:whistling:    

Personally, I don't think the lyrics are about Jiyoung, she wasn't an original member to begin with. And if it's about Nicole, it would be a bit strange for Hara to participate in such lyrics, because Nicole was a member long before Hara. But who knows... It would help to see the entire lyrics, not just lines out of context.

Edited by KARAda

you guys have probably thought too much, why must it always be linked with the leaving members?

they are all growth up and their daily life is definitely more than just being a kara member.

like seungyeon said, leave everything to one's imagination.

if it helps one to relate the "story" with the leaving members, then be it.

it's the beauty of lyrics which soothes and heals one's soul.

however, the 3 understand the real relationship is happening right now, the one between kara and us.

for me, all their songs are meant for us, always.

Edited by red4summer
  • Like 1

I really hope it's about them! & if it weren't then I'd really like to think it is about them anyway haha.

It's so sad that they can't really speak what's in their mind about Nicole & Jiyoung left, so I think writing it down to a song lyrics is a good way to tell us about how they really feel. I hope they'd perform this song at least once on a music show though. That'd be really touching. </3

• Like 3