Were you an immediate fan?

MiSS.GiRlli3

So I'm just wondering. Did you fall in love with KARA the first moment that you see them? Whether it is on show or performance.

And what make you fall in love with them or vice versa? and if you didn't like them at first what make you like them now?

----------

Here's my story

I think the first time I know KARA is the special Stage with Hyori [i was just watching for Hyori]. And no, I wasn't an immediate fan... not at all... at first I didn't like them a lot. And believe it or not.. lol well as you might notice I'm a big Ham fan but ... the reason I didn't KARA the first time I see them IS because of Seungyeon T T shame... when it was her turn to sing in the Break It performance.. she got the most scream.. and I was like, 'Wat's so special about this girl tat she get so much scream? gosh she's so skinny and has no volume at all' lol ...i know rite? so I didn't even bother look them up...

But then If You Wanna! I fell in love with that song!! Like totally fallen in love... and I started to like SY a lil better.. [PS. I didn't have a special feeling to any of the member but I just have that love and hate feeling toward SY...] and I became fan w/ Secret World and finally fall in love w/ our ham~ but I was a little too late since by the time I became fan ..Sunghee left... but still I decided to find out more about them watching all the selca and interview and decided to wait for them

AND now I'm one of the biggest fan ! and who would've thought that now Seungyeon is my favorite girl!

now your turn to share your story~

Edited by MiSS.GiRlli3

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol interesting!

i actually didn't like sy in the beginning either

just got this bad vibe from her, but that's going away now xD

When I first heard Break It I loved it so I got their album but didn't really listen to it..., plus at the time Tell Me came and I got sucked into the craze. Then one day I went back to my kara cd (this was a bit before their comeback when i found out sunghee left) and fell in love with all their songs, and wondered to myself why this cd did so poorly!

then rock u came out and at first i hated it, then bam... I rocked my body like she said :lol:

So I wasn't an immediate fan, but better late than never D:

the answer is NO. :lol:..

i didn't know much about Korean Music.. i was paying attention to Big Bang during that time :(

but i some how got to Soompi and was looking through the music forum and then I saw KARA and loved their tomboy/kick your butt style. i always had this preconceived idea that Korean girls were just super skinny, pretty, and seemed helpless :D but these girls weren't helpless lol.. and the more i learned about them the more i appreciated them and their music. I liked that they were loud and outspoken and vulnerable too :).. so then i think I really become a true fan during the whole depressing end of 2007..XD.. then i was hooked and have been ever since :D.. i think KARA's the kind of group where the more you learn about them the more you can appreciate them though, so they might not have immediate fans right away..

I'd have to echo the chorus of "no" responses here.

The first time I saw Kara was the "If U Wanna" vid. A couple of you mentioned the bad vibe you got from SY, but as a guy, I really don't see the bad vibe. I did see, however, that in the music video there was this one kid who looked like she was freaking 5 years old. My first impression was "Oh my goodness....is this what Kpop has turned to?" Their first performance of If U Wanna was also really iffy, and I'm just like, "wow....these girls are going nowhere."

Then I got a hold of their debut album one day. I listened to Break It and Secret World, and yeah. The music and performances of those two songs pretty much explain themselves.

Hmm, nope I wasn't an immediate fan. I didn't really know them from before and I was a bit annoyed by they're Pretty Girl song for a little while. But then when I went on Allkpop, there was this one blog tribute for Kim Sung Hee so I read that. At the bottom of the page, there was the If U Wanna MV so I watched it and I fell in love with the song. x] Then I watched more of Sung Hee's video and I was amazed by her voice and that how I became to be a Kara fan. Lol. Its all because to Sung Hee unnie. x] It sucks that I started being a fan when she wasn't part of the group anymore, but yeah. I like them now. Lol.

when i first saw them, i got interested with them..xD

i was a fan of snsd then i saw on yt snsd vs. kara..

but it was just pics and their song..

when i saw kara's pictures with their song 'if you wanna', i got interested with them because i think gyuri's pretty 8D

i did research and dL all of their songs..xD

and got addicted to them 8D

i was sad when sunghee left but i think once a fan will always be a fan..

now i still love them even the new members 8D

kara~♥

My answer: NO.

