[2015.02.23] Girls' Generation & Kara's Album Release in Japan for This Spring Confirmed

HaraKamilia

112414cdd851da5371eed176a1f5dee9.jpg

Girls' Generation and Kara will be having new album activities in Japan.

Both teams, after having tough time last year with member leaving and member change, will be releasing a single in Japan this Spring. It has been 2 years for both of them. A Pink and AOA made debut in Japan recently and it appears first generation of 'K-Pop girl groups' are getting cheered on by it.

Girls' Generation will be releasing their 9th single, "Catch Me If You Can," on April 22. It has been 2 years since their last single, "Galaxy Super Nova," came out in September 2013.

Their new song is electronic dance music (EDM), which is internationally popular nowadays and the attention is being focused on their change of concept. The music label in Japan, Universal Music Japan, commented it is a song with strong dance beat and catchy chorus part. Girls' Generation will also have large scale fan meeting at Saitama Super Arena on April 26.

Kara will be releasing a new album in Japan which is a first one since new member, Young Ji, joined the team. It has been 2 years since their 10th single, "French Kiss," was released in November 2013. "Mamma Mia" released in Korea and Japan last August was sort of a license album, a Korean album released also in Japanese version.

At their fan meeting in Japan on February 14, they had announced their plan for new album release.

Source

• Like 14

So is it a full-length album right? (I've learned the title song is named "Queen's Comeback" or sth like that)

Queens? I think this is not great idea. "Queens" - the name for the T-ara's fans. :)

This sounds so off topic but what about a collab for the two <3

No, it really doesn't sound off-topic, as that is what the wording of the thread makes you think. And both groups seem to like each other, at least based on several tv appearances. Sadly what makes any musical collaboration impossible is the fact that they are not from the same company. Although a possible loophole there might be collaboration on the Japanese market, as both groups are working for Universal in Japan.

Queens? I think this is not great idea. "Queens" - the name for the T-ara's fans. :)

Girls Talk, Super Girl, Girls Forever, Fantastic Girls...

With the never-ending imagination that has been used so far when naming their Japanese albums, I think it's safe to assume that the next full-length album will have something about girls in the title...