[2014.01.31] How Well Do You Understand KARA Conversation & Song

viperion

Hello There Kamilia, 

Just Curious How well do you know that KARA are taking about and also they song if you don't know either Korea nor Japan language .

of course having subtitle you can understand how about no subtitle  especially in all Karasia event ..

I know some international kamilia during 3rd karasia and they don't know what KARA speech about on stage..So I become their translator ..LOL ..but they willing to learn in future as going they know going to KARA event without understand what they are talking about quite frustrating too ..haha :gemshout:  

To understand they conversation really give me the motivation to study it ..

Finally now I have no problem in understand their language ..

Thank for it I manage to talk with Kara using Japan (my native language) and Korea language several time during 1st karasia - 3rd karasia and also some of their fan signing event ...

Will you willing to take the challenge for KARA by mastering all Korea and Japan Language ..? 

Feel free to express your feeling here ..

• Like 5

first off, nice topic! ^_^

it is always a challenge to understand them of course.. both in korean & japanese.. that's why I always envy those who can understand & speak it fluently.. but I think it takes a lot of getting used to it.. ;)

as for me, I've always been interested in Japanese language even before Kara (being a huge anime fan) :P so i can pick up and understand simple conversations.. my understanding of both written & spoken Korean language is basic at best.. I have always wanted to try subbing videos before though that's why I took formal classes from a university to study Hangul.. but i never got the chance to finish it.. :P:facepalm:  :wakeup:  

(only managed to finish 2/4 modules).. only enough to manage a simple conversation if I ever meet them.. lol  :gemhoho:

as such, I depend largely on subtitles as I think most of us does.. :P but of course, I can always take up the challenge again.. (if only time permits) :P

• Like 1

Ugh, my headache strikes and my nose is bleeding everytime I watch Kara's videos without subtitles in it. So I looked for youtube channels where Kara's videos are subbed.

Eventhough I don't know what they are saying, their hearts serve as the interpreter inorder for the international fans to understand. I wish my grandma is fluent in Japanese or Korean ( she's good in speaking Chinese.) so that she could teach me. 

I'm currently studying Hangul through online. Don't get me wrong, I do not trust google translate, the translations are not accurate.

Well, since I can understand a bit of Japanese, I can get some of the lyrics, but I'm just able to understand everything when I read kanjis and all (since ya know, there's some words who means the same but just with different kanjis and maybe I just have a bad listening lol), but well, I just can understand them when they speak in Japanese, mostly >_<

In terms of Japanese stuff (songs, things said in concerts and TV interviews, etc.), I can understand it pretty well with sometimes that off-hand word I might mishear, or if it's a subtitle text or a lyric sheet I might need to recheck what a kanji character means at most. Korean stuff though, I understand maybe a couple of words or so at most and need it translated to another language to fully get what's going on.

Unfortunately, I have little motivation to learn Korean, at least for now. Maybe at some point I'll be more willing to add a fourth language to fully understand every piece of KARA material (among other things), but for now just having three is enough on my brain D':

completely clueless what they saying about. as I dont understand Korean and Japanese.

I do try to learn korean a bit - i think thats good if at least I understand korean a bit.

but, at least I (and most of you here) can have a good communication to nicole and seungyeon - as they both fluent in english :)

Body language. If they laugh, you laugh. If they cry, you cry. Clueless but fun XD

agree. this is what I only can feel when I'm watching videos without subs...

communicating with body language!

• Like 1

TBH, KARA motivated me to learn Japanese to some degree LOL

But I'm still at the very beginning level of learning Japanese as I can only understand some very simple sentences like "I went to the movie with my friend yesterday, 昨日友達と一緒に映画を見ていました" 

You know there must be some motivations whenever you try to learn anything new, and it is KARA for me  :gemhappy:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have started learning to speak and write Korean so I can prepare myself for the day when/if, during exact alignment of the cosmos, I will meet a member of KARA~ (preferably Hara or Youngji!)  :chipper:

I can credit KARA for giving me the motivation to learn Korean~  

감사합니다 카라!

• Like 1

I'm currently learning Korean via a handful of textbooks, grammar books, and workbooks. I also use the audio lessons provided by Talk to Me in Korean. I should really put together a list of all of the study materials that I've purchased over the years. I've read some amazingly detailed books but I've also had my fair share of average books. I'm currently taking a break from studying because my university workload is taking all my free time this semester. I am going to resume soon so I can finally get rid of the habit of using subs! Thank you Kara for motivating me to learn Korean. :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Im vietnamese and enjoy KARA a lot! I am learning Korean right now with Rosetta stones, books, apps on the phone. One thing i enjoy most about KARA is that they have some english lyrics in it. Makes listening to it more fun! Sometimes i am not sure if i am listening to the Korean or Japanese versions of their music, but i enjoy both. Like someone mention above their body language is what i look for. If they are sad i am sad and if happy i am happy!  :gemhappy:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I speak only English fluently, and know some French, Spanish, German and Mandarin.  I know zero Japanese.  If it were possible, I know even less Korean than Japanese.  My granddaughter (this is aging me) and I listened to one Pimsleur CD of the first lesson of beginning Korean.  It was so hard that we were both laughing to tears.  The difference was that at the end of the lesson, she could repeat what she learned.  I just kept laughing and learned only that the word order is about backwards from English, and it doesn't make any difference what order they are in because they are unpronounceable.  

I've studied Mandarin for about seven years only because I loved a female pop singer so much that I wanted to understand the songs that I was beginning to memorize in Chinese without having a clue what I was singing.  If I were younger and could stop laughing, I would try Korean.  I had a Korean student in my law school classes.  He promised me that he could teach me the alphabet and sounds in 15 minutes.  Little did he know the giant foreign language klutz that he was talking to.  Maybe 15 months, or years.  

So . . . I loved my DVD of the Karasia 3rd Japan Tour.  Of course, I understood all the songs sung in English.  That's it.  Nothing more except through their expressions and body language.  And I really, really wanted to know what they were saying in the on-stage talking that they did.  Gyuri was doing this alone one time and got emotional.  Then, starting around1:27:00 they talked for a long time--maybe ten minutes--starting with YoungJi.  They seemed to alternate smiling and laughter with seriousness and lots of emotion and tears.  I am waiting to see a sub-title version of this.  

If I were young and single and just getting out of college--or doing time abroad while still in college--I would spend a lot of time in Asia. That's where there are so many beautiful girls who are smart and with great personalities.  I probably would have gone over there and married one of them.  So I can really enjoy watching each of the KARA girls in performances without understanding them  But of course, I would much more like it if I did know both Japanese and Korean.

Edited by david22
  • Like 3