Absolutely not. rofl. I first heard of them by their song 'Don't be shy' and I'm not gonna lie, my corrupted mind got me listening to the song. At first, I didn't like the song one bit. But after listening to it over and over again, I finally admitted defeat lol but at that time, I only liked SungHee. I felt like that others weren't anything special so I only focused on SungHee. But then the news of SungHee leaving the group left me devastated and at that time, I was reaaaally pissed off so I kinda said something like I won't like Kara and their new members. something like that. And when they came back with Rock You, I was like wtf. the worst song ever. And believe it or not, I hated Hara the most. I was actually mad cause she seemed to be getting a lot of attention .. but being a super junior fan, I was watching the episode when Hara and Seungyeon guest starred in and I fell in love with Hara's personality. And I started to search more about her and found this forum! And eventually, I started liking them all, of course Hara and Sung Hee will always be my #1 <3

When I first saw them, I loved them. I watched their debut performance and became a fan. Their style was just so cool. It also helped that Sunghee's vocals was freaking amazing and the dance was hot too.

I didn't dislike a member, but back in those days, Nicole didn't stand out much to me. I really overlooked her a lot.

Nope, not at all.

I remember listening to "Rock U" and watching the music video and going, "what in the world...? The chorus is the most annoying thing I've ever heard." And I remember that I didn't like the music video much, either D: But lol yeah. I kind of went on my merry way and planned on never listening to KARA's music again. BUT THEN, I was watching We Got Married. Back then, WGM wasn't the epic fail it is now. It was actually really cool and fun to watch and everyone was watching it and spazzing over the ant couple (lol my favorite <3) and stuff. And then I saw KARA, and I was like, "oh, it's those girls with that insanely annoying song >.>" but then when the Ant Couple gave them the egg/album thing, they were SOO CUTE! haha I loved how enthusiastic and genuine they seemed, so I checked them out on the kara soompi thread and was linked to kh. And somehow, I became a fan. haha (:

I love them all to bits and pieces now. All the girls are so talented and upbeat and so aliveeee haha <3 Something about them just keeps me a KARA fan (: love love loveee.

Nah, not really. Interestingly, I actually got to know Kara's music without knowing who the girls are or what they even looked like.

I had downloaded "First Blooming" on some music website and had the album blasting from my speakers while I was doing homework some two years ago. The first few tracks didn't really interest me so I was like, meh, and just concentrated on my homework. Then Secret World started playing and I unconsciously replayed it when it ended. I was really wowed by the song - catchy chorus, powerful singing, everything - it gave me goosebumps everytime I listen to it, and it still does now.

However, I didn't really search Kara up; to me, their name is just one of the 232423948 artists on my iPod (U_U). One day I was at my piano teacher's house and was bored, and decided to go on Youtube to search up random videos; I happened to be listening to Kara's song at the time, so I searched up Secret World and watched their performances! From that point on, I found Karabloom and proceeded to download every performance of Secret World because it is so awesome. I found Gyuri to be extremely pretty and thought SeungYeon was the maknae... and found Nicole a little weird-looking (O_o;; seriously, what was I thinking?!), and was very amazed by SungHee's vocals. The sad thing is, my obsession with Kara ended after a while... and I went back to my Jpop. I only looked Kara up a few times, got the news that SungHee left, went "awww, she was so awesome," and then get back to life.

When they released Rock U,.. I admit, I didn't like it. I was like, "So this is the new Kara , eh?" but didn't really follow them. BUT, when they released Pretty Girl, I got curious and watched their comeback performance and was hooked. It was instant love again <3. I remembered having registered for Karaholic a while back, came lurking on this forum, then finally started posting. And tada, yours truly is here <3

Wow, that was long.. o_o.

From that point on, I found Karabloom and proceeded to download every performance of Secret World because it is so awesome.

Yeah! This is actually the #1 reason I registered for KH. >__________>

The sad thing is, my obsession with Kara ended after a while... and I went back to my Jpop. I only looked Kara up a few times, got the news that SungHee left, went "awww, she was so awesome," and then get back to life.

