Were you an immediate fan?

MiSS.GiRlli3

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Nice story..Lmao:] My story was a bit similuar to that..Wait..actually naww..

it went like this:

So my sister ordered Kara's first album when there was only 4 of them..So i looked at the cover of the album i was like..What?! Why is these girls coming now? Isnt kpop too full already(?) *LOL sorry that was when i was young and didnt pay much attention to kpop*,So then i looked at all the kara members and notice..Seungyeon..Ahhh~ she was so cute~<3 But i just commented.."Okay then w/e" But then thier next album came..Oh i became a freak i was like.."Oh i know these peoples!" But then i forgot about them again and my SEUNGYEON<3 Then a couple years later."LUPIN" Came and i was like..Yeah that's kara..and then..I SAW MY SEUNGYEON AGAIN! Hehe i was like...This time i wont forget my unnies..So i joined karaholics to be forever with them..Hehe yeah:] Without Seungyeon i wouldnt be here ^___^'

Yes! I fell in love with them the moment I saw them. ^^

It was really weird actually. I was listening to metal music. (Actually I still am! But I also listen to K-pop and most of my friends find it really weird.) I was subscribed to a cosplayer girl's channel on YouTube. I saw she made a cover of a song named "Wanna". I listened to it, and the day after, at school I find myself singing it over and over again. I was thinking "What is wrong with me? I'm singing pop music, haha." But I just couldn't get it out of my head and when I came back home I searched for the real artists and the MV was there. I fell in love with it! Their cute images, their dances, the song (obviously ^^), I fell in love with all of them. And that day was the day my KARA and K-pop adventure has started.

I'd have to tell you my story about how I came across KARA in order for you to believe me.

First of all I am not Korean nor do I speak/understand a word of it, however I do watch Korean dramas with eng subs. Earlier this year I was watching a K-drama on a youtube channel which had it set so that when you went to their channel the video automatically played. This video was Lupin by KARA. So I would hear it for a few seconds every time I went to their channel to continue watching BOF. After awhile I realized that I really liked the beat of it and it thought it was very catchy despite not knowing what they were saying.

I eventually finished watching the drama but still wanted to hear the song but forgot what youtube channel it was on, so then I searched Lupin KARA on youtube. I came across their MVs, interviews, etc. Thanks to the eng subs (most were provided by the KARAholic team, thank you!) I was able to see their personalities and see how they grew through the years.

KARA reminds me of Destiny's Child, they worked really hard so that people would take them seriously and see that they were not just another girl group. I admire that about them. They were on the rise in kpop when their group was dismantled and they had to look for new members. They went through all the struggles again except this time they were constantly criticized and compared to the old KARA. Yet they persevered, held their heads high and kept doing what they had to do. Went on many variety shows, hosted radio shows and were finally able to see all their hard work start to payoff with the success of Pretty Girl.

I just really admire their dedication and it was hard not to become a fan of that.

Edited by BabyGirl

• 1 month later...

it's not i didn't like them that time

but i just want to see the butt dance that Hara showed in Invincible Youth

the more i see the dance, the more i like it

the more i hear the song, the more i like it

then i started to like the member , especially Seungyeon

Edited by pangdo

A friend introduced me to the K-pop scene particularly SNSD. At that time I didn't know that Kara even exist and I only listen to SNSD and Big Bang songs. But one time came when I was watching tvN, a korean channel that has english subs and they have a show called tvN FM that plays K-pop MV's, a KARA song "We're With You" was played and I immediately became a fan especially to Gyuri *GOD that girl is so pretty OMG* pops up in my head while watching it. So now I'm a proud to be Kamilia. I LOVE KARA! :D

at first, i don't really like any kpop girl group. i prefer kpop male group.

(well, opposite attraction i guess :sweatdrop: )

but after i saw gyuri in one of her variety show, i really fell in love with this girl!

love her beauty, her confidence and her wittiness.

so i decide to look up more about her and KARA.

and now KARA has always been on my top of the list.

KARA jjang!!

i start to like kara when Rock U, i just love how nicole scream..hehehhe... they were so cute n at that time i totally hate jiyoung the most but now she began to be the third one, still gyuri is the first... i dont realize how much i like them until now dont anyone day to say anything bad about them..hheheh

well...

one day, i came home and my sister was like, "watch this!" and i agreed. by the way, we were watching 'pretty girl'. anyway, when i first watched it, i was a bit confused. you know, like you always are when you watch something new for the first time and you get confused with the members and stuff. anyway, me and my sister weren't immediate fans, but we did get a bit interested in them. so then we watched the SHINee/KARA performance, although we were mostly watching SHINee, not KARA. but since we knew who they were, we watched it a couple more times and watched them instead. so we got even more interested in them. so when the 'honey' mv came out, we were pretty interested in them, we knew most of their names and who was the leader, who was the youngest and stuff like that. but when we watched the mv, we were a bit...disappointed? i'm not sure whether we were disappointed with the fact that it wasn't what we expected or something, but our interest in them went down. but one day we were talking with our friends about them, since i knew mostly everything about them, i was talking and talking about them, and suddenly i was REALLY interested in them. my sister was kind of interested. anyway, then i started listening to more of their music, watching more shows they were on, watching more mvs and learning more about them!

that's it. pretty long, and i don't see why anyone would read this, i wouldn't.

so that's my story!

