[2009.04.12] Visiting Kara at their Dormitory

Guest alison

Guest alison

20090413_kara_1.jpg

Kara managed to get their first-ever No.1 on their 707th day since their debut with Honey on 5th March. To celebrate their success, the 5-member girl group had a small home party recently. It was already past dinner-time (8pm) when I (reporter) reached Kara's dormitory. The girls had only just returned home following a tv performance. The maknae members, Ji Young and Nicole bought ingredients for the home party while they were on their way back.

20090413_kara_1.jpg

Singers turning into cooks as they gathered in the kitchen to prepare the food. Today's menu include cheese ddeokbokki (spicy rice cakes) by Hara and Ji Young while Nicole will make tuna kimbap. Hara hinted, "Our maknae has a lot of potential with cooking."

20090413_kara_2.jpg

She must be a princess who can eat like no tomorrow even though it's pretty late. It was a surprise to see Seung Yeon who has a small physique and yet wolfing down plate after plate of ddeokbokki. Seung Yeon explained, "I am always hungry because of our packed schedule. But all would be fine (stay slim) because we put in effort during practise."

20090413_kara_3.jpg

It's a ritual for Kara to be watching Boys Before Flowers. All 5 members would gather in front of the television once they finished their work. They pay extra attention because they are the only girl group to have a song on the drama's soundtrack and also because their sunbae, SS501's Kim Hyun Joong is in the drama. Gu Hara joked, "How we are going to spend our time when it (Boys Before Flowers) ends?"

20090413_kara_4.jpg

It's no surprise that this is a girls' domitory because of the numerous stuffed toys. Nicole said, "We love our stuffed toys very much and would love to carry all of them to sleep. But it's difficult (too many). It would be rather lonely without the stuffed toys."

20090413_kara_5.jpg

"This photo (her parents) and book were gifts from my parents. They taught me to be always humble and to become someone that's loved by everyone...", says Gyuri. Her treasures are thus the words that were written by her parents on the book and the photo of her parents. Gyuri said, "Whenever I find it difficult, I would always pick myself up again after seeing the photo and the words that my parents wrote for me."

20090413_goddess.jpg

All the gadgets are Seung Yeon's babies which goes to show how she loves her IT stuff. Just picture her collection which consists of 3 notebooks, mp3 player, psp, ps2, nintendo ds, etc, she has almost everything that a normal IT geek would have. Seung Yeon said, "I spend most of my money on buying IT stuff. I would start researching on the internet whenever a new product is released. I also have a couple of headphones/earphones, because you need different kinds for different genres of music. I don't have much interest in clothes, etc. But when it comes to gadgets, I can really get lost with them."

20090413_kara_hsy.jpg

"These are 2 of my favourite stuffed animals that have kept me company whenever I feel lonely", says Nicole. Tigger and the pig have kept Nicole company since the time when she was in America. Although fans have given her many stuffed toys as presents, these 2 stuffed animals have been with her the longest and are her most valued possessions. Nicole said, "Although there's a hole on the face of the pig, I can't bear to throw it away. When I did not know any Korean or felt lonely, they became my very best friends."

20090413_nicole.jpg

This is Gu Hara's personal magazine which was created by a fan and is only 1 of the many special presents that she has received. Hara explained, "The magazine content are all about me, the comics, interviews, snippets, etc. This Gu Hara's magazine is 1 of my biggest treasures. Whenever I meet with difficulties or feel down, I would think of my fans. And after flipping through my magazine, I would feel re-energized."

20090413_hara.jpg

Reading fan letters is a very enjoyable thing for Kara's maknae member, Kang Ji Young. It was thus no surprise to see fan letters neatly stacked together in a big box lying on Ji Young's table. Ji Young expressed while sitting on the table, "I would feel really happy when I start reading the letters." "Oh, oh, be careful not to dirty it (with snacks)!", which goes to show how much Ji Young treasure those letters. "I would feel very blissful, just snacks in one hand while reading the letters with the other. Hoho."

