Were you an immediate fan?

MiSS.GiRlli3

I became a fan when I first heard a little bit of their Mister song in a video of a popular youtuber called "Mychonny".

The "lalalalala" part caught my ears and I had to listen to the full song and so I searched on youtube for it. After seeing the famous and amazing butt dance I was treated with more than just a catchy song and loved them since haha!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know who they were so I couldn't have been an immediate fan! I did have a good first impression though.

My first time ever seeing KARA? Back when I had Korean TV channels I saw a performance of Honey on a music program. I switched over to it during Nicole's rap and I was surprised to see her rapping in English. I watched it for a while but since I didn't know who any of the girls were I just kept on trying to look for another show to watch. Haha. During that time I only knew about two or three idol groups. Then I discovered Allkpop and noticed KARA once again. 'Eh? It's the group with the English rapper?' Then I looked them up on YT and from that point on I became a fan because their songs were catchy and they were all beautiful and charming. I still remember that day I saw Nicole and now I think to myself, "I can never imagine not recognizing Cole now." Haha (:

My answer is no. In fact I was SNSD's fan. One day I was watching SNSD in golden starbell. There was a the voting of who's your ideal girl. Every guy choose Yoona and the MC ask Gyuri how did she feel. I felt a little bad as I think Gyuri is beautiful. But then her answer suprise me. I can't believe she answered it so well but saying she don't get hurt because 8 out of all korea guys don't like her. Since then, I start searching about Gyuri and KARA. The goddess charm is so great that I can't even resist. I love her honesty and confidence.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha no! Back in 2008 when Honey came out along with SNSD's Gee, I chose Gee over Honey. I never knew Kara until like 2 years later when my cousin introduced me to them. Even my cousin introduced them to me, I payed no attention to Kara because I was kinda into SNSD more. But when the KMF came along, right after I fell in love with Jing because of my Fanfic. When I fell in love with Jing, I checked out Kara more often and got to where I am today! I PROUD TO BE KAMILIA!!

YES

Literally over this summer, I was bored before I went to bed so I went surfing on youtube. I watched most of the interesting videos on the "Today's Most Viewed", so I started clicking videos that looked cool. I was clicking around till I got towards halfway down on the list (of 75 or 50 videos?) and it said [M/V] Mister. I knew that MV meant music video so I thought maybe it was something new I missed. Turns out it was something totally new. I've grown up in America, but my parents are native Pakistani's who lived in Canada from the late 70's until the 80s when they moved to the US. So I listen to mainly listen to English songs with an occasional Indian, Pakistani, Punjabi, or Sindhi track. This was something completely new. I had no clue what they were saying, and frankly I didn't care; all i needed was that beat paired with the butt-dance and I was hooked. So I searched "Kara" and the first video I got was "Wanna". Initial reaction: "Where have Koreans been this whole time?". So pretty and their voices so clear. When I looked up the subbed versions - I was sold.They made more sense that what we've got on the radio's now and the lyrics had more depth and variation. My favorite now is "If you Wanna" mainly because of Sunghee's vocal "dominance".

While I was tune in the music bank and seeing them performing Pretty, I feel ok but they were not giving me much deep impression as I thought that time Christmas just around the corner and I thought it was due to my holiday mood and so I was not so annoying with their repeat.

After that, honey showed up and they performed live on Music Bank and then I said ok, is them again and search the MV on youtube. After watching it, I started to have interest on them and then until now, my interest on them is still there! hehe

And so, I;m not immediate fan hehe

the answer is no!

i'm not an immediate fan

i've been around for sometimes,but i've been to preoccupied with SNSD

thanks to my friend and lupin MV

from then on i've been downloading their MV's

and after watching Rock U and mister,i was like whoa!

and now i'm a fan!!!

I am a BoA fan and while watching some youtube videos I ran into the one where Kara performed "My Name" and became a fan almost instantly. At first I only liked them cause they were hot(sorry for being a guy :sweatdrop: ), but after seeing a lot of videos on them I like them more for there personality. So now I'm a BoA and Kara fan hehe.

Hahah so many intense stories I wasn't an immediate fan myself I kept telling myself oh their just another girl group and kara was always not even in my range of interest but it was a baseless claim on my behalf i started listening to their music and their variety shows which collided with snsd shows i was currently watching :D and i gained a like for kara overtime and now i love them! :D :D

Not really. I first saw them on youtube, so i was bored one day and looked at the most popular music videos. And KARA's Pretty Girl was there, so i watched it cause they all looked so cute and pretty :3 at first i thought they were Jap. I favourited the video and tried to downlaod the song but then i kinda forgot about it for a while. Then i went to Vietnam and saw some KPOP videos and yeah, then when i cam back to Brisbane i browsed through some kpop, i was a Wonder Girl's fan first though then i found KARA again. <3

Now they are my ultimate bias. ^^

i stumbled into k-pop because of snsd ..i had the gee fever lol..then some of the snsd's members occasionally mentioned about kara and i was wondering who's that..so i did my research and voila!lol..im still their fan but kara's songs sound more appealing to me..i dont know why..maybe the genre?im not sure..but it's really nice to know that these two groups are BFF with each other :wub:

I've only been in KPOP for around 2 years...And on my first year I didn't even know them

until they released Mister. Well, I wasn't really interested in girl groups at that time

although I knew SNSD and WG etc (the more established ones during those period). I was into

SS501 back then (til now of course) and I read an article and saw videos of Kyu Jong with

KARA. I searched videos of them and I remember watching Mister for the first time. It was

so catchy and I immediately became a fan.