[2016.01.15] The Parting Of The 3 KARA Members From Their Agency Officially Announced

dubious

e5267bef61afe0ceb70a41cc4a503f7e.jpg

KARA’s Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara have parted from their agency DSP Media. As the three have withdrawn from KARA, it’s been seen as their actual disbandment.

On the 15th, DSP Media revealed, “As of January 15th, 2016, Gyuri Park, Seungyeon Han and Hara Goo’s exclusive contracts with DSP Media have terminated.” Subsequently, they added, “For the sake of each other’s development, they have ended their exclusive contracts while deciding to be active in other fields. The company wishes the girls unsparing support and happiness in their futures.”

Also, they explained regarding Youngji, “In order for her to show her best as an artist of the company in the future, we will do our very best to support Youngji’s growth.”

[Full text of DSP Media’s official announcement]

Hello, this is DSP Media.

For the past 9 years, having shared their joys and sorrows with the company as DSP Media artists, the exclusive contracts of Gyuri Park, Seungyeon Han and Hara Goo have ended as of January 15th, 2016.

While having continued together as DSP Media artists until recently, for the sake of each other’s development, Gyuri Park, Seungyeon Han and Hara Goo have ended their exclusive contracts while deciding to be active in other fields. The company wishes the girls unsparing support and happiness in their futures.

As for Youngji Heo, in order for her to show her best as an artist of the company and put in her best efforts in the future, we will do our very best to support Youngji Heo’s growth.

Lastly, we’d like to give a heartfelt thanks to the fans who have given unsparing support and love to Gyuri Park, Seungyeon Han and Hara Goo for the last 9 years. Please continue to give them your kind support.

Thank you very much.

d0f4b221f2aceaf3c5636ec9b3856218.jpg

Opted to put the original Korean message in spoilers due to the size.

Source: http://news.kstyle.com/article.ksn?articleNo=2036936 + KARA Japan Official Fanclub

Translation: dubious

• Like 9

Wow, I can't believe it, it really is the end of an era of K-pop. There's nothing wrong with that but it's my first time dealing with it, especially since Kara was one of my favorite artists. I remember the day I became invested in them, September 7, 2008. After watching their U-Go-Girl performance with Lee Hyori, I listened to their recent album which was their first mini-album. I fell in love with the release and instantly became a fan. Although I did lose interest in the group after Jiyoung and Nicole left (that's not the only reason why though), Kara is a girl group, along with the Wonder Girls and Girls' Generation, that have achieved and set records, and released hit songs such as Mister, Step, and other releases from Sweetune. To me, Kara is one of the iconic and legendary girl groups of K-pop. 9 years is a long run and I'm proud and thankful for all of the members, that includes Sunghee, Nicole, Jiyoung and Youngji.

Thank you Kara, I wish you all the best in the future and what you decide to pursue. ♥︎

• Like 1

Their legacy in Kpop can't ever be forgotten, The Hallyu would've been nothing but a splash without KARA.

Thank You KARA for all the joy, love and happiness for all these years.

Though we all feel sad right now let's not make this a sad day, our girls are all grown up, and are ready to pursue their hopes and dreams as strong individuals. I for one, will keep supporting all 6 of them no matter what. And I hope all Kamilia would feel the same. :-)

I'm devastating right now :gemcry: but I'd like to say #ThankYouKARA for bringing lots of happiness and strength  :gemflower:

It's not over. I always here~

Good luck for my love Seungyeon, my dear Goddess Gyuri, my baby doll Hara chan, I wish nothing but the best. And our little baby Young Ji, let's do our best together, you're talented and nice. Hopely future can be brighter for you  :gemheart:

This really sucks. For the past couple of years KARA was honestly the only group I was interested in. I love all the girls, past and present, and I'm gonna miss them so much.

I hope they all continue in entertainment separately (especially Seungyeon I hope to go on a solo career - bias talking, but she is an amazing singer) and I wish them all the luck in the world.

• Like 2

Well... its the end an era, the start of a legend. The greatest Korean girl group ever to grace Japan. Its a shame that they won't be together with new albums (and the Seungyeon x Hara otp)... but now to support them! It'll be tough, like Jiyoung said in multiple interviews, before she had the rest of her team members to help her out while on stage, but now she's all by herself up there.

I wish for them the best of luck and I really hope they're all successful. Let's go!

Sunghee, Gyuri, Seungyeon, Nicole, Hara, Jiyoung, and Youngji. The True Goddesses

• Like 2

An end to an amazing era..

But its like, I feel sad, but numb.. Must be me not knowing how to handle such moments even when it is long anticipated.

