[2015.08.18] Former KARA member Jiyoung reveals thoughts on her first 'sexy role' in Japan

eliza.hara구1

3BdkFBQ.jpgimage credit as tagged

Former KARA member Jiyoung, who is now putting her energy into her acting career, revealed how she felt about taking on her first sexy role for Japanese shonen film 'Assassination Classroom'. 

At the press conference on August 17 at Seoul Lotte Cinema World Tower, she stated, "This manga is incredibly popular in Japan and sold over 10,000,000 copies. I myself bought a copy of the series at a bookstore and read all ten books. It was so good. If you ask someone in Japan, there is no one who wouldn't know [this manga], so when I got an offer [to star in the live action film], I wholeheartedly agreed."

Jiyoung added, "I played the role of Irina Jelavic who carries out the mission with the students. It was my first time playing a sexy role, and because I was an assassin, I was a bit overwhelmed. I still had fun shooting [the movie]." 

Though the movie premiered back in March, it will hit the big screen in Korea this coming August 27. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason many thinks that the sexuality are the measure of maturity. As if that is the only criterion to prove that you are a good actor or performer. I would not want to Jiyoung forgot about other good features of her character!

Anyway, Jiyoung fighting!  :gemcheer: