[2015.01.07] KARA participate in a charity campaign for the donation of 1 million coal briquettes

Frience

tumblr_nhpjq75hkt1rpgsh9o2_1280.jpg

KARA recently participated in a charity campaign for the donation of 1 million coal briquettes to the less fortunate!

Limited Edition Korea recently revealed the girls took part in a 'Happy Together' campaign to donate 1 million coal briquettes to senior citizens, the disabled, and families with low incomes, melting away the coldness of the winter season.  

Through the campaign hosts, KARA said, "As the coal donations decreased by half this year and the coal bank was giving out the coal on credit, we will diligently be active so that we can deliver coal as quickly as possible to the neighbors having a difficult time through the 1 million briquettes charity campaign with 'Happy Together.'"

The girls now join other names like Yoo Jae Suk, A Pink, GOT7, and more who previously joined in for the good deed starting back in December.

For the campaign, if you buy one phone case, 10 coal briquettes under your name will be delivered to a coal bank!

Source: allkpop

• Like 4

OMO! This is so freaking adorable! Their hearts are so wonderful! Thanks for sharing :3

Actually I'm amazed at this coal thing which they did in Roommate too.

While they might actually have good intentions with that, I think overall it's really complete nonsense charity. Firstly, in this day and age any support for fossile fuels, especially coal being the worst of them, is really a counterproductive thing. Secondly, if they used all that time, money and effort to, let's say, improve thermal insulation of those people's houses, that would last for years to come, whereas few pieces of coal burn very fast and the only thing they leave behind is coal dust which can cause respiratory diseases.

Maybe there's some Korean mindset that is needed to fully appreciate that coal thing that I'm missing here...

• Like 1