Were you an immediate fan?

MiSS.GiRlli3

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha! i knew kara from invincible youth! at first i was watching for snsd! in incinvible youth hara had a few solo shots due to the immature jokes! haha! i really find her jokes funny! and at that time found out that she's pretty! then i went to look kara up! haha!!! and now a fan! woo!!! fighting!

My answer is NO!

My Story: :P

When I was still at my country of origin, at that time, I was starting to like Asian (specially korean) dramas. So I wen to Arirang's channel to look for some good kdramas to watch and found some! YAY! And that made me watch Arirang every night. But I didn't know the airing time/date of those dramas (one is a comedy). So I kept checking Arirang's channel, and tried to watch other t.v. programs on it. Then I always bumped onto this music t.v. program of theirs, and I don't really care of kpop before so I keep ignoring it. But when the time that I gave it a shot and tried listening to some kpop, my first MV that i watched is SNSD's 'Kissing You'. I thought at that time, "This is not bad.. Nice..". And so that's what makes me listen to some music at kpop, but I wasn't still a fan of kpop. At that time, whenever I bumped in to that t.v. program, I always gave a little bit of time to listen to some songs. And that's when and where I first heard

I would say I wasn't an immediate fan, since to begin with, I was actually more interested in SNSD than Kara. My first "contact" with Kara would be when a friend of mine pasted a link to Kara's Mister's live performance and told me to "watch those butts" (quoted in context).

The song didn't hit me at first, but it started getting catchy after listening for a while, and before I knew it...I was going through the Internet looking for information on both Kara and SNSD, and...well, here's where I am now. :thumbup1:

1 more for NO :D

this is my story: (lol)

i know about k-pop just recently, i think in mid 2009..

first what got me into kpop is Wonder Bang..

that time i didn't know much about KARA..

the first time i saw kara, when i watched 2pm idol show with KARA

but still didnt pay attention to them

next,my friends told me about gyuri's 'princess illness', and i didn't like her

also i read a lot of news bout them,like the butt dance,and kara bakery,but didn't care about it a little..

but the 2009 gayo daejun after watching all the performance i started to take a little attention to kara..

but what really hooked me is when gyuri & jiyoung doing heartbeat in simsimtapa..

usually i don't watch video cut like that,but that time i have nothing to do and i decide to try to watch it..

and i glad i watched it :D

jiyoung really makes me like her and made me want to know more about her..

then i try to find all about kara..their profile,members,performance,tv show..

and of course,they made me love them very much very quickly :D

now i really love KARA..

but i can't make a rank for them..

i didn't know who should i put in the last, because i love them all..

even gyuri,which at 1st i didn't like,but now i like her too :)

i'm surprised n kinda disappointed to see so many 'No's....

because it kinda shows how strong their first impressions are to the major crowd.

as for me.....it's quite a definite YES!!!

ok, here's my story.....

i first heard of Kara from my friend. we're always playing games at

Battle's forum (Battle is a Kpop group that debuted just a few months before Kara)

and my friend would always asks me question whether i know Kara or not, and whether i'm interested in checking them out. i was like wth is Kara? i had no idea.....when she said it's a girlgroup, i had a feeling i might dislike them after watching

Wonder Girls

n not impressed. but she persuaded me to try their music, so i did. first time i listened to their songs, i thought, 'ok, they sounded pretty cool, i already have good feelings abt them, i'm gonna check them out.' and i saw their pictures of winning rookies award of the month or something....and i thought...'okay, they look good!! lovin' their style. now that's what i call mature, stylish n tasteful.n that one girl is so omg beautiful, the rest are pretty n cute too..' and i decided to be a fan n join their first international forum back then. yet i still hadn't watch their performances, so i thought since i decided to be a fan, i should at least make some time to watch them. and the moment i saw one of their Break It perf, i knew it's definitely LOVE!!!! i fell in love hard with these awesome girls n immediately watch the other few perfs i had missed while i still hadn't known them.

i think my story can be considered as 'yes' rite? since i liked them the moment i heard their songs, liked them more the moment i saw their pictures, n totally loveeeeed them the moment i saw their perf. only after i become a fan i got to know their lovable personality and by then, it's already a win situation, i proved to myself that i have exceptional taste to love such an amazing group of girls. they are totally Jjang n i could never understand why they didn't get the attention n recognition they deserve. i tried other popular girlgroups as well, but mostly didn't make the cut into my list. Kara made it in so easily with their awesomeness..(ok, i know i should stop rambling....)

for a long time, Kara has been on top of my list, and i have a feeling they're there to stay. :D

Edited by sub

The first time i saw them was on TV while i was in Korea. They were playing the MV Rock your body. I was very amused by their accent then they said "Rock your bod...say" I was a bit weird but when i saw the MV on TV again it really caught my attention and I started to like the song. I was an immediate fan. When people were discussing which girl group was better they always compared SNSD and WG, but I would always insert KARA cause I felt they were the cutest group ^^

I was never interested in anything Asian until a little over a month ago (that'll happen when you grow up at a ski resort and live the freeskier lifestyle). I went on a trip with my cousins and one of them showed me the Kara butt dance while we were waiting to board at the airport. AND BAM! been hooked ever since. slowly expanding my horizons from just Kara and SNSD to now 4Minute.

When I first heard of Kara, it was when Pretty Girl came out. I heard it once, but it seemed like any other song, so I didn't listen to Kara again for a while. A couple months later, I gave Pretty Girl and Honey another listen, and was completely addicted to its catchy melody. Now I'm loving Kara <33

Yessss, I'm a fan since the start. I watched their debut stage in Inkigayo and I fell in love with them.And, I listenned their album and the love got bigger. I didn't expect to like a girl group so quickly. They're the first korean girl group that I liked. I couldn't stop from listenning 'Blooming'.

Sometimes it takes time, for me, to like a group; specially if it's a girl group. My favorites were Sunghee and Seungyeon. When Sunghee left the group I was so sad. But, I was going to wait for Kara. And the new Kara was a surprise. I was curious to know who were the new members. I liked Hara when I saw her in her audition. But, this new Kara had a big change in the image and I didn't know what to think about. So, I started to pay more attetion to SNSD. And the song 'Rock U' was a big turn off. I didn't like, but now I enjoy...I got used, it's not that bad. I listenned to the mini-album 'Rock U' and I thought 'it's not really really bad'. 'I shouldn't give up on them'. 'They're the same three girls that I fell in love', I told myself that XD .I should wait to see their works in the future, I knew they wouldn't be a dissapointment. When they came with 'Pretty Girl', I was full of antecipation. Because I wasn't sure if I was going to follow them. But, I really liked this song. And the mini-album too.

I'm a loyal Kamilian since 2007 and I'm glad that I gave them a chance. And I had no problem in accepting the new members. Why? I don't know, I liked Hara and Jiyoung when I first saw them. I knew that changes are necessary. Changes are not always bad.

Edited by Nanda

Nope. I first discovered KARA when Rock U was released. I saw the video and heard the song and immediately disliked it (still do). I was initially opposed to them because Rock U was a very... youthful, cute type of song and it was a bit too much for me. I didn't pay much attention to them until Pretty Girl was released and then I got hooked immediately after that. :D

I was a fan of 2pm, so I watched their idol show, and then the episode with Kara came up. Hara definately caught my eye, like WOAH. so I looked them up, I found "Break It", but didn't see Hara in it. Then I figured out that they both joined later on, so I started following Kara and looking up all of their songs.

Strangely addicting, and I never hated a single song.

i first became a fan watching them perform on mnet countdown. they were performing If U Wanna and thats when i became a fan. i downloaded the album straight away then i listened to it like nonstop for weeks haha. When sunghee left it was sad and yeah i wasnt really anticipating kara as much as before but now its all good :o even though i like the old kara better the new kara is still awesome and the members too hara and ji young :)

This is my story..

And i think that im kind of an immediate fan..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I only get into Kpop when i was 15 (last year) thru dancing..

That time..i only know Big Bang since im dancing to their songs..

Then i started to search for more bands..

Around July..I watch Music Bank for my first time..

And Kara show up..they're performing 'Wanna'

And i think that they're quite cute xD

So i started to search information about them..

And i came here..Join this forum..

I really like Kara..And yea..I dont like any other girl bands beside them xDD

KARA FOREVER xDD