• Announcements

• r0naLd222

Looking for GFX Peepz!   10/18/2016

Karaholic needs GFX (Graphic Artists). If you are interested, please message me or @flamestalker , @Yongery or @Lupang
    • flamestalker

[NEW] Member Solo Activities Subforums!   03/11/2017

Hey Karaholic! Since all of the members are now with different agencies, we thought it'd be appropriate to create new subforums so members can stay in touch with their activities. Please try to post here from now on with future updates and events.  Here are the new subforums we've created:
      Park Gyuri: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/158-park-gyuri-solo-activities-motion-media/
      Han Seungyeon: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/159-han-seungyeon-solo-activities-jwide/
      Goo Hara: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/157-goo-hara-solo-activities-keyeast/
      Jung Nicole: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/160-jung-nicole-solo-activities-b2m/
      Kang Jiyoung: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/161-kang-jiyoung-solo-activities-sweetpower/ For Youngji, we've opted to leave the forum as is as she is still with DSP Media.  Thanks for your attention, hope you continue to drop by and visit.. new members and old! 

-KH Staff
Jappy

Article
[2014.08.21] Kang Ji Young Signs with Sweet Power Agency to Launch Acting Career in Japan

32 posts in this topic

After leaving KARA, Kang Ji Young has decided to resume her activities in Japan as an actress.

Oricon Style reported on August 21, “After leaving KARA in April, it has been reported that Kang Ji Young will begin her acting career with the name ‘Ji Young,’ centered mostly in Japan. She signed with Sweet Power agency and her activities around Asia will also be managed by Sweet Power International.”

According to the agency, Kang Ji Young was on a study abroad program in England to learn English and acting but decided to sign a contract with the agency in August.

Oricon Style also reported, “Ji Young is currently staying in Japan in order to resume her acting career. She will be making her first public appearance through the 19th Tokyo Girls Collection (TGC) taking place on September 6 in Saitama Super Arena. She will be walking the runway as a model.”

BvgspTPIUAA4bIP.jpgBvgspXxIIAERnjY.jpg

BvgspTRIUAAsEbz.jpgBvgspUgIMAA2c9B.jpg

It also added, “She will be one of the very few Korean actresses who can read the scripts and carry out an acting career without translation. She will be promoting mostly in Japan but her global activities in countries around Asia are also anticipated.”

The news on the former KARA member making her acting debut in Japan has taken over the main page of Japanese portal site Yahoo Japan, gathering keen interest from the public.

Source: Mwave

18 people like this

:gemcheer: Project J, Project J, Project J :gemcheer:

So glad to hear about my baby!  :gemheart:

NOW LET'S SEE HER ACT WITH FUKUSHI SOTA AND LDH MEMBERS! Hahahaha!

3 people like this

wow.. can't wait for her 1st movie..

Hope I can see your movies on my local cinema! Jihyo already do that!.

Movie or drama? Drama would be better cuz I can watch more. aha

2 people like this

OMG FINALLY MY BABY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!! :teary: :teary: :teary:

my heart so overwhelming with happiness :wakeup: :wakeup: :gemhappy: :gemhappy: :gemhappy: :gemhappy:

im not really into drama, seems i gonna start to watch some now

cant wait to see her act :3

Ji Young is back. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy. Can't wait, thank god I'm a drama lover! XPPPP

Jiyoung looking so pretty.

I'm just so excited.

Indeed this is great news.

Aww, look at my baby :) Even if she's not a Kara member anymore, I'm still so proud of her for going after her dreams.

And this gives me a reason to start watching j-drama's and movies haha :D

1 person likes this

Wow didn't expect her to sign with a new agency this soon but...

I hope her decision of leaving KARA was for the best and she'd become a really great actress!

Goodluck, Jiyoung!!! <3

I have good feeling towards this news, hope that her new agency is a good one and she'd have a successful career.

This is fantastic, good for her, can't wait.

Wow didn't expect her to sign with a new agency this soon but...

I hope her decision of leaving KARA was for the best and she'd become a really great actress!

Goodluck, Jiyoung!!! <3

actually this news has been rumoured weeks ago , so this is more like the "confirmation" news of her actrees career in the future :D

:gemcheer: Project J, Project J, Project J :gemcheer:

So glad to hear about my baby!  :gemheart:

NOW LET'S SEE HER ACT WITH FUKUSHI SOTA AND LDH MEMBERS! Hahahaha!

PROJECT J PROJECT J PROJECT J :gemhappy: :gemhappy: :gemcheer:   WAAH,,finally a real news about our baby :touched:

Jing!!!! :thankful: :thankful:

Finally this news arrived :wakeup:

I dont really love dramas but if Ji Young is in it,,why not?? lolololol :gemwin: :gemwin:

2 people like this

Giant Baby is back. Can't wait to see her act

1 person likes this

This is a big competition among Japanese actresses but it's a good thing to know Jiyoung starts her acting and modeling career while still being young.

Sweet Power has successfully forged a career for Uchiyama Rina, Horikita Maki, Kuroki Meisa and Kiritani Mirei.

Hopefully Sweet Power will be better at managing her career compared to what they did with Kim Tae Hee though.

Best of luck in Jiyoung's future endeavours!

:gemshout: :gemshout: Jiyoungieeeeeeee!  :gemshout: Finally it's confirmed.  :gemshout:  :gemshout: 

*Happy* Jiyoung, I knew that you'll making a comeback to KAMILIAs ! Wish you all the best for your project, and I'll waiting patiently for your Korean drama ^^

hope to get big successful and come back Kara and kamilia in someday .

Wonder when will she debut.. Miss her :/ Wish her all the best in pursuing the acting career ^_^

So excited with this news!!! Can't wait for her drama!!! or movie.

what about the studies?????????

Anyway, good luck Jiyoung! :gemcheer:

Humm...J-Drama is a pretty competitive field. J-Movies too because I think the actresses in japan are good in this moment.

Well, I wish her the best luck but she's a rockie actress.

It's kind of good that KARA is back and JiYoung is back too (well...not really back, since she isn't in any project yet, but you understand).

Now the only one letf is Nicole and we'll have KARA6 ^-^

I hope JiYoung doesn't have only kamilias behind her but win many fans for her acting.