When/How Did You Become a KARA Fan?

flamestalker

What Year Did You Become A KARA Fan?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What Year?

I got hooked on Kara starting the first time I saw "Step" on TV.  I had been a fan of Chinese/Taiwan pop since 1996, but the only Korean pop performer that I watched had been Park Jung Ah.  Then one evening in, I think, 2011, I turned on my TV and by random luck it was already tuned into a Korean TV station that I had never seen or known about before, and playing was "Step".  I couldn't believe it--it was so good, the colorful costumes and backgrounds were so great, and the girls were so lively and so beautiful, and the music was so catchy and great.  It was after that when I discovered Karaholic and Kamilia.  I have been very interested in following the lives and performances of Kara 5 and now Kara 4.  Even though I just know screen names, I've really enjoyed the posts on Karaholic of so many members.  I feel like I am getting to "know" many of them by their posts.  So many nice people.

I feel like I could become social friends in "real life" with any of the Kara performers.  They seem so nice and so interesting.  I await their new songs.  

I also watch other groups a lot; they have some really great songs (e.g. Girls' Generation Mr. Taxi and T-ara Roly Poly) and some of the girls in the other groups are totally beautiful (e.g., JiYeon and Hyomin in T-ara, and Park Cho Rong in A-Pink).  But I have not followed any of them as closely as I follow the Kara girls--maybe mostly because I have followed them so much over the past four years, while I have much more recently become aware of the others.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

When i first got into kpop, i only stan 2ne1 among the girl groups. However, i had a change of heart and became a fan of Apink. My fickleness then made me jump ship to SNSD. But everything changed when I watched Roommate in 2014 during the ep where Hara visited Youngji. Aside from the fact that 0G always promote MammaMia on the show (which made me addicted to the song), i thought it was nice of her to already have a good relationship with Hara despite being a new Kara member. That made me search about Hara and got addicted to Invincible Youth. Listening to Kara's discography, i was caught up with Seungyeon's solo- Guilty. Then, as i watch their other shows esp variety shows, i was smitten by the goddess Gyuri. And just because I couldn't pick a bias member because they have their own individual charms, that's when I realize I would settle being a Kamilia.

:gemheart:

Edited by Eos
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...... Actually I knew about KARA more earlier than 2012, I always heard from some of my cousin talked about KPOP and I accidentally ever listened to Lupin once before 2012, I got shocked as it was the first time I listened to a Korean group's song, and it got a really shocking and frightened rhythm and powerful vocal, (Sorry i was bit of silly^^) then I forgot about them.....TT And once a time, my mum bought some DVD and I accidentally again watched "Speed Up" Music Video, then I was shocked again, you know, HaRa's eyelash, then SeungYeon baby-alike, Nicole invisibly sexiness, GyuRi queen's charms and JiYoung innocent but cool eyesight........ But after that i forgot about them again, then it was "Mr.", and then "Step", I started to identify who is who from 5 of them...... In Christmas day in year 2012, there was a "Mama Awards" show in TV, then KARA was there, suddenly just only one second I decided to follow them like they used some strange magically potion that catching my heart, so I became a KAMILIA indeed...... And until today it's been 3 years and 2 days I think, I never regretted to know about them, it's a pleasure and honour to be their KAMILIA, no matter it was ever 4 members or 5 members, I think all 7 from them are all my KAMILIA's life, and they gave me a lot beyond what I had done to them, I'm glad and grateful for all this happenings, thanks..........

• Like 3

I followed J-Pop when Ayumi Hamasaki started and K-Pop (my friend introduced me to SES and BoA) when I was in high school 1 and a half decades ago.  Stopped listening to K-Pop after SES disbanded.  

I played DJ Max portable for the PSP, eventually they added KARA songs to the PS VITA game (Technika i think, end of 2012 I think) and I was hooked.  I didn't follow them much because that was around the time my little brother passed away so I didn't really update my music at all nor look at any news (I only grabbed their first 2 japanese albums).  My mp3 player's file systems finally got corrupted this year and I didn't back up most of my music so I'm slowly and lazily reorganizing/converting everything again.  As I was doing that I started trying to find concerts to watch on the side as well, remember hearing about SNSD so I downloaded their Tokyo Dome concert.  Then I was looking at the list of girl groups that went to Tokyo Dome and found out KARA went before them and I was like oh yeah, KARA!!! Rediscovered KARA through the KARASIA concerts in Japan and I was hooked again, they're definitely my favorite group. LOVED their tokyo dome concert. Bought all the physical copies for their concerts on blu-ray and went through it + music videos with my friends, still waiting on their 2012 korean one with eng subs from yesasia and I'll finish watching all of them.  Loved their japanese albums too, but I need to go backwards and listen to their korean ones.  

I need to watch their shows too if I can find them, just finished watching the Hara On & Off one.

