[2015.11.09] DSP Denies Rumors of SoMin Joining KARA

Jappy

8Bqnb3S.jpg

DSP Media stated that the speculations about SoMin leaving April to join KARA are groundless.

DSP stated to Newsen on November 9, "The decision (to leave) was made after long conversations with SoMin. Our contract with So Min will remain as is. As a DSP artist, So Min and the company are deliberating her future plans together."

90mBbt5.jpg

8PT07GN.jpg

Since SoMin′s withdrawal from April was announced, some fans have been speculating that SoMin will be joining KARA and that a new member will be joining April. The agency rep addressed the rumors, saying "We have never considered such things. It′s not true at all."

Meanwhile, April′s agency, DSP Media, announced SoMin′s withdrawal from the group on its official website on November 9 and that April will be restructured as a five-member group. DSP stated, "We are letting you know that the company′s artist April will be restructured as a five-member group. As of today, April′s SoMin will be leaving the group and embarking on a new begining."

The agency continued, "SoMin had been thinking a lot about her path recently and after relaying these thoughts to the company, we spent plenty of time having discussions. After long deliberations between the company and SoMin, we decided to respect SoMin′s opinion and restructure the team."

April made its debut this year with mini album Dreaming.

Source: Mwave

What situation is KARA going through now?

Wow, I am behind. 

Renewing/not renewing contracts, except for Youngji, who has a different situation.

This happening the same time as Somin leaving April is were the rumors got started.

Personally I always thought Somin should be in Kara, so this might be as good an opportunity as any to get make her a member, either by adding a new member or by replacing a member who wouldn't be willing to extend a contract.

Then again, I'm not sure about Somin anymore. She used be very hardworking and pretty. Now that there's the whole issue of preparing for April debut over a year and then leaving after one month, and also the alleged plastic surgeries and all, I'm not so sure it would be beneficial for Kara to have her as a member.

• 4 weeks later...

Renewing/not renewing contracts, except for Youngji, who has a different situation.

This happening the same time as Somin leaving April is were the rumors got started.  

Personally I always thought Somin should be in Kara, so this might be as good an opportunity as any to get make her a member, either by adding a new member or by replacing a member who wouldn't be willing to extend a contract.  

Then again, I'm not sure about Somin anymore. She used be very hardworking and pretty. Now that there's the whole issue of preparing for April debut over a year and then leaving after one month, and also the alleged plastic surgeries and all, I'm not so sure it would be beneficial for Kara to have her as a member.

yeah I just heard about the contract renewal issue from some korea source...in my opinion I think it is okay even if the members wanted to leave so as to pursue their dreams just like jiyoung and nicole....they will always be part of KARA even if they no longer do activities together...because I feel bad that they have been contemplating whether or not to stay in DSP to salvage KARA...it could be that they are really suffering in the company...I don't know but I really do hope that they can get the freedom they deserve...

I pray for a good future for each member...Hara can go into MC career, Youngji for acting...they have potential for that...

as for Seungyeon and Gyuri, I hope they can get into a relationship...find true love because they deserve it..

I used to get really upset when the time has come for them to decide to renew or not....but now I'm cool about this because they are humans after all...so we should respect their decision even if it didnt go the way we wished it would :)