Were you an immediate fan?

MiSS.GiRlli3

I went from merely liking them to becoming a big fan. I make sure to keep up with all their news and appearances. This is the first time I have ever actively followed a girl group since I've always been a fan of boy groups (Arashi, Beast, 2PM/2AM, etc). It's been tons of fun though.

The definite moment was probably when their Japanese promotions started. I thought it was interesting how well they were doing for a Korean girl group. It just went off from there and now I'm hooked. :DD

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me? Woah! My answer is a NO.

I fell in love with the Wonder Girls first! "Nobody" spreaded like crazy here and I go crazy about it. That gave me the knowledge of K-POP and finally I came about SNSD and that's the girl group I've been mesmerizing or "fanboying" for all years not until late last year. I know KARA for a long time when I was a fan of SNSD but I didn't gave this much attention but it gave me the impression before that they belong to the top girl groups here in Korea including SNSD. It's like Top 1 = SNSD and Top 2 = KARA

But my heart changed. I don't know about this SONE. I find them very.... urghhh....

It's always been KARA and SNSD to me but SNSD is always on the top. And by this time, they are number one in my heart!

actually , i'm not an immediate fan. at first, i'm a fan of SNSD because they are really popular at that time. in 2010, i know about KBS Music Bank and watch it frequently. as you all know, SNSD kept on winning the 1st spot with thier song, Oh!. after a while, i thought that nobody cant beat them anymore at music chart. at that time, Kara came into my life and beat Oh! and gain 1st spot. at first, i was like "what girls group just beat my SNSD?" , and i decided to listen to Lupin and all thier previous song like Mister and Wanna. I fell in love with their sweet melody! since then, i'm a true fan and never stop to be a true fan of Kara!! KARA FOREVER !!! :wub:

i am not an immediate fan either, it took a few months for me to began like them. i first saw them from lupin mv that a friend of mine gave to me and at that time yes i was interested on nicole but that's just it. after a few months at that time i have a long break from college and work i saw lupin mv again on tv, that's when i started browsing about kara on the internet.

for me YES!!

I only hear KARA from my friends, i was a 2NE1 fan back then...

i don't know anything about KARA,

me and my friend was browsing fx's live performance and on the last video KARA was performing 1st after them it's fx

i got interested right away and we began searching for their profiles, images and songs...

they don't look the same that's why i got interested..

i find Gyuri as the most beautiful member, but then after i became a fan of Nicole cuz she looks so cool and cute.

after that i became Nicole's huge fan for a 2 days....on the 3rd day Hara has started to get my attention, on the 3rd day i was a fan of Nicole and Hara, and they are equal for me.

i kept watching KARA's videos.

but on the 3rd day I became a huge HARAholic until now. now i only watch Hara's vids and stuff lol

Nope.

I didn't really pay attention to Kpop in general at first, but then after I saw the Mister & Lupin videos, that's when it started, and as I viewed more of their videos and how they interact with people and with one another, my fandom grew.

Totally fell in love with them immediately after watching one Music Video, I first heard "Mister" and it was SOOOOOOOOO catchy. I think at first I was into them because of their looks, they are just gorgeous, but after time they're music became my most listened songs.

Honestly, no I was not an immediate fan. In fact, when I first got into to Kpop about a year and a half ago- I was only interested in male idols groups and 2NE1. However, I did watch a lot of STAR GOLDEN BELL, especially of Nicole's Level w/ Me.....thus starting my interest in Kara. At first, I was only into Nicole and not "Kara" as a whole. But as I listened and watched more of them, my interest grew into love which grew into addiction.

