Were you an immediate fan?

MiSS.GiRlli3

To be honest I wasn't really an immediate fan. I'm usually introduced to idol groups from their music and some of their earlier songs weren't my style. Then they released Mister and I loved it (especially the butt dance XD). I went back to their older songs and I realized that they weren't so bad. Since then I've been a KARA fan! :]

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Immediate fan here ~ well sort of, they were the first group I bothered looking up for information,

getting to know each members etc. ~ then became a fan.

Even now, while I may watch/listen to other groups, I only recognize myself as a Kara fan.

That's the difference in the the level of love I have for Kara

I can't really say that I loved them the first time I saw them because the first time I saw them was on an interview in KBS World. I can say that I loved them the second time I saw them because the second time I saw them was in the Lupin MV. Loved the song so I loved them. =]

I'm not really sure if I was an immediate fan. Maybe I was. Since I've never really payed attention or watch performances. The first time I actually payed full attention to a performance was the Dream Concert 2010 (yeah I'm late, I know). Before that, I've never seen them as a group perform or whatever. I've heard a lot about Nicole and Hara back then. I haven't seen them and how they looked like. Then I saw Hara. I thought "wow she's pretty" but that was it. I mean, don't get me wrong, Hara's so freakin pretty and I love her to death, but at that time it was just a normal, plain old feeling.

And that was when I saw Seungyeon... oh man. Her cuteness/prettiness struck me... hard. I usually am affected more by cuteness than prettiness. That's why it didn't really hit me with Hara when I first saw her. That's when I wanted to kinda "follow" Seungyeon and know more about her. When I saw the Dream Concert performances, I started liking Kara as a group. That's when everything began for me. So I owe it all to Hammie <3

But going back a few months from now when I was sooo in to f(x), I would never have guessed that I would be a Kamilia now. I would never have guessed that I would eventually love these 5 girls to death.

By no means. Haha after schoolwork got more intense, I fell behind in my kpop (circa 2005-6), and by the time KARA debuted, I only watched the music shows once a month or so, back when my parents actually borrowed video tapes from rental stores. When I saw them debut as the next FinKL, I was so disgusted that I deliberately avoided them. I saw Seungyeon a couple times in shows and thought she acted so cute, but didn't realize she was from KARA. Fastforward mid-2009, I saw the Wanna MV and once again, abhorred them, thinking they were talentless pop "stars" who couldn't actually sing. But then I noticed SY was in there, so I looked them up and found out they were actually really talented, so I began to like them a bit more (although they still weren't that great for me). After being exposed to them more and more, though, I actually started to like them a lot. Then I found out that they were the same KARA from 2007, with the difference of 3 members. I listened to their older songs and fell in love with them. :] I still think Wanna was a terrible title song for the album, almost every other song on it was better IMO T~T

Also, the fact that the group had no lead singer kind of bothered me, but not so much anymore :]

no..i got to know kara around may 2010!

lol thats crazy,because back then in 2009 i was a sone and im really blind about other girlgroups,

i dont care bout kara,2ne1,fx,and so on, its all about soshi

one day my friend gave me the lupin MV, guess what? i'd immediately close that mv and switch it to soshi's

hahaha im crazy huh?

okayy..and then one day i'd listen to Lupin, i was like,"hmm its good." but back then i didnt realize the singer was kara

unconciously, i looped the song over and over, hahaha, im really into lupin!

**that was around run devil run days

after a week full of kara in my ears, id throw lupin away and then back to soshi again, idk what happened to me, but i was like,"wth soshi..9 members with 9 different news, it tires me so much to catch up on the latest."

i was planning to abandon soshi for a while, searching for a new girlgroup

i'd remember lupin that day! so im trying to find the MV in YT, guess what, after watched it for 1,2times

IM REALLY CRAZY ABOUT THIS GROUP!!

so its 'kara'. im starting to find more and more MV about them, and then i ended up watching all of their MVs, my fav was we're with you that time.

im trying to find a thread about kara, and finally found it on one of my country's biggest forum

starting to learn their history, memorizing their faces and names, hear all of their songs, and ended up here in kh

it was around may 2010 when i'd start to learn about kara.

after 2 months learning about them, their struggles, their latest news, i decided to post and join you all here in kh

hahahah, i was over-active here at first, i dunno where to start, so i suscribed all of the pinned threads and trying to fit in. thanks to you guys, now i have my own blog about kara. :D

lol that was long~ =_= hahahaha

i was not an immediate fan. I was actually watching a SNSD performance, and right after that Kara was performing Wanna. I later got curious and searched around and watch some performances of Mister. I guess at that time I was too fixated and was more familiar with SNSD, so i didnt really pay much attention to Kara.

