[2015.07.31] DSP Media Decides to Take Legal Action Against Malicious Netizens

eliza.hara구1

i9ZWF63.jpg

Entertainment agency DSP Media, housing KARA, A-JAX, Rainbow, and more, has decided to take legal action against netizens who post negative comments.

On July 30, DSP Media wrote on its official homepage, “Recently, KARA, Rainbow, and other DSP Media artists have been truly hurt by negative comments, so we’ve decided to post an official statement.”

DSP Media continued, “Our artists have been hurt by false rumors and claims and it has also affected the artists’ families and close ones around them. We will track down these netizens who spread these malicious rumors and take legal action against them. We will also do our best so that hurtful comments no longer surface and no unfortunate events happen due to them.”

The agency hasn’t taken any actions against malicious netizens before, even though their artists have suffered because of them. However, these hurtful rumors have increased and crossed the line, so DSP Media finally decided to take action.

An affiliate of the agency stated, “We decided to take action because the netizens have taken it too far. We are currently monitoring all the comments. We hope this will be our first and last warning.”

What do you think about the agency’s decision?

• Like 10

Is this the new trend? SNSD's Taeyeon was reported to be doing just the same last week. And there was also some fan movement to hunt down people posting negative stuff about Girl's Day.

Not that taking actions is entirely wrong, but perhaps the best way would be to ignore those comments. Then again, I have no idea how widespread this thing is in Korea, and what kind of laws (if any) they have about moderating internet and so on.

I would agree that  DSP should take action on it,every company does because it's their responsibility to the artist but It's pretty childish that they would take legal actions towards those immature netizens,maybe those Knetz will love it more since they are famewhore.They just wanted attention that's why their commenting stuffs like that,LOL I don't know what I'm saying  :gemhuh: sorry  :gemdown:  

One thing is criticism, and another thing is the false rumors, insults and threats. I hope that the intentions of DSP Media does not escalate into "witch hunt."

It would be unfair to say only DSP artists are suffering from those comments. For any agency to take this measure, it must be the last resort. The most ideal approach is to educate all posters to be responsible. However in reality, this is not going to happen. To be precise, they can be found everywhere, in all countries. Hence if all "witches" are to be sacrificed in order to send out the signal, so be it.

Edited by red4summer
  • Like 1

So glad to hear this. Finally, DSP's artists get their justice. Poor them. Yes, we can comment anything but do not over the limit. I mean that can you imagine if people criticize you hardly and of course you feel bad about it. Good job DSP!