Edited by shiris
  • Like 2

I peek to see what vid my sister laughing for and watching at..and i found out my sister are watching Gyuri on SGB (Star Golden Bell)..So,i decided to check her out and become interested on her..I find how admirable she is...She build up my confidence with her endless wise words came out from her in no time..I watch each ep (Im not sure if i have miss any episode) i find and watch it over and over again..After that,im starting to watch every Kara variety show i can find and interested in..There are no regret..I like their personality..They are good girls...Thats what i like about them..They always being theirselves..KARA Forever!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

November 2010. After Jumping was released. 

I remember hearing about kara during the lupin era but back then i was a soshi fan so i was like: meh, why are these girls copying run devil run?? (I WAS SO STUPID) 

I got into the f(x) fandom and started watching invincible youth and discovered goo hara!! She was so adorable i started searching her up on youtube and bam, i watched the mv of jumping and fell in love upon seeing jiyoung.... 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

well june 2015, i saw a video of buzzfeed where they did kpop dances. I was like hmmm kara thats a funny name lets look at some videos, well i saw a step live performance on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDnccdjYx-8m, well i will just leave it here. I tried to learn there names it was pretty hard. Gyuri and Nicole were fairly  easy, but hara and seungyeon oof i had a hard time recognizing those two hahaha. Well i started to google about them, got slapped in the face that my favorite member left (nicole), and well we all know what happened after that got slapped in the face again after they disbanded. but i still love them

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
Likely I here one such to whom the beginning is pleasant creativity of Kara, after disbandment of group. 

It of course has occurred through YoungJi. I was not the great admirer of a variety show and reality show. But I watched Roommate because of Nana (from Orange Caramel, my favorite band in K-Pop). The first season not too was pleasant to me, and I didn't want to watch the second. But I have decided to look at the first series. And there I have seen YoungJi :-)   

Earlier I had to listen to songs Kara. Generally period of 2010-2013. They a little me clung, with rare exception (Hanabi, Endless Night). Songs of the period of 2014-2015, I have decided to listen already because of YoungJi. These songs were pleasant to me much more, especially Mamma Mia, Cupid and Summer Magic. It was the music in the European dance-pop style reminding Kylie Minogue, Bananarama or even Ace of Base. What was pleasant to me.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I know about Kara on 2010 when I saw melon music award 2009. I only know wondergirls and t ara. I thought kara was t-ara.Kara was performing honey. And I began searching for more of t ara song and found nothing about honey so after 2 days of researc I found kara and I became their fan ever since. I only found karaholic 2 years later when I was searching for kara's video on youtube

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

They catch my attention  when they debuted coz they were referred as the next fin.kl by some people .. But I don't follow much after that &then 2008 happened& members of my bias group start entering military one after another &there was no group activities .. So I was kinda left empty :D & then suddenly KARA came to my mind & I decided to browse what they were upto, the first thing I came upon was an article on gyuri's  goddess character, then I read articles after articles about Gyuri, I totally liked her character.... That summer When I get back home from Hostel , I went on a KARA varieties & shows spree, I was totally addicted to mister & it was also honey promotions , I fell for them & then Lupin happened & that sealed the deal,   there's no turning back.They are my favourite girl group forever and ever . 

Edited by winx08
Grammatical mistake, my bad :D
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, lovehara_ said:

I became a fan in 2008 "Pretty Girl", I did not know any of their names back then including Hara, I just think wow she's pretty. And then "Honey", I still don't know their names including Seung Yeon, and I just think wow she's cute. I am so embarrassing to say, I missed many of Kara's great songs, it is like, "Honey" - "Lupin" - "Jumping" - then "Mamma Mia" which I only listened/discovered it in November 2019. I missed "Mister", any of their solo etc., I missed "Step", I missed their Japanese songs. It's not like I didn't like them, I like them, I like Kara, just that I'm more into ballads or sad songs, many of their "Solo Collection" are sad but I just didn't know it back then. As to the question of how, I get to know most of the Korean songs through Arirang TV Pops In Seoul, I call it POPS. Back then there is no youtube, or not popular, or internet not fast enough, so yeah Arirang TV is the best.

It can be said that, I have been with them since the very very beginning, and I also am a very very late fan.

Wow!?!? So you went 10 years between songs??

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's insane how timeless they are. I became a fan watching their MAMA performance. For their reunion comeback, after 15 years. I mean, I'd listened to their songs before (growing up Asian, in Asia, during the Hallyu wave I couldn't have gone without lmao) and I knew Hara, Gyuri, and Nicole, since I watched some old varieties as a Uaena. But when I became a KPOP fan in like 2017, they were long disbanded so I didn't want to get into them.

I watched the MAMA performance because I was curious. They just made me fall for them completely and now I'm obsessed :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...