20090413_kangjiyoung.jpg

credit: Coolsmurf @ Allkpop

EDIT: (Last part of the article that wasn't translated)

Kara: Searching for their Boys-Over-Flowers-like Ideal Types

<Boys Over Flowers> departed. Kara could not send them off. Kara keeps an eye out for their ideal types that are like characters in <BOF>.

Han Seungyeon = Kim Hyunjoong's Manners + Koo Junpyo's Looks

"Hyunjoong Oppa's manners and the way he spends his heart makes him the ideal type for all girls. However, lately Koo Junpyo-like looks have slowly caught my eye."

Park Gyuri = Kim Hyunjoong's Looks and Heart

"SS501's leader Kim Hyunjoong Oppa is the best. Whether it's his appearance or his personality, it's all so handsome. I'm definitely not being biased just because we're from the same company. Haha"

Nicole = Kim Bum's Personality

"In the drama Kim Bum seemed so handsome and his personality was so great, too. In fact, although his personality is even better than his looks, I think both are so good for him."

Koo Hara = Koo Junpyo's Looks and Personality

"Not long ago when we went to see Hyunjoong Oppa at the filming site, Koo Junpyo, no Lee Minho was kind enough to let me take a picture of him. He's even more handsome and kind in real life."

Kang Jiyoung = Kim Hyunjoong

"(KHJ) himself was full of hurt, and yet he was concerned for Geum Jandi and Koo Junpyo. His warm heart that cared for others was so handsome."

Link: http://news.hankooki.com/lpage/sports/2009...07320291990.htm

Link by: Mae

Translated by: Tinggg @ KARAholic.com

Only redistribute with full credits! Do not add in or remove anything else!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOOOOW..

seungyeon !!! 3 LAPTOPS !!! .............

T_T.. i want one too...

AWWW. What touched me most was when maknae said that just reading fan letters would make her happy xD And WOW Seungyeon! 3 notebooks! Haha, she's so techie, I didn't know >< They all look so cozy there. JiNi looks adorable <33 Thanks for posting!

ommo~ HARA's FAN BOOK!

14669150.gifso cute. she still has it. wow.

so much respect for her.

Nicole cooking.[hara was next to her]

ah, i want to see her cook on IDOL SHOW.

[all of the members]

gosh, love her cute stuffed animals.

Gyul, just looks beautiful. i like how she always

thinking about her parents by looking at the

picture on hard times.

SY, loves Techs. same here. i collect as well.

wow never knew this. loves Jdramas especially

YAMAPI<333 love this girl.

Jiyoung, the cute maknae, keeps her

fan letters & treasure them<3333

she's def. Jjang!

Edited by monkee

Thanks! LOL jiyoung's funny. snacks on one hand, letters on the other :)

and seungyeon, WOW 3notebooks??T_T_TT_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T >.< holy cow plus a ds and psp. haha she's awesome ;)

ty for sharing

edit// IT'S THIS PICTURE HANGING ON JING'S CLOTHELINE!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/dark...e6d79f05534.jpg

^ At first I thought it was Nicole and Hara, thanks for the bigger pictures, anyway when was this picture taken?...I'm guessing it was when both of them made the cut into Kara? It's so wonderful that Jing had it up in her room, must be special ^^.

Gyul is really a good daughter... I want to see the pic of her parents..

SungYeonnie's addiction to gadgets hehehe... and I might say those are lots hehhe..

Maknae Cole's stuff toys, btw, is that Acon? the pig she's hugging??

Hara's gift from fans is sooo jjang! ggoch boda hara hehhe..

Maknae Young loves to read letters?? really?? wow! jjang..

they love watching Boys Over Flower eh heheh.. nice.. Maknae Cole, Kara's Chef, heheh.. cute~!

thanks for sharing..

aww Nicole likes personality more :D

i was surprised that sy finally turned her attention to JunPyo lol.. and Gyuri not being biased haha..

and surprised Jing picked Hyunjoong too haha

thanks tinggg :D

wow!

seungyeon has THREE laptops???

she must be wealthy! either that, or her parents really adore her that they're willing to get her anything! it's cool that she's an IT savvy girl!

the stuffed animals are adorable!

and they sure have loads of it! LOL!

it must be fun to hang out with your friends, eat & watch your favourite programme together!

thanks for sharing=)