@KaKiKu were u watching SGB that time?

cause that's wat happened to me too lol. i was looking up SNSD shows on youtube, and thr's this ep where 2pm, SHINee, SNSD and kara all appeared on the same show. then gyuri caught my eye, and i eventually liked kara. but then it was hara who stole my heart hahaha (;

• 3 weeks later...

well first time i listen to kara i just ignore it.

i only love j-pop back-then.

i have a friend that likes k-pop (2pm) very much (quite annoying at K-pop that time)

One Day An Accident felt at my friend he fall from his motorcycle

(absent for 2 weeks at school) i started to miss him (don't know his house)

i try to heard kpop song and walllaaaaaa I'm a Kpop Fans. at that time i only focused on SNSD but after a while now i LOVE KARA MORE... AND MORE... after listen to

MISTER (JAPAN ver. MV) i became KAMILIA since then i heard all KARA SONGs AND 95%

i like almost all KARA Songs compare to SNSD only 75%.

:rolleyes:

I'm not an immediate fan.. :)

The first time I saw KARA, I just thought 'Hmm.. This group is pretty cool!'. But, I don't really care about them, because in K-Pop I only focused on SNSD. Then, I saw them again in Come to Play with SNSD & KARA. And Gyuri catch my eyes :D So, I started to search their performances,etc. But then I got bored, and stopped searching about them.. >_<

But, after I watched IY, I started to like KARA again because of Hara.. :D

Hehe.. That's my story.. ^^

i watched SGB and loved nicole's section on it, then i saw her on FO and fell in love, so i started to listen to their music. and rewatched some episodes of SGB and realized the other members were on the ones i had seen. i'm a little late in terms of variety - i watched the running man episode with goo hara, which made me get into invincible and watching hara goo and the girls on there. really grateful for korean variety shows haha

I've been a secret admirer of Kara since the first time I've known about them. Compared to other Korean groups, of which there are many, Kara is the only group to ever have captured my full interest.

Here's my full story. I've only been sucked into Korean entertainment since June 2010 when my brother showed us several episodes of Family Outing season 1. It was the funniest and most entertaining thing I've watched in a long time (seriously, American TV and movies have done nothing for me the last few years.) So I started to watch FO from the beginning; I admit the main reason was Hyori. Anyway, there had been several female idols that had appeared on FO. Out of all of them, only Tiffany and Nicole held my interest. Actually, I thought Jiyoung was really cute, too. But they were all removed to the back of my mind as I started to invest my time into getting to know more about Hyori.

For the next few months I discovered pretty much everything about Hyori. Now I have the free time to get to know more about another celebrity or group. Who would become my next project? My top choices were between Tiffany/SNSD and Nicole(+Jiyoung)/Kara. SNSD has too many members--it would be confusing to distinguish between them, to get to know them all, and they didn't really interest me besides Tiffany. Moreover, I didn't think their songs and dancing and choreography were that great. On the other hand, from rewatching FO so many times, the only idol song to get stuck in my head was Kara's Mister and their infamous butt dance. Then I looked up some of their other songs such as Honey and Lupin. I thought their songs and dances were quite catchy compared to other idol groups. But probably more importantly, all the members of Kara are very attractive.

In short, it was just a matter of time that I become an official fan of Kara.

It was the funniest and most entertaining thing I've watched in a long time (seriously, American TV and movies have done nothing for me the last few years.) So I started to watch FO from the beginning; I admit the main reason was Hyori. Anyway, there had been several female idols that had appeared on FO. Out of all of them, only Tiffany and Nicole held my interest.

yeah same thing goes for me! i have all the episodes of FO, and the one i watch the most is the tiff/nicole eps. nicole was funny when they were making makgeolli, and hyori was hilarious during the skating game.

Uhmm~!!

To be honest, I didn't fall for them in an instant.

A friend of mine kept sending me videos of KARA (when I was still a hardcore fan of soshi)

I mean really, that time SNSD was the only group I knew.

But I got amused with their "butt dance", then Lupin was released.

Boom! After that I realized that I'm starting to be a KAMILIA. ^^

yes!!! i was!!! at that time i was new in k-pop.. i only knew SNSD.. then my frend told me about another girls grup..KARA.. then i said ''huh??? KARA??''? then my frend with brute force :tongue: hehe, forcing me to hear a song called Mister.. i thought that there is no way they are better than SNSD.. then!!! LALALALA...LALALALALALA... LALALALALALA... with a very2 funky music.. at that time, i said "wow!! its great!" then after that i saw their music video.. and that made me an immediate fan.. now KARA forever!!! i knew KARA after Sunghee left, so i dont really know her.. sorry.. :( but.. the funny thing is that its deja vu all over again.. it happen to my frends.. and i'm the the one who introduce KARA to them, and to my suprised.. they are also an immediate fan all because of Mister.. wow!! this song is the song that can make your butt moving by itself,, how do i know?? put on the Mister song and see for yourselves!! :D

Edited by skysaber23

Like a lot of people here, I didn't pick up on KARA at first. To be honest I barely followed K-Pop, especially girl groups. But after seeing the members on different shows, they slowly changed my opinion so here I am :D