Ice Bucket Challenge History

viperion

The Ice Bucket Challenge, sometimes called the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, is an activity involving dumping a bucket of ice water on one's head to promote awareness of the disease amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and encourage donations to research. It went viral throughout social media during mid 2014.In the United Kingdom, people also participate in the challenge for the Motor Neurone Disease Association.

The challenge dares nominated participants to be filmed having a bucket of ice water poured on their heads and challenging others to do the same. A common stipulation is that nominated people have 24 hours to comply or forfeit by way of a charitable financial donation

So Please Don't treat it as a Joke ... Support them like all Kpop Artist Did .... We Challenge Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS ..

Have You Done It Too .  :gemhappy:  :gemhappy:  :gemhappy:

images_(1).jpgimages_(2).jpgimages_(3).jpgdownload.jpgdownload_(1).jpg

• Like 1

I understand that the ice bucket challenge was to let people be aware of ALS and to donate money to help fund the cure for ALS. However it feels like a waist of water when done in California because there is a drought and the California goverment is forcing Californian to use less water or pay fee for using too much water.

• Like 1

I understand that the ice bucket challenge was to let people be aware of ALS and to donate money to help fund the cure for ALS. However it feels like a waist of water when done in California because there is a drought and the California goverment is forcing Californian to use less water or pay fee for using too much water.

Can always do it at the beach on a cold cold morning. Nothing like the ocean for free cold water.

• Like 1

Can always do it at the beach on a cold cold morning. Nothing like the ocean for free cold water.

True but so far the ice bucket challenge I saw that was in California hapoened in a backyard and it kinda makes me angry.

The ice bucket challenge isn't even an obligation. So, I just don't see the point why some people gets mad at this when the challenge is just to show you how it feels like to have ALS for a brief second or two. It's a campaign after all and if it looks too much, one can always just donate without doing the challenge. 

• Like 1

credit Oh

https://twitter.com/yooniqda_

[Gyuri]

Hello, this is Park Gyuri. i participating in the ice bucket challenge that helping people with ALS..
thanks to 2AM Changmin oppa, Sunny Hill Misung onnie, and actress son soohyun who challenged me
so i able to participate in this meaningful campaign, and this become my self-reflection for myself
who used to not care much about ALS.
i think there are still lots of people like that, so even if it's only one person i hope through this campaign
i can help to make people to participate even if it's only one person so it will be a meaningful campaign.
instead of getting showered by ice water, i participating in becoming a donor through Seungil Hope Foundation.
i hope this will become a strength to the patient. .. i hope everyone else will participate too.

[seungyeon]

though it's late, through the challenge by g.o.d' Denny, i participated in the ALS ice bucket challenge campaign!
Seungil Hope Foundation and the ALS association is handling the donation for Korea.
please everyone else show your interest.

i hope through this great campaign, it can be a strength no matter how small to the patients
and the families who suffers because of ALS and other rare diseases.
i will be very happy too if it becomes a help.
the next target is actress Kim Taehee onnie, Yoon Jonghoon oppa, also Kamilia! Fighting♥

[*** Gyuri is a physical condition is very bad now ,, Not a one-time donation. Regular donation }

• Like 1

although it looks fun, i agree that the ice bucket thing is a waste of water. what would be more useful is to stop using plastic products, pesticides, and bio-engineered seeds which are killing the world and more destructive than any virus or disease 

• Like 1

although it looks fun, i agree that the ice bucket thing is a waste of water. what would be more useful is to stop using plastic products, pesticides, and bio-engineered seeds which are killing the world and more destructive than any virus or disease 

Actually what really would make a difference is to become a vegetarian.

Raising cattle for human consumption is wasting masses of clean water, and the waste from cattle is polluting waters and releasing gases which warm up the planet. Also, most epidemic food diseases are related to animal-based nutrition (chicken, pigs, etc.).

Whether one drops a bucket of water or not is really insignificant, when the unnecessary animal-based food production is wasting masses of planetary resources every second.

Actually what really would make a difference is to become a vegetarian.

Raising cattle for human consumption is wasting masses of clean water, and the waste from cattle is polluting waters and releasing gases which warm up the planet. Also, most epidemic food diseases are related to animal-based nutrition (chicken, pigs, etc.).  

Whether one drops a bucket of water or not is really insignificant, when the unnecessary animal-based food production is wasting masses of planetary resources every second.

At first I thought about the waste of clean water and, the electricity to make the ice, which is more energy consuming than that small amount of water.

But, after I doing some research about this challange, seems that it's not that bad

The water is insignificant compared to swimming pool; and the electricity needed is still lower than our PC or laptop left for about 3 hours doing nothing, which many people, usually on office did that.

The fun and the amount of donation sent is much much significant, just because doing this challange.

• Like 2

At first I thought about the waste of clean water and, the electricity to make the ice, which is more energy consuming than that small amount of water.

But, after I doing some research about this challange, seems that it's not that bad

The water is insignificant compared to swimming pool; and the electricity needed is still lower than our PC or laptop left for about 3 hours doing nothing, which many people, usually on office did that.

The fun and the amount of donation sent is much much significant, just because doing this challange.

Yeah, the important part of the challenge is to spread the message about ALS.

• Like 1

lol why just compare it to swimming pools? why not compare it to the oceans? When we measure the significance of things, nothing is really significant in this universe. What is the significance of your life when there are 7 billion lives in this world? what is the significance of earth when there are zillions of planets in the universe?

so what is significant depends on our point of reference for comparison. if you live in the Sahara desert, a glass of water would be pretty significant, but if you are a fish living in the middle of the Pacific ocean, a swimming pool would be pretty insignificant. in other words, significance cannot be used to measure the value of things. Do you value your life just because it's significant? 

A bucket of water may seem insignificant, but what about a 100 thousand buckets of water? a million? 100 million? when will it start to become significant enough? moreover, is the fun of pouring a bucket of water out-weight the value of water itself? If you want to donate for a good cause then just donate (just like what Gyul did). if it's for spreading awareness of ALS, im sure there are other 'fun' and 'useful' ways of doing it without having to waste water.

Hm.. maybe someone should start spreading awareness of the value of water by spreading ALS :facepalm:

• Like 1

lol why just compare it to swimming pools? why not compare it to the oceans? When we measure the significance of things, nothing is really significant in this universe. What is the significance of your life when there are 7 billion lives in this world? what is the significance of earth when there are zillions of planets in the universe?

so what is significant depends on our point of reference for comparison. if you live in the Sahara desert, a glass of water would be pretty significant, but if you are a fish living in the middle of the Pacific ocean, a swimming pool would be pretty insignificant. in other words, significance cannot be used to measure the value of things. Do you value your life just because it's significant? 

A bucket of water may seem insignificant, but what about a 100 thousand buckets of water? a million? 100 million? when will it start to become significant enough? moreover, is the fun of pouring a bucket of water out-weight the value of water itself? If you want to donate for a good cause then just donate (just like what Gyul did). if it's for spreading awareness of ALS, im sure there are other 'fun' and 'useful' ways of doing it without having to waste water.

Hm.. maybe someone should start spreading awareness of the value of water by spreading ALS :facepalm:

Alright then, Sorry if my words offend you. :)

• Like 1

ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE TIME LINE with LINK

Challenge

Challenge Accepted

NOW hammie challenge kamilia for ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE ...

KAMILIA "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED"

Kamilia nominated:

KARA Goo Hara

KARA Heo Youngji

KARA Manage

• Like 5