And as you can see, I still have a bias for Nicole :D

Hmmm, I was an immediate fan of Kara but how I became a fan I think is really interesting. At first I would go on allkpop to check for news about Super Junior and DBSK because those are two of my favorite groups, and because I was looking for suju stuff related to Kyuhyun I found out that Heechul was on a show called "good-daddy", and it just so happends that the epiosde I decided to watch was the one where he and Hongki dance to "Pretty Girl" I thought it was a good song but the comments said other wise, but I still liked the look of them and the song, but it was an onld episode and I wannted to see them more recently. So I went on allkpop to check them out (also to see any news about suju) and that was when Kara was coming out with "Honey" or "Wanna", can't remember which and I noticed that they were just recieving so much hate, and it baffled me, like the writers would say such mean things about them, and would compare them to SNSD, which is when they had GEE out and everyone went from hating SNSD to suddenly becoming part of this SNSD cult (lol jk, I'm dramatic). I would read the articles and be like "wow can a group really suck that bad" but since i don't like reading that type of stuff, and that seemed to be the trend with them I decided not to investigate more (already a desire to protect them from antis lol). Then a while later I read an article on this other site called 'POPSEOUL' and it was titled "KARA Wanna be mean" and I was still so baffled, and reading all the anti comments didn't help, most were complaining about how they couldn't sing and couldn't dance and everyone hated Goo Hara. I also saw an atricle about Music Removed videos where everyone said that KARA was the worse group ever and they should probably disband because they sounded so terrible. Later I saw an atricle called "goo hara is plastic fantastic" and decided I had, had enough. I watched the "Wanna" and "Honey" videos and I loved them, everyone kept complaining about the english lyrics but they actually made perfect sense (more so fro Wanna). Then I watched pretty girl and I was like OMG this is sooo cute, and I loved it too. I thought they sounded great and I started to watch all there shows so I guess I was a slow immediate fan but a immediate fan none-the-less.

Edited by GooBurberrHara

The first song I heard from KARA was Mr. and I didnt like it too much. I thought the dance was too weird with them shaking their butts like that. After a while I heard Honey and I thought that it was the best thing in the world. then I started watching KARA vids and more of their music... and they just became a gift from heaven lol.

Well sort of, I saw some of their song mister (Japanese version) on a show mid last year and I got it stuck in my head and started listening to it. I didn't really listen to anything else from them until a few months later I started looking at their videos and stuff. :) I can't say I've never liked KARA so I guess I was an immediate fan.

No, I wasn't an immediate fan XD

We're quite the same regarding Seungyeon XD I've seen them a couple or so times in articles and stuff regarding their songs so I watched a couple of old MVs from them when Sunghee was still with them, and quite frankly, Suengyeon was the least member I liked >_<

But when Lupin came out, I started to become interested with them but not a fan yet. For some reason, one day, I stumbled upon If U Wanna and I fell in love with the song too <3 I got that playing again and again in my iPhone lol From then on, my fangirling started haha

I've never watched any KARA MVs until recently. I heard that Kara is really popular so I went searching for their songs and when I watched the MV I was like "Wow. They're pretty. (especially Jing)" And I fell in love with them!

I first saw Seungyeon on a variety show and I hated her actually. Same with Gyuri. But then I saw that episode of Intimate Note of SS501 with Kara, and I totally saw them in a new light. I love how sensible and logical Seungyeon is, I love that Gyuri is a laid back and confident girl. And then when Lupin came out, that became my biggest guilty pleasure. That was what put Kara in my radar. I totally love that song.

• 3 weeks later...

I was randomly searching for SNSD stuff on youtube and I found this video showing some persons favourite bands. Although it only showed a short clip I knew immediately that I would want to get more videos of Kara. I absolutely love everything about them. They fit so well as a group and their vocals are excellent. :D It helps that their songs are excellent as well :D I don't understand who wouldn't like them. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I just shared my story to another post.. so here I won't go into details. But basically, at first I didn't think much of them. I wasn't that fond of their music, but found them exceptionally well in variety shows. But the more I watched them doing there thing, whilst promoting their songs.. I can't remember why I didn't like their music before! :))

Let's see my story is a little funny. Well a friend showed them to me and at first I was like who are these girls and where did they come from lol so I didn't pay too much attention to them seeing as how I am a metal guitarist lol. But then Rock U came out and I was really like who the heck are these colorful little girls and why are they bouncing around like that and me being a guy I really was like "why am I watching this" lol but then I found myself hitting the play button on youtube over and over again and before I knew it I was hooked, I really don't know how it happened(pretty sure it had something to do with my ham ham Seung Yeon lol she just really caught my eye.)but with Rock U they won my heart and I am glad they did. The more songs I found by them the more I fell in love with them and watching the various variety shows and Idol shows they have appeared on really made love them even more because they are all so goofy and fun ^.^