[2014.08.21] Kang Ji Young Signs with Sweet Power Agency to Launch Acting Career in Japan

Jappy

After leaving KARA, Kang Ji Young has decided to resume her activities in Japan as an actress.

Oricon Style reported on August 21, “After leaving KARA in April, it has been reported that Kang Ji Young will begin her acting career with the name ‘Ji Young,’ centered mostly in Japan. She signed with Sweet Power agency and her activities around Asia will also be managed by Sweet Power International.”

According to the agency, Kang Ji Young was on a study abroad program in England to learn English and acting but decided to sign a contract with the agency in August.

Oricon Style also reported, “Ji Young is currently staying in Japan in order to resume her acting career. She will be making her first public appearance through the 19th Tokyo Girls Collection (TGC) taking place on September 6 in Saitama Super Arena. She will be walking the runway as a model.”

BvgspTPIUAA4bIP.jpgBvgspXxIIAERnjY.jpg

BvgspTRIUAAsEbz.jpgBvgspUgIMAA2c9B.jpg

It also added, “She will be one of the very few Korean actresses who can read the scripts and carry out an acting career without translation. She will be promoting mostly in Japan but her global activities in countries around Asia are also anticipated.”

The news on the former KARA member making her acting debut in Japan has taken over the main page of Japanese portal site Yahoo Japan, gathering keen interest from the public.

Source: Mwave

• Like 18

Wow didn't expect her to sign with a new agency this soon but...

I hope her decision of leaving KARA was for the best and she'd become a really great actress!

Goodluck, Jiyoung!!! <3

actually this news has been rumoured weeks ago , so this is more like the "confirmation" news of her actrees career in the future :D

:gemcheer: Project J, Project J, Project J :gemcheer:

So glad to hear about my baby!  :gemheart:

NOW LET'S SEE HER ACT WITH FUKUSHI SOTA AND LDH MEMBERS! Hahahaha!

PROJECT J PROJECT J PROJECT J :gemhappy: :gemhappy: :gemcheer:   WAAH,,finally a real news about our baby :touched:

Jing!!!! :thankful: :thankful:

Finally this news arrived :wakeup:

I dont really love dramas but if Ji Young is in it,,why not?? lolololol :gemwin: :gemwin:

• Like 2

This is a big competition among Japanese actresses but it's a good thing to know Jiyoung starts her acting and modeling career while still being young.

Sweet Power has successfully forged a career for Uchiyama Rina, Horikita Maki, Kuroki Meisa and Kiritani Mirei.

Hopefully Sweet Power will be better at managing her career compared to what they did with Kim Tae Hee though.

Best of luck in Jiyoung's future endeavours!

Humm...J-Drama is a pretty competitive field. J-Movies too because I think the actresses in japan are good in this moment.

Well, I wish her the best luck but she's a rockie actress.

It's kind of good that KARA is back and JiYoung is back too (well...not really back, since she isn't in any project yet, but you understand).

Now the only one letf is Nicole and we'll have KARA6 ^-^

I hope JiYoung doesn't have only kamilias behind her but win many fans for her acting.