[2014.08.21] Kang Ji Young Signs with Sweet Power Agency to Launch Acting Career in Japan

Jappy

I, on the other hand, am a bit skeptical about Jiyoung making it big in Japan.

For sure she will never run out of modelling gigs, her face fits Japanese beauty standards. The thing I'm more concerned about is if she can act well enough to rise above being a b-lister, because like Korea, in Japan you have to start somewhere and prove yourself. She will have to shake off the reputation as being 'that girl from KARA'-- that's her biggest priority for the meantime, and then work on being a serious actress. My safest bet is that she will start in late-night dramas.

Unlike Nicole's departure, I feel that there's a deeper issue involved with Jiyoung than just wanting to make a name for herself. I am sure that if DSP gave in to her demands, Nicole will return to KARA at the drop of a hat; as for Jiyoung, I don't feel she wants to come back.

• Like 1

Nhaaaaaaaac I can't help but smile. She won't disappear ;-; 

:gemcheer: Project J, Project J, Project J :gemcheer:

So glad to hear about my baby!  :gemheart:

NOW LET'S SEE HER ACT WITH FUKUSHI SOTA AND LDH MEMBERS! Hahahaha!

noo, no Fukushi Sota U_U

I don't know why you're mixing the two issues. Whether or not she wants to be in KARA has nothing to do with whether she is a good actress or if she can become A-list. By quitting KARA, she can dedicate a lot more time to acting. The fact that she is starting while still young is smart.

From watching Rainbow Rose and Secret Love, I'd say she has the most potential to be a great actress. Plenty of great actresses were idols before becoming full-time actresses: Eunhye, Sung Yuri, Lee Jin, etc. In fact, they are usually more well-known for being actresses than former idols. For some, being idol is just a stepping stone to becoming actress. Most importantly, actresses have much longer careers than idols.

• Like 1