[2015.12.06] Kang Ji Young Opens Up About Acting Career and Missing Korea

Jappy

JiMZPE8.png

Former KARA member Kang Ji Young recently appeared on MBC’s “Section TV Entertainment Relay” to promote her new Japanese web film. The former idol left her girl group in 2014 after her contract expired to focus on her acting career and is currently living and working in Japan.

“I always miss Korea,” she says. “I miss the food that my mom makes. But since I chose this road, I don’t have any regrets. No matter what country I go to, I want to uphold the reputation of Koreans and live well.”

On her acting career, she says, “If it’s for a character, I can do anything. If I have to become a ballerina, I would practice hard.”

e5JvIQD.png

On being asked whether she could film a melodrama, she answers, “I’m an adult now. I would really like to work with Hwang Jung Min. It would be really exciting.”

Her new web film is about two friends (Kang Ji Young and Matsukaze Risaki) who encourage one another despite their separate struggles in Hong Kong and Japan. Kang Ji Young’s character is a Korean exchange student working to enter a prestigious film company in Hong Kong.

Source: Soompi

• Like 2

She technically did a melodrama when she did Secret Love am I right? Whatever she does and what the results came to be, I am sure she'll put her best efforts into it.

It was but that was just 2 eps ._. 

I think they meant a longer series with that genre.

Which would be nice~ 

I really didn't like JiYoung that much in Kara compared to other members, but those unreasonable people who still hates her from her radiostar issue years ago made me wanna cheer really hard for her. Hope she really gets big not only Japan but hopefully in Hollywood as well.. Actress JiYoung, Fighting! :gemhappy:

• 2 weeks later...