It was probably during Lupin's debut that they really got my attention. I thought their darker concept was rather unique, the MV was interesting, and the song was fairly catchy (without being just repeating the same word(s) over and over like other songs). It was probably after Seungyeon's accident during a Lupin performance (she tripped and fell, but kept performing afterwards) that i thought she was a strong and dedicated artist, and that's pretty much the time when i began to appreciate the group and their hardwork. Started watching some of their variety shows to learn more about each member, and whenever they talk about their experiences, I really have that feeling that they genuinely worked hard and cherished what they have at this moment. I dont know them personally, but compared to some of the other groups, i get the feeling that they're more practical and down-to-earth, which to me, is what makes a group lovable.

this is a awesome thread.lol.

My answer is YES. am i one of the few? lol

i watched Lupin and i fell in love with them, i was thinking how can a pretty girl group bring out such coolness?

all of them are so pretty! seriously all,

den i went to watch all their old mv, all the mv songs are so nice and its very different from the other girl band type as well.

i like sunghee very much. but too bad she left the group.

it will be a really powerful group if she havent left at all, of cox with hara and jiyoung included as well. haha.

Well .. No .. I Like SuperJunior 1st .. BUT THEN .. The smallest Waist girl caught my eyes ! hehe = :P

And tats wen i really into KARA .. Everyday searching news about them .. And now Big fans of KARA ! especially my little Hara :wub::P

great topic idea :)

it was pretty interesting to think back, even though I haven't been into Kara for that long at all, haha.

I only discovered K-pop earlier this year, and my life has changed a lot. well after becoming interested, I remember searching for K-pop music videos on YouTube... when I saw Kara and searched them, the first thing I watched was the video for 'Wanna'... that was ages back, and I'm not really sure why I never really got into them. then a couple of weeks ago a friend of mine mentioned Kara, and I decided to have a look at them again. this time I watched their music videos for 'Mister' and 'Lupin' as well... and what really made me want to find out more was Seungyeon, haha. I thought she was amazingly pretty ;D

so I went searching and discovering more about Kara, and here I am now 8]

Edited by asdfJordan

interesting thread :)

i was first became the fan of Kara because i like Park Gyuri so much. i saw her on Star Golden bell once and had this thought that the way she thinks about things is just out of the box and goes the same way as my way of thinking. i even wondered if she's my twins or not, hahaha.

everytime she tell something everyone in the variety shows was like confused but i got how she think perfectly :) that's how i admire Gyuri until now. i don't really like girl groups beside Brown Eyed Girls before, but then i like Gyuri and i became a fan of Kara since then.

Well, in the beginning I was a SNSD fan, and I watched a SGB episode where SHINee, KARA, SNSD and 2PM appeared, and KARA performed Wanna. In the beginning I was just thinking the song was so catchy and I began to listen to KARA more and more, and now I love them <3<3

I'm not an intermediate fan. First south korean singer I was into was BoA. Then i trampled into other singer groups that performed in the same music shows and through different artists/singers and I landed upon Kara when they sung Honey live. Nicole and Seungyeon got my attention at first, then after a while the entire group just grows on you and I then became a fan of the entire group with bias to nicole of course :3.

I wasn't an immediate fan.

I first discovered them when I clicked through recommended videos by youtube... and the first music video I saw of them was of the song 'Break It'. I thought it was pretty good, but wasn't too interested to go check out their other songs.

There was another time where I somehow searched through Kara videos on youtube and I found a special stage performance of them with Hyori. I thought it was really worth watching.

After that time, I heard of their news that Sunghee had to leave their group and they were preparing for a comeback with 2 new members and I was looking forward to check out what their songs may be like... and that was when they came back with the song 'Rock U'. 'Rock U' was alright, but I thought the music video was kinda girly in some way (was expecting a more bold image of them -- like in the 'Break It' days-- didn't really dig the cutesy image =\ ) but I watched a couple of their performances for that song on the music shows, including the Music Bank goodbye stage and thought they looked cute.

After 'Rock U', I didn't check out anymore of their stuff... until 'Mister' came out.

When I first saw one of the MUsic Bank performances for 'Mister', I instantly got hooked onto that song.. and that's when I went to check out more of their stuff and became their fan.