[2014.08.23] KARA Gyuri Reveal She Suffering From Gastroesophageal reflux disease ..

viperion

r.jpg

Girl group KARA Park Gyuri reveal her diet. She confessed that she has problem with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease.

Recently on MBC Sebakwi (Quiz To Change The World) recording, which between sebakwi vs Idol been view. 

Gyuri stated,"Look challenging for me due to my diet. Every Morning has problem with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease while 
exercise also in the evening". It not easy for her to face it since the pain made her lose my appetite".

KARA Seungyeon almost fell down while at bathroom and it is suprised everyone in the studio also.

There are a lot of experiences been shared by the expert to the "IDOL". One day meal which is equivalent to 1200 calories is 
a standard way for diet. However nowadays many people has used a different way for their diet and they should used a way that 
they feel appropriate for them.

KARA Seungyeon and Gyuri MBC Sebakwi will be broadcast at Korea on 23rd August 1115 P.M. 

Article Translated by: Viperion@karaholic.com 

• Like 2

can u tell me whats "Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease" ??..., i'm sory.. i don't know whats disease its thats :gemhuh:

KARA’s Gyuri said that there isn’t a diet that she has not tried before, and confessed of a time when she suffered from acid reflux due to an intense diet of starving while exercising day and night. (Credits to Soompi)

• Like 3

Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD), gastric reflux disease, or acid reflux disease is a chronic symptom of mucosal damage caused by stomach acid coming up from the stomach into the esophagus.[1]

GERD is usually caused by changes in the barrier between the stomach and the esophagus, including abnormal relaxation of the lower esophageal sphincter, which normally holds the top of the stomach closed, impaired expulsion of gastric reflux from the esophagus, or a hiatal hernia. These changes may be permanent or temporary.

Treatment is typically via lifestyle changes and medications such as proton pump inhibitors, H2 receptor blockers or antacids with or without alginic acid.[2] Surgery may be an option in those who do not improve. In the Western world between 10 and 20% of the population is affected.

Signs and symptoms Adults

The most-common symptoms of GERD are:

Less-common symptoms include:

GERD sometimes causes injury of the esophagus. These injuries may include:

Some people have proposed that symptoms such as sinusitis, recurrent ear infections, and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis are due to GERD; however, a causative role has not been established.[4][not in citation given]

Causes

GERD is caused by a failure of the lower esophageal sphincter. In healthy patients, the "Angle of His"—the angle at which the esophagus enters the stomach—creates a valve that prevents duodenal bile, enzymes, and stomach acid from traveling back into the esophagus where they can cause burning and inflammation of sensitive esophageal tissue.

Factors that can contribute to GERD:

• Hiatal hernia, which increases the likelihood of GERD due to mechanical and motility factors.[9][10]
  • Obesity: increasing body mass index is associated with more severe GERD.[11] In a large series of 2000 patients with symptomatic reflux disease, it has been shown that 13% of changes in esophageal acid exposure is attributable to changes in body mass index.[12]
  • Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, which can be present with increased gastric acidity due to gastrin production.
  • Hypercalcemia, which can increase gastrin production, leading to increased acidity.
  • Scleroderma and systemic sclerosis, which can feature esophageal dysmotility.
  • The use of medicines such as prednisolone.
  • Visceroptosis or Glénard syndrome, in which the stomach has sunk in the abdomen upsetting the motility and acid secretion of the stomach.

GERD has been linked to a variety of respiratory and laryngeal complaints such as laryngitis, chronic cough, pulmonary fibrosis, earache, and asthma, even when not clinically apparent. These atypical manifestations of GERD are commonly referred to as laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR) or as extraesophageal reflux disease (EERD).

Source : Wikipedia :D
Yes , ive done my research about this particular disease :D  :gemrunaway:

Gyuri seems to have more of a medium build and works hard by exercise and diet to stay slim and beautiful.  While some control of weight is healthy, working too hard at it can produce problems.  I am sorry she has to suffer from this.  It is a reminder that life is hard for idols, just like or even more so than many of us.  I don't know what might be causing Hammie's fainting.  They all work so very hard.  I hope that in balance they are still happy with the life choices they have made to spend so many years in this business.  They have certainly been successful.

Gyuri, you're perfect and beautiful the way you are. You're a goddess!

Lol, but seriously. She's gorgeous and you can tell she's lost a whole bunch of weight compared to a year or two ago. Her legs are getting thinner. It worries me.

Stay healthy Park Gyuri!! <3

Acid reflux is painful and very uncomfortable, caused by a lot of acid built up inside stomach. It happened to me before, it feels like your upper stomach is like a balloon full of air and keep getting bigger and there's no way to make the air out, even by vomiting the food, and it lasts up to several hours.

To think about that, dieting is really causing a lot of problems, hope our girls always be healthy.

"KARA Seungyeon and Gyuri MBC Sebakwi"?

all 4 were there.

Ah, it's weird too, 4 of them also appearing in the show, I'd open the link, the article also stated KARA Gyuri and Seungyeon only LOL

Maybe the admin at there forgot to write "KARA Gyuri and Seungyeon's part or stories on MBC Sebakwi" ~