[2015.09.12] KARA Wants to Perform on a Throwback Special With Girls’ Generation and Wonder Girls in the Future

eliza.hara구1

JYSwN2R.jpg

KARA recently participated in an interview with XSports News during which they reflected on their eight years as a band.

Regarding their ability to stay together over the past eight years, Park Gyuri commented, “I think just the fact that we [KARA] exists has meaning. We haven’t been around as long as our seniors Shinhwa or g.o.d, but don’t you think it’s been a while for a second generation idol [group]? I think our fans appreciate that we release something at least once a year, even if it’s just for an annual festival. I think it’s encouraging when people compliment our simple ability to stay sustain this.”

“I think loving the team and having an attachment to it allowed us to keep on until now,” member Goo Hara added. “Because we know the love we have received is big, regardless of whether it hard or whatever, we try to keep keep this going. It’s only possible because we are a group.”

Han Seungyeon chimed in, “I think it’s because we are passionate about what we want to do.”

Regarding what they’d like to do going forward, Han Seungyeon revealed her desire to participate in a throwback special with fellow girl groups Girls’ Generation and Wonder Girls. “It’s a thought I had recently while watching ‘Saturday Saturday Is a Singer‘ that I would like to do something like that 15 to 20 years down the road with peers who are active with us now. I want to go on stage with peers like Wonder Girls and Girls’ Generation and perform our past songs in a music show format. By that time, everyone will have gotten married and have children, and I think it would be fun.”

Park Gyuri quipped, “[The future] is not as far away as you think.”

• Like 6

My favorite three groups are Kara, Girls Generation, and T-ara.  I'd love to see all three together sometime.  Each group has some great songs that they are known for, and it would be fun to see all these together--especially if they all had fun by participating in the others' songs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...