When/How Did You Become a KARA Fan?

flamestalker

What Year Did You Become A KARA Fan?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What Year?

Simple question, when and how did you become a fan of KARA? Have you been with them since the very very beginning, or are you just getting into them now? 

I became a fan in 2010 and the rest is history. It all started with a live performance of Mister.. then another.. then another... Later in 2012 I attended the K5J Showcase in SG... then Pandora came out and I was completely addicted. That's when I started to normally visit Karaholic too!

Share your story with us :)

Old Thread: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3839

• Like 3

I know Kara since 2010 but I didn't pay attention. I was an Idate ( online interactive gaming) addict. I played Kara's songs (Honey,Wanna,Mister) repeatedly but I didn't care. 

I became a fan in mid-2012 when I came across a story in Wattpad. Kara was featured and luckily I was able to recognize one member, Goo Hara because I was a big fan of City Hunter. 

• Like 3

I already know about Kara since 2008 (DSP connection).. but I only got into the group in 2009.. while watching a variety show, I came across Gyuri and instantly fell in love with her confidence and wit.. (I wanna marry that brain of hers) :P

I searched more about her (and Kara of course).. I watched all variety shows I could find with her in it.. and the more I watch them, the more I came to appreciate and love all the members.. ;)

the first comeback that I was able to keep track of was Wanna+Mister..

Edited by zhayeph
  • Like 3

Just copy from my profile(:

Well for me the journey with KPOP started with the insane popularity of Gangnam Style ^^ I'm pretty sure there is hardly anyone that at least didn't hear a part of it, melody :P And since Kpop artists don't promote in Europe its completely understandable that i wasn't fimilar with it until now.. So.. first was PSY and then after i found out what Kpop is I started lookin' for other artists and groups (: 2NE1, Hyuna, Ailee, Wonder Girls and so on. I found Girl's Generation and became a one big addicted SONE for a few months (: At that time i biassed Jessica.. Jung lol While lookin' for some YT videos, I found a Strong Heart episode with Jessica and Sunny. The one with Nicole's sexy dance keke :D And yeah Nicole.. when i saw her on the video, her reactions, beautifull, fabulous, gorgeous, cute face lol I completely fell in again :P I was like.. who's that girl?! Then some time later while watching SNSD's MVs i noticed a proposition video with a group I'm not familiar with.. KARA!!! It's funny coz KARA  = punishment in Polish :D And then i found the girl i was lookin' for :geminluv: I can not say I was like obssesed with finding out her name but she definitely left a deep and very positive impression on me (:  :nc1: I can say I became Kamilia on the 30th of March 2013(: One day after KARA's 6th anniversary ^^ I didn't have a chance to meet the girls yet but they surely took part in positve change of myself (; KARA effect. And my passion, devotion into KARA didn't lose on impact a bit.

Really jealous of most of you. I started really late. K-pop really isn't very popular in europe in general. Still considered for most rather as a music for school girls lol Plus the racism ya know.

Edited by Tomolo
  • Like 3

I miss Karaholic so much!!!! I miss my fellow Kamilias here!!!  :touched: 

I started being a fan of kpop generally at 2008 because of Wonder girl's Tell me... and since there were few girl groups back then, I instantly came across Kara's Rock u MV on the related video section. Then I became a fan. Originally, I was a fan of WonSoKa but for some reasons, Kara stole my heart the most and became a fully pledge Kamilia. Now, I have other fandoms here and there but I always put KAMILIA first and in bold letters on my profiles. 

KAMILIA is like a part of my identity since 2008!   :geminluv:

• Like 2

Became a kamilia since July 2012 when they performed in my home country for the first time (Malaysia MTV stage). Completely fell in love with them at first sight :D

Then they came here again for GDA2013. I fell even deeper into the KARA lake of love xD   

Read my KARAholic experience @ GDA2013 here

• Like 2

I become a fan when i Was in QATAR,i've been shuffling the t.v channel to watch something really good,then i saw a five females dancing on and God HARA took my Heart at that cert moment i Was enchanted by her,she looks so untrue with her beauty,a șlim body with a long black hair,round face an amazing eyes she's like someone You would just read on books and with their outfit in mister,she definitely made me a vow to cherish,treasure and love her with all my Heart!!!!thats how i become a fan,and i would never ever get tired of Supporting and loving my HONEY KOALA,GOOsAIN BOLT,LIVING DoLL hARA GOO,hARA,KARA and KAMILIA Fighting:))

• Like 3

I discovered KARA as I watching the video of the Japanese just dance for WII. I heard the song jumping and then I went on youtube, I watched the video.. and I liked them immediatly ^^ especially Hara ahah :)

• Like 1

I Start to Like them because of Hara's Past Relationship With Junhyung Cuz Im a big fan Of Him !! i thought at first " woah she is so Beautiful *-* " so i start to get to Know her and Her Team Members ( actually i used to dislike kara without even knowing them silly me ) and then i start to like them and their Music and little by little i became addicted to Kara XD They're Now My Ultimate GirlGroup <3 So In The End Its All Thanks To B2ST Lol

