When/How Did You Become a KARA Fan?

flamestalker

What Year Did You Become A KARA Fan?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What Year?

i'm a 2013 kamilia... so sad i wish i knew them more earlier.........

and full bloom is my first kpop album ever, that i ever bought, i have never had a thought on buying kpop stuff before not even an album, kara changed my mind, hehe 

then i collected some, kara is the best thing ever in my life, and a part of my life now :D

• Like 2

I dont know when I became a "real" Kamilia.

In 2010, I do like to listen to their song beside SNSD.

I once write I'm a SONE and Kamilia.

in about 2011, I started to more loving KARA, especially because the Step album. Really nice!

but I lost some KARA info's and songs. dunno where I am, at 2012, I download all of their album (Girls Forever, Pandora, Solo Collection, Girls Talk). And, I'm overloaded with KARA. I do like all of them! and I placed KARA over SNSD at that time...

== at this time, I do only know Seungyeon (from STEP MV) and Hara (Because I have friend that really likes Hara)

And in 2013. Again, really likes the Full Bloom album. And yep, I don't know Fantastics Girls until early 2014.

I dont follow any Kpop news before...

And... I heard nicole leaving. i'm really sad, I think KARA will disband :(

so I search more about KARA, found URAKARA, and found the fantastics girls album.

and search more and more about Nicole... until i found Karaholic.

Now I'm an Ultimate Kamilia.

This is my Journey to KARA

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i knew them since the beginning, though i only listened to their songs(love their songs) since im not really into artists..
and only knew the new members(2008) because of running man.. since watching running man(i started on 2014) i got hooked with variety shows
and saw Park GyuRi on sgb she's really funny, i loved her and then i started looking for their shows and mv's and fell in love with Seungyeon's voice 

and Jiyoung's cuteness and KARA in general.. love everyone of them

• Like 1

I found out KARA by accident when I saw Goo Hara on Running Man Episode 2. At the time, I didn't realise who she was, so I Googled her. Then a few months later Hara On & Off came out and I was absolutely smitten~ Then I watched Roommate Season 2 and fell in love with Youngji~ So, that was how I became a KARA fan!  :85896326:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I knew KARA since 'Break It' back in 2007...and then became fan with 'Secret World'. Their first album was the first ever korean album I bought..it was also the first time I purchased on yesasia. Wow..I can't believe so many years have already passed !

• Like 2

Aaah I discovered Kara when my little brother was watching nickelodeon and during the commercials Mammia Mia MV played. It really left an impression on me especially Goo Hara's eyes .-. they melted me away. Then I asked my friend who is an Sone --' What grouped sang the song and he said Kara. From then on I got addicted to our Kara. I watched IY season one in just 10 days (58 eps and 1 hr each. yeah, I was addicted -w-) Then searched everything about Kara and bam! Before I knew it I was a Kamilian  :gemhoho: 

• Like 4

Indirectly became a fan of KARA upon watching various Japanese TV shows in 2014 like 'Shabekuri 007' (as guest twice in 2011 & 2012) and the show 'Which Food is Seasonal?'. Without watching any of those shows, I would have never come across KARA or any Kamiias today.  :refreshed: 

Thanks to those Japanese TV shows, I've caught up on almost all of their shows (KARA Bakery, KARA Zoo Zoo Club, OST Secret Love, etc) plus their appearances in numerous Korean TV shows (including NIcole's Level With Me games).   :gemflower: 

• Like 2

It was on 2007, I first listen to KARA's Secret World and wiped away by Sunghee's powerful vocal and Gyuri's angelic face. But i didnt pay much attention, until they release Rock U with that cutie Jiyoung! i was like  :geminluv: . Then Pretty Girl and Honey, i love them both. And until now i still think KARA as Korea's most prettiest girlgroup, and i love them the most!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

because OG i like KARA, i saw OG at varshow Roommate, and fyi, I officially become KARA fan few days ago  :blush:,

i started subs any channel of kara fans, following any twitter be rellated with KARA, and then i'm here  :refreshed:

• Like 1

I am really late to the party. Didn't even liked Kpop since early 2015 but heard friends of mine talk about it. I was playing this game on the PS vita DJ Max Technika Tune. Songs like Lupin, Step, Jumpin, Mister, Pretty Girl (I may miss one or two)! First song i played was Step and boy did it pull me in! It was a short version they cut out all of the good parts. So i browsed youtube and found the full version then after that it was history. I became a KARA fan! I am also learning Korean and someday want to go to Korea. I am from the states BTW! 

