[2015.05.28] KARA's Seungyeon reveals she had studied to become a doctor

flamestalker

KARA's cute member Seungyeon appeared on the May 28 edition of tvN's 'Problematic Man' and talked about what she wanted to do before she became a singer.

She said, "During my school period, I studied abroad in the United States for 2 years.  I was in New York and New Jersey."

Her past dream of wanting to be a doctor was brought up, so she said, "Anyone can dream a dream. When I wasn't sure if I could become a singer, I was studying as an insurance.  When I was attending school in America, the friends I'd studied with entered medical school.  Instead, I came to Korea and became a singer."

She also surprised with her firm and understandable response to a question that was asked in order to get into John Hopkins University's medical program.  It was, "Must you treat an emergency patient who got hurt while trying to sexually assault a girl?"

She replied, "If Seungyeon as a human heard that, she would not be confident in offering equal treatment with composure," saying she was sensitive toward crimes committed against women.  

"I could lose my composure," she repeated.  "It would be hard to treat [him]."  She then made everyone laugh by saying, "After I get into John Hopkins University, I will study more after which I will try to make a decision after a longer period [of thinking]."

Seungyeon_1432845324_seungyeon.jpg

• Like 5

I don't know if these things are mistranslated or what, but one doesn't go from high school to medical school. (Ok, maybe there has been one supra-genius who did it, but >99% of the time one gets an undergraduate degree first.) My guess is she applied to John Hopkins for the undergraduate program, and was asked this question.

• Like 2

Haha,Glad to know SeungYeon had a dream to be a doctor,family of me are famous doctors in Kunming city,even China...had a long history,but I become a coder,then a small business person,because I hate the smelling of hospital when I was a little child...life in sometimes are interesting...Henry -:) 

Also say congratulations to Kara and S.Y. for the new excellent mini album's publishing...Henry -:)

Ham is a very intelligent person and I'mproud she has decided to pursue her dream as an idol instead of trying to become a doctor but I also know she would become a great doctor if she had taken this path back then. She is great and combine almost every things a woman need : beauty, talent, personnality and brain.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...