Same here. I was absolutely crestfallen after I saw "Rock You". Sigh.

haha, i think we can all agree that Rock U was probably one of their "wtheck??" moments. lol

i doubt the members were fond of that concept too. the old members have said that they were not comfortable with that concept and that it was a way to introduce Hara & Jiyoung. lol

and i'm pretty sure a lot of us are not immediate fans of other artists too. we usually turn into fans after following and checking them out for awhile. lol. i only became a fan after staying around Kara's Soompi Thread...the longer i stay and update myself on them, the more i adore them. lol.

back then, Kara's Soompi Thread was really up-to-date. any new stuffs were posted, shared & spazzed there. lol

haha yea! Secret World was pretty awesome.

I'm not an immediate fan, it was when I accidentally watched a video of Kara Break It MV, I like it a lot and well Sunghee's voice is really powerful and at the time I'm not into Kpop at all but I listened to some but it's not really my type of music. By then I remembered that I watched If You Wanna in KBS World and I thought, they're really cute and Seungyeon, she's just so cute and young in that video. So I kinda look them up in the youtube since at the time I've got nothing much to do and Eun Hye was on hiatus so nothing much to do in the internet, then I started watching their radio performances and they sing quite well and when they sung english songs I thought wow they must know how to speak english and they are quite talented.

Then I started watching their self-cams and videos and the more I watch them, the more I like them so I looked them up in Soompi but by then they're on break and read that Sunghee left the group but are coming back with 2 new members so I kinda waited to see how the new Kara will sound like, as many of you said here Rock You is not their best song lol, I was like what are they singing? But well I already got hooked before that so I still watch lot of their performance and videos.

I don't know when I become a fan of them but they grew on me and love them now, hehe especially Nicole I enjoyed watching her in SGB Level with Me, she's just so funny there even if I don't understand what she's saying. Nicole is what got me hook in Kara, I remember when I watched a show of them in Live Wannabe or whatever the show is called and they were singing Santa Claus is Coming to Town, that's when my attention focused on her, love her voice.

Sorry for my long rambling hehe Kara fighting :P

Edited by firewater07

As I get to K-Pop by acident, I started searching for bands, I found Kara when they were promoting "Pretty Girl" at first I didn't really liked the song at all but I made a research about them I start listening their first album and then I fell in love with "Break It", loved the look (all of them were great), the voices (specially Sunghee's :P ). I really liked SY old style... well then I get into "Honey" and now I like all songs. I'm still wishing that they return to the old style xD

First of all i wanna say Thanks to FT Island Lee Hongki.. cause of him i found this adorable girl group... :whistling:

The story begin when im in the moment of being so fangirling over FT boys (it's still happen now...)

And that time im watching Star golden ep with Hongki,Jonghun,n Minhwan in it, at this one session there's this girl who imitating hongki's singing style, and im thinking "wootsss she's quite good at doing that"...

Few days later im watching this SSGB episode with of course FT island in it ( f.y.i: its Hongki and Minhwan) and im asking myself "is this the same girl that imitate hongki at SGB ep??"

With this curiousity, im starting to google who's this girl is, and then i found that her name is Han Seung Yeon, a MC and member of KARA....

Later on cause ive got more time to spent, im begin to search the article and video related to SEungyeon ( which automatically lead me to Kara too)

And then here i am... being KH member and a Kamilian.....

Actually yes.

It was so weird, I was searching through through the Soompi Music thread and saw the title Kara, and at first I was like that such a weird and unique name, so I clicked. I downloaded their album and absolutely loved it. Its rare for me to like every song on the album but I really did. Then from that day on I'm still a fan. Truthfully their the first and ever girl group to catch my attention and to have me actually like them enough to keep my trust with them. So I'm very loyal to them and will never turn my back on them.

And another truth, Nicole wasn't my favorite member. It was actually Sunghee, but when I started to watch their mnet self-camera. I switched to Nicole and she became my favorite member :]

i wasn`t an immediate fan.

i was so into WG, `til now. i remember watching

'BREAK IT' on youtube. i honestly thought

it was an old school girl group since they looked[the clothes]

& sounded like it. So i didn't bother paying attention to them.

i remember that SY & especially Sunghee[?] caught my attention.

so then i found out that KARA had another MV coming out.

It was 'If U Wanna', i felled inlove with it but as a hardcore WG fan that

i was...i didn't bother to listen to them anymore.<-it's so true.