Since then I have been watching all kinds of Variety shows, such as Roommates, Invincible Youth, City Hunter, and many more. Learned a lot of KARAs past from two of the members rough starts HARA and Seung Yeon. From Jiyoung and Nicole leaving in search of a future from what i read. Learned to like YoungJi and she is cute! But my biased would be Seung Yeon. She's the brains of the group and she has a strong voice! Anyways looking forward to their new release coming early MAY!

• Like 2

I am really late to the party. Didn't even liked Kpop since early 2015 but heard friends of mine talk about it. I was playing this game on the PS vita DJ Max Technika Tune. Songs like Lupin, Step, Jumpin, Mister, Pretty Girl (I may miss one or two)! First song i played was Step and boy did it pull me in! It was a short version they cut out all of the good parts. So i browsed youtube and found the full version then after that it was history. I became a KARA fan! I am also learning Korean and someday want to go to Korea. I am from the states BTW! 

Since then I have been watching all kinds of Variety shows, such as Roommates, Invincible Youth, City Hunter, and many more. Learned a lot of KARAs past from two of the members rough starts HARA and Seung Yeon. From Jiyoung and Nicole leaving in search of a future from what i read. Learned to like YoungJi and she is cute! But my biased would be Seung Yeon. She's the brains of the group and she has a strong voice! Anyways looking forward to their new release coming early MAY!

I play djmax technika because there's kara on it. Hahaha

anyway, welcome to karaholic!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I think I've answered this question in the past... Or no? I don't really remember lol.

When I first got into kpop in 2009 I was in for boy groups. But then I started to become interested in girl groups when I saw KARA in 2010!

The first performance I saw from them was Mister, but I didn't become a Kamilia until I saw Lupin! The song, dance, and especially Hara's hairflips made me addicted! Plus, I became more drawn into them when I heard their old songs with the cutesy image (which I /adore/ so much). & that's how I become a Kamilia. Even when my love for my favorite boy group kind of died, my love for KARA is still quite strong now. I think it's because I finally found a group I really like as a whole; the members, concepts, songs, dances, and I just love everything about them. <3

Even though many things have happened and many changes occurred, I'll still love KARA for their past, present, and future!

I don't even remember, probably somewhere around 2011. I'd just become a Sone and felt like it wasn't enough. There was a link to Mister next to some music video in YouTube, I clicked it and liked it. Then proceeded to watch Lupin and STEP and absolutely fell in love.

• 3 weeks later...

YoungJi's participation in the Roommate program really brought my attention back to KARA!  :energetic: She was fun, energetic and really interesting! Though I already knew KARA had produced many great, catchy tunes, and enjoyed them, but somehow I did not really focus attention on them...until much recently...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The very first kpop group I knew about was Big Bang in 2008 and I found them through jpop. I only listened to them casually but their music introduced me to the world of kpop and I ended up becoming a fan of KARA because of Gyuri. ;u; <3 And then when they started to get more popular with Wanna and Mister I became completely obsessed. Now they are a permanent staple in my life. ;;

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was in the middle of 2010. I started to like Kara after I watched Nicole in Family Outing S1. Oh god she was so adorable on that show. Then I start to search for her and Kara since then. Then Kara have a performance in Malaysia, I went there. And scream when I watched them performed. Oh god really can't forget the memories. 

Now my room full with Kara's posters, collections. My laptop full with Kara's live, songs, picca.

KARA REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALY ROCKS MY WORLD! :)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Well I watched Kara performance at SBS at the end of 2009 for 2010 new year. They did Mister. :gemadmire:

That feeling is different. I was madly in love in Kara apparently :gemheart:

I didn't have any favorite member until I watched Lupin live then Seungyeonnie fell, my eyes started to sweat. That's how she became my babe ever since the day~ the feeling is no joke. :gemcry:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just started to get into K-Pop a few months ago. I like watching variety show. SNSD was in a few episodes of Star Golden Bell and I watched Nicole's Level With Me Segment. I found it pretty amusing, but didn't look into it too hard. But then Youtube's video matching algorithm decided to dose me up with more Kara and suggested some of Gyuri's moments in variety. I thought she was really charismatic and funny and I really liked her confidence. Then I remembered Nicole was in Kara too and decided to check out their songs. I really liked the music from their big hits like Mister and Jumping and that's how I became a fan. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got into K-pop in 2011. I know about SS501, Wonder Girls (nobody), SNSD and then T-ARA.

But i didnt really liked them THAT much.

Until I chanced upon DJMax Technika 3, an arcade rhythm game, it has Lupin, STEP, Mr., Pretty Girl and Jumping.

And then i was like "this is it" and i became a fan of them.

Their Pandora comeback was my first one since liking them :D

GYURI *-*

• Like 3