[2014.08.18] KARA releases 'Mamma Mia' MV Jap. Version Preview

xbrokenarrow

Shortly after dropping the full MV for their Korean comeback with "Mamma Mia," the pretty girls of KARA also dropped the short PV for their Japanese version!

While everything is mostly the same, the girls do give off a stronger vibe as they wear bright red and black attire that differ depending on which member is wearing it, whereas they wear mostly uniform, all black or all white outfits in the Korean one.  The sets are a bit different, too, so this is definitely still worth a watch.

Check out the short version above!

Source: allkpop

Edited by edr49890
  • Like 5

Seems like YoungJi is well-liked in Japan and she is being promoted in the Japanese MV with more exposure time than in the Korean MV. Her blouse is multi-coloured as compared to the rest. She gets to be the last one to end the MV preview.

With this latest song and choreography, KARA has another top hit in Japan and YoungJi will steal the show with her freshness and youthful beauty as many Japanese fans are curious and want to know more about her.

In the Japanese MV at 1:17 onwards, her black skin-tight pants accentuates her long legs and curves and when she undulates her S-line, IMHO, she puts HARA who is next to her in the pale. No offence to Hara's bias fans. Maybe it's the black coloured pants and her tighter blouse instead of Hara's red coloured pants and black loose blouse. But YoungJi's figure seems longer and fuller.

This dance step is more alluring than the exciting Korean version. All I can say is WOW !

Edited by astro14
  • Like 2

Somehow, id rather with their style in Jap version though,, its not that i hate the Kor. version,,i love it , but this one honestly is even more "attractive" than the korean one,,the MV set got more colorful and there is a big fun feeling on the MV too,,,i think this Jap version would do much better than the kor. version...

It's too early to say for sure (need to see the whole video first), but my intuitive impression is that they shot the video first, and recorded the Japanese version afterwards. If you look closely, they never say a single Japanese word entirely! ("Say" as in looking what their mouths do.) It's just a syllable, and then there's a cut. But as for the English parts, they say long lines. There's even a part where Hara is singing but her lips aren't moving at all.

So my guess is that they tried to cut the closest possible mouth movements to fit the final lyrics, and didn't quite find a perfect match for everything.

This is obvious when the lyrics start. Seungyeon sings "hey, play the music" which is all seen very clearly. The we see her take a breath, and when the following word in the lyrics is "konya", there's a cut so we can't see her lips move clearly. Also, there's a part where I think I hear the word "amari", but Hara never says that completely. I think they simply cut those "ama" syllables from the line "mamma mia" and that's it.

As always, I'm ready to be corrected about this, but my guess is, that they had no idea what the lyrics are, when they shot this video...

THE JAPANESE FULL MV HAS BEEN RELEASED!

http://v.yinyuetai.com/video/2117745

...and that confirms that the Japanese version was recorded after they shot the video. All the Japanese words they are supposed to be saying are simply cut from whatever footage they had. It's almost embarassing to watch. It is surprising that there seems to be so little effort put into the Japanese video, even though it's so important to be successful in Japan, with the upcoming tour and all that. Personally, I would have made Japanese version #1 priority, and recorded Korean version sometime later.

• Like 1

...and that confirms that the Japanese version was recorded after they shot the video. All the Japanese words they are supposed to be saying are simply cut from whatever footage they had. It's almost embarassing to watch. It is surprising that there seems to be so little effort put into the Japanese video, even though it's so important to be successful in Japan, with the upcoming tour and all that. Personally, I would have made Japanese version #1 priority, and recorded Korean version sometime later.

I never noticed that they just added parts to the footage they already had until I read your comment but it was still great for me

• Like 1

Am I mistaken, or is there an adlib (Youngji?) towards the end of the Japanese version that isn't there in the Korean version?  :gemhuh: Right after Seungyeon's "burn it UP!". It makes me like the Japanese version better, gives the song more of the climax that I think it needed. Overall I like the Japanese MV better, but I like what they did with the choreography in the Korean version more.  

Found the full MV in HD on dailymotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x242irf_kara-mamma-mia-jpn-ver_music

Edit: Sorry, I see there's a whole other thread for the full Japanese MV now  :gemdown:

Edited by gogosummer
  • Like 1

Am I mistaken, or is there an adlib (Youngji?) towards the end of the Japanese version that isn't there in the Korean version?  :gemhuh: Right after Seungyeon's "burn it UP!". It makes me like the Japanese version better, gives the song more of the climax that I think it needed. Overall I like the Japanese MV better, but I like what they did with the choreography in the Korean version more.  

Found the full MV in HD on dailymotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x242irf_kara-mamma-mia-jpn-ver_music

Edit: Sorry, I see there's a whole other thread for the full Japanese MV now  :gemdown:

Anyways, yes and it's Youngji

• Like 1