[2014.08.24] Gyuri reveals she gets stressed out by being compared to Hara and Seungyeon's body

Whispering Angel

KARA-Gyuri-Hara-Seungyeon_1408842055_af_

Gyuri revealed that she got stressed out by being in the same group as thinner girls like Hara or Seungyeon.

On the 23rd's episode of 'Quiz to Change the World - Doctor vs Idol', she revealed, "Out of the members, Hara and Seungyeon have such thin body types that just being with them is stressful. I tried various dieting methods."

She added, "Since dieting is so difficult, after an important filming, I look for good food because of stress. I eat a lot, and then I feel guilty and work out immediately. If I do that, I get nauseous, and I end up vomiting before I sleep. Because of that, I got reflux esophagitis. I did these kinds of dieting methods before, but not anymore. I diet more wisely now."

SOURCE: Allkpop

• Like 6

tbh... this comeback is their Slimmest size...Hoping for GOOD HEALTH ..well HARA not included ..she's  BIG EATER but not getting fat hehehe <3 

• Like 2

The entertainment industry, the media, advertisements and society/random netizens won't stop comparing her to other Idols no matter what she would do.

Slim body or not, they will keep saying harsh comments on Idols.

They don't care if your body would get sick or tired after all these diets.

This is a good thing that Gyuri realized that her health is the most important. <3

Hopefully she finally found some balanced diet plan fitting her needs.

Edited by Lucky Chance
  • Like 1

I think she looks at her best when she's thick. Especially during their Step Comeback. She looked amazing and they don't call her a goddess for no reason.

agreed, Gyuri doesn't need to be slim as Hara or Seungyeon to be called as a goddess.

Ooh girl~ preach! Hanging out with skinny friends/coworkers can influence you, but it's important to stay true to yourself!

And I also get that feeling of exercising after food comas... but not immediately! D: All that movement is just asking for a purge. x-x

Aigoo, I'm glad Gyuri learned from all of that. ^-^

Yes Gyuri knows exactly that she doesnt have to have a body like Hara or Hammie, she has her own size,,besides i dont think thin body fits our goddess,,id rather with her body like on step or pandora,,it fits her perfectly,,

the problem is,,its really uncomfortable when you are being compared to others,,in this case to her fellow members themselves,,,i mean how could you think she could simply ignore those comparison comments agaisnt her??  while the comparison themselves are Hara and Hammie..it must be very difficult for her to ignore those comments cuz she is being compared to the members that is in the same group with her,,that she met everyday,,that she spent most of her time with,,,doesnt matter how ignorant you could be to those comments but if you are in Gyul's position,,you simply cannot feel "undisturbed" by those comments,,simply cant

Please dont let those comments made you do something stupid my goddess,,you know whats best for you so you do just that,,let people keep compare you to others,,just keep healthy and take care Yeoshin :D

Omo Gyuri!  :o  that's not good! It happens to me >< since I'm an athlete, I work out too much and vomit too  :gemnoway:  I'm glad to know you don't do that anymore! Stay healthy, you look beautiful the way you are~ :gemhoho:

And something that is :offtopic:  <<< Do you know when Hello Counselor ft KARA and Taemin  will be out???? :phew:

Omo Gyuri!  :o  that's not good! It happens to me >< since I'm an athlete, I work out too much and vomit too  :gemnoway:  I'm glad to know you don't do that anymore! Stay healthy, you look beautiful the way you are~ :gemhoho:

And something that is :offtopic:  <<< Do you know when Hello Counselor ft KARA and Taemin  will be out???? :phew:

Im trying to find out the same thing. Ill let you know when i see it

The entertainment industry, the media, advertisements and society/random netizens won't stop comparing her to other Idols no matter what she would do.

Slim body or not, they will keep saying harsh comments on Idols.

They don't care if your body would get sick or tired after all these diets.

This is a good thing that Gyuri realized that her health is the most important. <3

Hopefully she finally found some balanced diet plan fitting her needs.

exactly, just our society

anyway lets just wish for her health :3