[Haradoll] Hara Solo Debut - ALOHARA (Can You Feel It?)

[News] [ 150715] Hara gives her thoughts on debuting as a solo act amidst top girl group comebacks

During her Naver Starcast interview on July 14, Hara talked about debuting solo, which is an especially noticeable act with all the top-notch girl groups making their comebacks this summer.

She said, "I felt burdened coming out as a solo [artist] in the girl group battle.  Rather than hoping for a huge hit, I cast aside a lot of my ambitions as I prepared for my music." Seems she took her debut with a large grain of salt and decided to just do her best rather than anxiously hope to make a huge splash - and it paid off!  She definitely earned herself more positive attention with her individualistic solo debut.  

Hara introduced her goals for this album, stating, "It's okay if it doesn't do well, but I hope that my good image radiates a bit more prettily."

[News] [150715] Hara talks about the songs off her debut solo album

Hara sat down for an interview with Naver Starcast on July 14 following her solo debut with 'Alohara' and "Choco Chip Cookies" where she revealed she wasn't seeking to go after a sexy vibe, but that was a natural concept to go for with the music.  

Regarding her song "How Is It?" which got banned for being inappropriate, she said, "I thought that the feeling matched the song, so I went along as is, but it got hung by the public TV deliberation.  Youngji did the rap part.  'How Is It?' was asking about preferences, but it got judged inappropriate, so Youngji had to redo the recording."

Regarding "Choco Chip Cookies," she said, "It is a bit sexy, but that's not what I was going for.  I directed it so that it matched the atmosphere of the song."

Regarding "La La La," she said, "The lyrics include a sexy woman whose ego rises as men look at her."  Jung Sang Hoon said, "When men look at women, the women laugh a lot." Hara said, "When I feel that men are looking at me, I become very conscious of it."

[News] [2015.07.18] Goo Hara “Of course I have burden doing solo.. I want to make expectation for next album”

Girl group KARA member, Goo hara expressed her burden in doing solo activity.

Goo Hara did her first stage for the title song ‘Choco Chip Cookie’ from her first mini album ‘ALOHARA’ on MBC Music Show Champion on the 15th. She expressed her inner thoughts “Of course I have great pressure on going on stage as a solo however I’m trying my best not to be bothered too much by that.”

The title song ‘Choco Chip Cookie (Feat. Giriboy)” is a R&B song with vintage composition and trendy beat. It depicts the image of a couple who make a soft choco chip cookie and share it together, it showcases Goo Hara’s sexy and pure voice with a great chemistry.

When asked her reason to choose ‘Choco Chip Cookie’ as her title song from her first solo ablum, Goo Hara explained “Actually, at first the title song was ‘Hara Goo’. However, there are parts from that song that similar with KARA image so I picked ‘Choco Chip Cookie’ to change that image.”

She asked what are the response to that and she answered with “There are some who like it and some who dislike it. There are fans who pity it and like it more if I release a dance song or a bright song. There are also some who saying ‘From the track list, ‘Hara Goo’ will be able to appeal more but why are you coming out with ‘Choco Chip Cookie’?. However I keep firmly pushing ‘Choco Chip Cookie’. If you keep listening to it, it’s a song that will get you hooked”.

Then, what kind of response that Goo Hara wants to gain from this album activity. She answered that rather than a ‘Big Success’, she wants to gain ‘Expectation’. Goo Hara expressed her desire by answering “Rather than wanting to get ‘She is a big success as a solo singer’ or ‘Goo Hara is a solo singer’ i want to give them expectation such as ‘Oh so you have this side of you’ or like ‘I’m looking forward to her next solo album’.”

[News] [150719] Goo Hara Talks About Her Tan + KARA Members’ Reaction to Her Solo Debut

KARA member Goo Hara recently talked about her new tanned look, as well as her fellow group members’ reactions to her making her solo debut.

On the July 18 broadcast of KBS’ “Entertainment Weekly,” Goo Hara sat down for an interview with the entertainment news program to share her thoughts on her debut as a solo artist.

She expressed, “I had a small desire to try solo promotions, so I challenged myself to it this time.”

During the interview, the reporter asked about her new look, to which Goo Hara explained, “I got a tan in order to show another side that’s different from what I’ve shown in KARA.”

When asked if the rest of the KARA members were jealous of her solo debut, Goo Hara answered, “No. Youngji did a rap featuring, Seungyeon took part in song-writing, and Gyuri helped plan the concept,” revealing that her group was very supportive of her solo activities.

• Like 1

[News] [2015.07.18] Goo Hara “Of course I have burden doing solo.. I want to make expectation for next album”

[News] [150719] Goo Hara Talks About Her Tan + KARA Members’ Reaction to Her Solo Debut

I always thought her song "hara goo" was title worthy cuz it was fun and bubbly, fits her personality (kind of gave a hyori you go girl feel) . But I love CCC as well so I'm not complaining and totally see why she chose it for a image change. glad all the members helped her with her debut too :)