• Like 1

I became a Kamilia at December, 2013.. yeah, during the whole JiNi thing >< actually I started to listen to them during Damaged Lady but it was just for fun, then I became addicted to Seungyeon's solo and started to look more to KARA. At that time everything was only Seung until I watched a little video of Jiyoung in Invincible Youth that basically ruined my life lmao and then I was like "Wait no no no  I can't like her she is the one leaving, I must stay with Seung only" but nah, my poor heart did this to me xD so yeah

• Like 2

I met KARA in the MAMA awards ceremony in 2012, I think KARA won the prize of international artist, I do not remember ... :gemhuh:  but did not pay attention. Then I saw the drama where Hara participated as the president's daughter in City Hunter and she caught me, she was pretty and a funny girl :gemhoho: . It was not until a friend showed me the video of Pandora (I think was in mid-2013, before the release of 'Thank you Summer Love') and the rest is history. In those days I was on vacation and took me two weeks to hear her entire discography and from that day besides being ELF, I am also a Kamilia. :gemheart: 

PD: Sorry for my horrible english  :gemdown:

• Like 1

I still hate the fact that I knew Kpop around 08-07 but I was listening to Super Junior and Wonder Girls instead  :gemcry: 
But yea, I officially became a Kamilia in 2009  :gemheart: 
#2009 KAMILIA BABIES YEEAAAAAAH!  :gemcheer: 
Honey was jst perfection, and it was their first winning song too!  :gemshout: 
Hope to be friends with more Kamilias in the next coming years  :gemnoway: 

• Like 3

I first heard about them in 2009 when someone posted the Pretty Girl MV on a Jpop site. Hara stood out the most i think.

I didn't become a fan until early 2010 though, after coming across Invincible Youth and finding out about Kpop in general. Even though i liked all the IY members i liked some of the groups way more than the others. KARA was the first one i called myself a fan of, and was the only one for a good while. Mister was the biggest hit at the time of course and one of my favorites too.

I'm a Hammie bias but Hara isn't far behind! I really love all the members, i love how well they get along, and how natural and genuine they are on camera. Someone in show business once said KARA is "squeaky clean" when it comes to rumors and stuff, so i really do think they are as nice in real life as their image.

• Like 2

I started listening to kpop since March 2012 In my country Kpop is not popular. 

I started to follow KARA since November 2012 when I saw them in the program. I don't remember exactly what it was the program :(. I started read more about KARA, watching performances, listening to their songs. I wanted to know KARA better. And here I am (; 
Now KARA is a part of my life.
  • Like 1

I became a KARA fan in late 2012 when, after watching Pandora on TV, I couldn't get the song out of my head.

Since I was obsessed with Pandora and I was interested in Jiyoung, I looked for more KARA stuff and I fell in love with them~ ^^ I liked them a lot during the last months of 2012 but I didn't consider myself as a KAMILIA until Jan. 2013 :P

• Like 1

I've been a fan from the start. I had already been listening to K-Pop and girl groups for about four years. At the beginning of 2007, there actually weren't too many girl groups around (at least, none that I listened to), so when four of them (including Kara) debuted within a few weeks of each other, I was paying attention to all of them. Kara stuck as my favorite mostly because their first album was really good, and they gave great performances.

• Like 1

I was a Jpop fans from 2000. I wasn't really fond of Kpop since their songs aren't well suited for my taste. But on 2010 at night, I stumbled to watch Kara Mister Japanese PV. The song itself is very catchy that makes me like them. Then I started to browse them in youtube and found some of their past PV like Lupin, Rock you, Wanna, etc. At first I'm confused about their language. I thought they were a Japanese artist but why they blabbered about this weird language eve though the songs were all nice. Then I googled their profile and found out that they're Korean artist. I was "WHAT?", but my heart already stolen by them lol. So, after that I started to collect their Albums and singles and always wait for their release.

I remember being in a whole mess on early 2011 because of their contract dispute. My worklife were also a mess on that time too because i've become too addicted to them. I started making my twitter because they posted on twitter too and become the follower on 2011. For me Kpop is Kara, without Kara, I won't know Kpop at all. Because Kara is the borderline between Kpop and Jpop :D

• Like 2

I listened to Lupin and watched the Honey MV around 2011 however they didn't catch me. In 2012 my girlfriend took me to a kamilia club event to watch the Seoul 1st Karasia. They caught my eye there. I loved many songs and started paying attention to them. I already had watched Invicible Youth both seasons but started to pay attention to JiYoung after that fan event. In just a few months I started to feel Kamilia and became a full time fan so to speak.

Ever since I'm kamilia for good.  :refreshed:

• Like 1

Umm... sad, but... only about 2 weeks ago. :(

And how? Interesting thing... I played Osu! and loved to play the song "Step" there. It sounded good, so I looked it up on youtube and then.... I fell in love.

I did not know much about kpop before that.

I'm so new...

• Like 2