[2015.02.25] Baby KARA Sojin, The Reason Why She Jumped From Level 10 of the Apartment?

Chiaro

2015022529077_03.8845140.1.jpg

Baby KARA Sojin Passed Away.

The girl in her prime 20s, who dreamed of being a member of a girl group, has passed away. 

On 24th February, 2:07PM, Officials reported that the police had found a girl was found lying in the garden of an apartment in Daejeon. 

This girl has participated in a past MBC Music show 'KARA PROJECT - KARA THE BEGINNING' which made her well known as a Baby Kara member, Sojin. Even though she passed to the 4th member among the 7 member (of Baby KARA), she unfortunately didn't make it as a new member of KARA. 

Reportedly, Baby KARA Sojin had been having depression lately. The police has seen the place she did suicide from Sojin's level 10 apartment.

Original article: here

Credit: Nate News

Translated by: Chiaro

• Like 3

She was a trainee for years

She has seen Rainbow debut, Youngji debut..

She performed with the other Baby Kara members as opening for Kara's Japanese concert

And after that DSP dumped her while the other Baby Kara members will debut in a new girlgroup.. this was her last chance... i guess it was just to much

• Like 2

When I saw the title, I hoped it would be a bad translation T_T

She was my favourite amongst Baby KARA

Did she really got dumped by DSP? I thought they would debut together this year,

This will be a big hit, not only on her family and friends, but to DSP trainees who trained with her and entered the show with her.

R.I.P. Sojin

But look Kahi debuted in AS almost 30 years old. Why Soljin gave up? She can try again.

You cant compare Kahi and Sojin

Before Kahi debuted as a After School member she already had a 6 year carreer as a backup dancer for huge kpop names. She also had lots of connections in the music industry 

Sojin had nothing but a dream.

I do agree she shouldnt have given up so fast.. But we dont know what was going around in her head... she probably didnt discuss everything with her parents and friends.

Cause of her age Sojin probably didn't fit the cute concept of DSP's upcoming girlgroup, however I wish DSP would try to get her into some other agency 

• Like 4

I've just heard the news from other Kamilias and my best friend in Korea....very sad to hear about this.

R.I.P Sojin

Prayers and condolences to her family and friends alike. 

http://www.sbs.com.au/popasia/blog/2015/02/25/baby-kara-member-sojin-passes-away-suicide

• Like 1

This is seriously so saddening. Sojin was my favorite on Baby KARA and words cannot convey how sad I am. She definitely had the charisma and stage presence and it's a shame for her to not debut. I am just devastated to learn how her life was cut short and it's a sad reminder that we all must cherish every moment of our lives. On the other hand, I am just so glad that we all get to learn about this wonderful and amazing person even if it's in a short amount of time. Sojin, if you can read this, I truly hope for your happiness and all of the Kpop world misses you, especially me. Rest in peace and all of my condolences goes to your family and friends.

• Like 3

Sojin unnie! Rest in peace!

I still can't believe this. I'm in shock.

Like what I posted in the SBox, even after losing and not debuting, Sojin was still our idol. I swear, Sojin had what it took to be an idol, but DSP over looked it. I was actually hoping to see Sojin debut in the group April.

• Like 2

This is such sad news :(   She was my favourite in Baby KARA & was hoping that she would be making her debut with April.  I wish DSP had placed her in the group as the leader, she was perfect for it and she already had a fan base building.  May she rest in peace and my condolences to her family, friends & other Kamilias. 

It was also reported that Sojin is not part of the upcoming DSP Girl Group 'April' and her contract was ended a month ago in agreement with the agency.

I will say this again ('coz I posted this on the KP thread):

You were an inspiration to the girls on the show. You showed Korea, no, you showed Kamilias and other KPop enthusiasts that you're hardworking.

Sojin-noona, you are a talented, strong and amazing woman. May you rest in peace.

And these are the ff tweets I posted on twitter about her:

You are strong, beautiful, talented and hardworking. #RIPSojin
B-rRn4KW4AAVxKu.jpg

You are loved. You inspired the girls. You have the determination. You have the passion. We miss you. </3 #RIPSojin
B-rTSbwW0AAF7JY.jpg
  • Like 2

I am really sad for her and her family.  The pressures to succeed must be immense, unless one has an alternative in life that is also attractive.  And if she suffered from depression--which is a real, clinical condition--suicide or attempted suicide was always a real possibility.  I was looking forward to seeing her in the new Baby Kara group, and I am also sorry that DSP did not give her a contract for the new group.  It seems like a cruel business decision in the light of her death.   I really took an interest in her via Karaholic and other internet media.  When I first saw this news, I thought it must be a mistake.  So, so, so sad.   :sosad:

I wish she could come back to life and be given a role that she wanted.  It should not be worth life and death to be accepted by DSP or anyone else, especially at her still-young age.  If 23 was the maximum new-idol age, then I wish she could have found a different goal  She was such a nice young woman, and would have made a wonderful wife and mother to someone--if she could have had help with her depression.  

This may be hard for DSP and the new Baby Kara group to move forward and create enthusiasm--I can't imagine a bigger damper and black cloud.  But none of that is important compared to the loss of Sojin.  I will always remember her, with love and sadness. :(

Edited by david22
  • Like 9