[OG] Official Youngji Roommate Season 2 Thread

eliza.hara구1

In that preview with Hara, thats the first time I hear Youngji laughing loudly... Or was that someone else?

nope, Its Sunny's laugh! If you really want to hear 0G's laugh, check for the KARA appearance on Glance Star Attack... her laugh it's very pretty and innocent :)

Edited by Megatherion

finally watched the epi with hara..  (real life kinda hectic last couple of weeks)

must say that at least hara looks like she is really taking care of youngji and and find her precious and vice versa.

the more i watch it, the more i like roommate, in fact i found roommate is currently the number 1 show that i'm waiting for every week.

it's the same with youngji, the more i watch her here, the more i love her :)

one thing that i'm curious, hara looks kinda 'shocked' to see how youngji wraps her eel. does that means they still haven't got the opportunity to go out eat together yet?

btw, if you watch the video with subs from dramafever, on this ep (ep 9) there are 2 mistakes.

(spoiler)

1. when the family went to learn pansori, and ryohei tried to do one of the tech, they teased him saying that "He's from Indonesia" (around 30" mark)

in korean language there are 2 similar country names:

a. 인도 read: INDO. which means INDIA.

b. 인도네시아 read: INDONESIA. which means of course INDONESIA.

and they said INDO here, so it should be "Ryohei is from India."

2. when Nana talked with Hara and they asked whether Nana is the older one and they said they are same age friend. after that Nana said according to DramaFever "I'm far-sighted" (around 56" marks)

actually she said 난 노안이야, which means "i look older than my age."

since she looks older, she and hara doesn't looks like they are the same age.

just two things that i think mistranslated quite bad, the rest is fine though. i always use dramafever subs and so far they are doing good job, even if there are any mistakes, usually nothing too serious or bring weird meaning (unlike the other sub-team who subbing the running show)

• Like 4

btw, if you watch the video with subs from dramafever, on this ep (ep 9) there are 2 mistakes.

(spoiler)

1. when the family went to learn pansori, and ryohei tried to do one of the tech, they teased him saying that "He's from Indonesia" (around 30" mark)

in korean language there are 2 similar country names:

a. 인도 read: INDO. which means INDIA.

b. 인도네시아 read: INDONESIA. which means of course INDONESIA.

and they said INDO here, so it should be "Ryohei is from India."

2. when Nana talked with Hara and they asked whether Nana is the older one and they said they are same age friend. after that Nana said according to DramaFever "I'm far-sighted" (around 56" marks)

actually she said 난 노안이야, which means "i look older than my age."

since she looks older, she and hara doesn't looks like they are the same age.

just two things that i think mistranslated quite bad, the rest is fine though. i always use dramafever subs and so far they are doing good job, even if there are any mistakes, usually nothing too serious or bring weird meaning (unlike the other sub-team who subbing the running show)

thank u for clearing those out. i was wondering as well when Joon said something about Indonesia coz i didn't hear him say that and what Nana said being far-sighted didn't make any sense to me lol

BTW, what did Sunny mean when she said Youngji could grow hair on her butt? was that another mistranslation or was that a joke thing? coz i don't get it :facepalm:

thank u for clearing those out. i was wondering as well when Joon said something about Indonesia coz i didn't hear him say that and what Nana said being far-sighted didn't make any sense to me lol

BTW, what did Sunny mean when she said Youngji could grow hair on her butt? was that another mistranslation or was that a joke thing? coz i don't get it :facepalm:

they did said "인도 사람 (read: Indo saram)" which people tend to misunderstand it as Indonesia since it sounds similar. in fact, indonesian people often refer to themselves as "orang Indo", so it's easy to get confused ;)

as for what Sunny said.. it's kinda hard to express it in english since it's more like a korean saying which kinda hard to find the equivalent english expression. i don't fully understand it either, but anyway i'll try to explain it:

so she said "영지야, 엉덩이에 뿔났겠다 울다 웃어서"

the basic thing first she basically says "Youngji, you keep on crying and laughing again and again, 엉덩이에 뿔났겠다"

엉덩이에 뿔났겠다 <-- it's the korean phrase.

first, 엉덩이 means butt.

뿔 means horn.

났겠다 means it'll appear. not literally, just for expression. 

so literally, it means "horns will grow on your butt" (what? it still doesn't make sense)

yeah, i know. but basically, it's a saying to say that if you do something, you will get something in return, like karma.

example: 

when a child doesn't listen to their parents, their parents will say this to their children:

"if you don't listen to mom's words, 엉덩이에 뿔난다"

so why sunny said this to youngji? beats me. my guess is, youngji is being weird, in a good way, for crying, laughing, crying, laughing again so she teased her (playfully of course) that something will happen if she keeps being like that.

sorry, i know it doesn't really makes it clear, but i hope it does help a little bit.

korea has a lot of proverbs and saying that they often use that is hard to express it in english or any other language.

btw, i really like the way they treated youngji when she cried, esp seho. i'm the type of person who prefer someone to comfort me like that when i'm stressed out rather than being over pitied at. that's me though :lol:

• Like 4

they did said "인도 사람 (read: Indo saram)" which people tend to misunderstand it as Indonesia since it sounds similar. in fact, indonesian people often refer to themselves as "orang Indo", so it's easy to get confused ;)

as for what Sunny said.. it's kinda hard to express it in english since it's more like a korean saying which kinda hard to find the equivalent english expression. i don't fully understand it either, but anyway i'll try to explain it:

so she said "영지야, 엉덩이에 뿔났겠다 울다 웃어서"

the basic thing first she basically says "Youngji, you keep on crying and laughing again and again, 엉덩이에 뿔났겠다"

엉덩이에 뿔났겠다 <-- it's the korean phrase.

first, 엉덩이 means butt.

뿔 means horn.

났겠다 means it'll appear. not literally, just for expression. 

so literally, it means "horns will grow on your butt" (what? it still doesn't make sense)

yeah, i know. but basically, it's a saying to say that if you do something, you will get something in return, like karma.

example: 

when a child doesn't listen to their parents, their parents will say this to their children:

"if you don't listen to mom's words, 엉덩이에 뿔난다"

so why sunny said this to youngji? beats me. my guess is, youngji is being weird, in a good way, for crying, laughing, crying, laughing again so she teased her (playfully of course) that something will happen if she keeps being like that.

sorry, i know it doesn't really makes it clear, but i hope it does help a little bit.

korea has a lot of proverbs and saying that they often use that is hard to express it in english or any other language.

btw, i really like the way they treated youngji when she cried, esp seho. i'm the type of person who prefer someone to comfort me like that when i'm stressed out rather than being over pitied at. that's me though :lol:

Woah didn't expect such a detailed explanation. i think i get the idea. thanks again :P

when youngji cried, i switched my attention to nana and jackson. their expressions and their choice of words indicated that youngji had shared to them before. nana had on two occasions helped to explain why youngji was feeling emotional. i mean when the camera is not rolling, they definitely have time to talk about their life & work, especially nana since they share the same room. although not as much as i would like (to see more youngji and nana interactions), i was really pleased when youngji called out to nana "last sat" (if you watched "it").

BBpMF6.jpg

vvdHCP.jpg

Edited by red4summer
  • Like 1

It's a korean saying..if you laugh after you just cried, you'll grow horn out of your butt...basically, "don't be bipolar"...or else, you'll turn into a beast.

a video when hammie once mentioned it.

• Like 2

no one watched e10? i had a great time watching.

really, i don't understanding the korean knitting of this size. (i've seen some which are much bigger than this.)

j7kFfM.jpg

Edited by red4summer
  • Like 1