#thankyoukara

Will continue to listen to all the discography released, and reminisce on times past.
Hope that they will do well in the future and wish them all the best.

• Like 1

Wow, it's a sad day indeed. I've known these girls now for a long time. I'm into K pop because of them.

They are ALWAYS going to be in my heart, I will always be a Kamilia and will always love KARA.

Hasta siempre! My girls. 'till forever!

• Like 1

#ThankYouKARA 

I only know Kpop because of KARA, so thank you for introducing me to Kpop and for always forever being my favourite girl group :) We, KARA & Kamilia, have weathered some tough times regardless of when you became a fan, be it during the first member change/contract dispute/2nd member change, KARA has never had it easy. These girls have my utmost respect for the way they have always persevered no matter what happened. Today is not about ending, its about new beginnings. KARA will always be a part of Gyuri, Seungyeon & Hara (just as its part of Nicole,Jiyoung, Sunghee & Youngji) no matter what they go onto to. It's time for us Kamilias to support these girls in their careers :)

I am happy with their decision because I want them to tap their full potential and hope that with guidance & attention of their new agencies they will flourish. No sure if its ever possible, but I would love for them to be able to work together as a group or a collaboration :) Thank you KARA for all you have done!! I am & will always be a Kamilia <3 :)

Also, thank you KARAholic, staff, translators & everyone who has contributed with news & updates!!! As an English speaking Kamilia, I really appreciate all that you've done to help other Kamilias!! 

• Like 2

On one hand, we can look forward to the girls' future endeavors. Naturally as hard core fans, we support and hope them the best. 

On the other hand, we can also look back and admire and be proud of all that they have accomplished. Started out as the '2nd Fin.K.L', now newer groups are inspired to be the '2nd KARA'. To be huge hits in both Korea and Japan, KARA was and is still the unprecedented and inimitable miracle. Even after members leave the group, they continue to succeed individually in both regions. That's a testament that their influence is real and permanent, not just a flash in the pan.

(Not to mention KARA gave us the best gift to humanity, Han Seungyeon. :geminluv:  )

• Like 1

#Thankyoukara im very sad about this  :gemcry:  i only started getting into them but i will always love and support them forever<3 They are now legends They worked so hard and gave us everything  they got  i will miss the group very very much but i cant wait for what else they have in stores for us with the future.hara will always be my princess well all of them <3.I wish them nothing but happiness and love forever kamilia and will always be kara in my heart :gemheart:  :geminluv:   :harac6:

I'm hoping that Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara will release some sort of statement as well, but even if they don't, Kamilias will always remember the countless times that they thanked us and were grateful for our support.  Thank you, KARA, and I will always be grateful for the impact you've made on me.  Best wishes to all of you, live your dreams, and may you have lives filled with much joy, laughter, love and good health!  You will always be my favourite group! <3  And an enormous thank you to everyone at KARAHOLIC as well for your tremendous work, tireless effort and unforgettable content!  :gemheart:

Edited by vaw9t0
  • Like 1

.....as KARA grew as a group I was growing up too. I'm really thankful for this group & all of the members for adding more colors to my life before and I still hope for them do the same, even as individuals, in the future.

I honestly don't follow kpop anymore but I'm still trying to keep up with news about KARA as my favorite group every now & then. I'd be lying to say that I wasn't sad when Nicole & Jiyoung left the group, and I'd be lying to say that this news doesn't make me feel more sad. But I realize as I'm growing older the members are growing older too and they are free choose what they want to do with their lives. I know this kind of thing is bound to happen to any group, but seeing this happens to my favorite group, which has been part of my life for so long, makes me feel sad nonetheless.

I may have been absent in this forum for so long, but seeing this news makes me want to say something. I feel like I need to at least express my gratitude. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for KARA and Kamilia for giving me all those feels in the past years, thank you for the good music, good fun, good memories, and EVERYTHING. Thank you God KARA happened and thank you God I'm a Kamilia. I never regret being a Kamilia even for a second.

♥ ♥ ♥

• 3 weeks later...

good bye folks. see you all in 10 years for reunion (maybe)

i hope it would be as big or bigger than g.o.d reunion

but you all still there just not dancing and singing together again

I first knew of Kara back in 2010, but due to other real life obligations I was not able to follow post-Kara5. Reading this piece of news is really sad indeed, but I'm really grateful as well for everything KARA has given us. From Mister, to Step, to Mamma Mia.  

Hoping for the best for all girls! It's been a very good ride. Thanks for the awesome Kpop KARA!

Edited by tehplank
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

this still makes me sad, will gyuri ever sign with a company?

Edited by B.KS