As i was searching the Korean sites, i spot a video

with KARA searching for the new members since one of them

had left. When finally 'ROCK U' comes out. i`m like 'wth?!'

the engrish was...but as i listened...the song got stuck to my head. &&

everyone seemed more fresher & younger looking than before.

i didn't know that they were all so pretty.

their songs were catchy.

i forgot to add that I also i spotted them on WGM with the 'Ant Couple'.

I had to know more about them...

since then i`ve been a huge fan.<333

When I entered the Kpop world, I always saw Kara's name everywhere. Somehow that bugged me, so around that time, I had come to hate Kara. (I don't have anything against them, I just thought they were really boring.) So, when I was on Youtube, One of my subscriptions, Asiancovers, had done an english cover for Kara's 'Honey'. I was like "...wow. Seriously?" But, I decided to take a look at it. They did a cover for a piano version, and yet I loved it a lot. In my mind, I was thinking, "What does this song actually sound like?" So, I searched it and came to be addicted to it. Then, I looked at more and more of Kara videos, and Ta-da! Now, I am a fan that loves Kara~

well, first time i know Kara that because someone (i forget who is it) give me rock u song.

it sounds good, so i keep listening without even care who's the singer is it. so one day when SSND and WG being compared with Kara, i bcome more and more want to know them.. but still not really care since they don't have a good song (sorry) so when i hear pretty girl, i've little surprise.. because i never have attention at them... so when i take some picture of them i feel like them, because their photobook is cute (pretty girl). and when i see star golden bell, i see nicole, the host tell us that she's the member of KARA.. so I become more attention to them especially nicolle =)

since i love her adoreable style, and her charm...

Not really lol.

I discovered them during their Secret World promotion and even if I liked the song I didn't become a fan. In fact, at that momet, I was more a big Wonder Girls fan who was waiting for their comeback. But as time passes, I get bored of Tell Me and Wonder Girls and searched for something new and remembered of this four-girls group. So I began to search more information about them and watched their performances. Gradually I became a fan of Sung Hee and her amazing vocal and was waiting for their comeback. I was very sad when I learned that Sung hee left the group and wanted to give up on this group at first but I realized that It would be unfair so I let them a chance. The new KARA came and I was very dissapointed but I didn't want to let them down. In fact, without realizing it, I slowly became a fan of Nicole, Seung Yeon or Gyuri. As for Hara and JiYoung, It was time which make me like them : I hated Hara at first but now she is my second favorite lol.

Nope. I'm not exactly a complete fan right now either.

I was looking around for different girl groups and i started to find Sung Hee who i believed was an awesome singer then i started to get to know them a bit better but by that time they were sorta inactive? i don't know.

and the Sung Hee left.

yes i am, i become a fan of kara when i saw the performance in honey clip, they are nice, at first, i little confuse to guess their name, which one is nicole, or other, but, since i see karaholic.com, i know what made likes kara, they are really cute, funny, and their perform is really great,

kara fighting

Oh this thread is really interesting =)

I got to know KARA when my korean friends in school made a performance with the song Pretty Girl and they tried to do a similar dance with some modifications, but when they performed, I listened to the song instead which then got me interested in KARA ^^

It took me a looonngg time for me to like KARA. When Pretty Girl came out, I was like oh okay, maybe their good. I didn't like the song that much because of the poor english and I saw from their profiles that one of them (Nicole) lived in the States. I figured she was like the other singers that came from America but didn't really know English.

Around that time I was really getting into the WGs and I saw that Yoobin and Gyuri were high school friends. Yoobin was the one who got me into WG so I thought okay, I'll give them another chance since Yoobin's friend is in it. Unfortunately, I mistook Leader Park for the leader of SeeYa, Nam Gyuri. Now this is the ironic part; I disliked Nam Gyuri after seeing her on SGB so I disliked the whole group but SGB was the same show that got me into KARA :lol:

I saw Nicole on SGB and althought I was a little bitter that Dong Hyun was gone I grew fond of Nicole really fast. I still didn't realize that the Gyuris were different so I was didnt like Gyul. But watching their self-cams and appearance on shows, I realized that they were sooo different. So I looked it up online and realized the differences (as well as facial differences :blushing: ). After that, I gave in and became a KARA fan.

I would've became a KARA fan faster but I didn't really want to seeing how Seungyeon pushed Nicole, (Nam) Gyuri was a total snob, and that they had a stupid song. Sigh, I'll never base my opinions on an AllKpop article again.