Were you an immediate fan?

MiSS.GiRlli3

I would've became a KARA fan faster but I didn't really want to seeing how Seungyeon pushed Nicole, (Nam) Gyuri was a total snob, and that they had a stupid song. Sigh, I'll never base my opinions on an AllKpop article again.

And this is why, instead of relying on the opinions of others, you should form your own, which you clearly did in the end (by joining this forum). In case you haven't noticed, Allkpop hates Seungyeon, and most of the time they have no idea what they're talking about.

Edited by KARAokeing

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would've became a KARA fan faster but I didn't really want to seeing how Seungyeon pushed Nicole, (Nam) Gyuri was a total snob, and that they had a stupid song. Sigh, I'll never base my opinions on an AllKpop article again.

Agrees with karaokeing, and GOOD FOR YOU! I get really frustrated when people randomly hates on SY just because they get all their biases from Allkpop. It gets to me everytime. Thank you so much for making an intelligent choice and welcome to the fandom <33

• 4 weeks later...

First time i saw them .. Was maybe two years ago..? I was flipping channels.. When i saw break it .. I was like .. Wow they're pretty good .. maybe a half year later .. I remembered them while i was youtubing for korean music .. I was watching their MV's and live performances .. I couldnt stop watching them perform they really had me :/ Then i got obsessive XD .. And now .. I can proudly be called .. A karaholic (: <3~

i saw the mv of honey through arirang's pops in seoul recently and i saw han seung yeon ( didn't know before) and search on google to find the cute girl with the nice eye smile............ i think it was love at first sight hahaha........now i have a bunch of videos of kara about 8 gig includes perf and shows ........ tnx to this site..... esp to sweet melodix.........tnx to her i found this site.......luv kamilia and KARA

Of course i became an immediate KARA fan since their first debut. Then, there werent many girl groups around yet, just Wonder Girls. But i loved KARA immediately because they gave off this cool-tomboyish-group image and i loved that. But KPOP these days are all about baring it all and KARA knew how to keep it all in and still be slightly sexy and act their age. Break It was an awesome debut song, it was powerful and with much attitude. The girls got me right from the start. And I'll always support the 6 of them.

Um I don't know if it's consider being an immediately fan but, I became a

Fan after I saw their special stage with Lee Hyori. I thought that Gyuri was

So pretty and that Sung Hee was an amazing singer. But it's just like six

Performances after their debut right? But truthfully, I wasn't interested in

Them from the beginning. I took a glance at them and said, Psshhhh, another

Girl group. So many experiences happened that made me love them to today.

Now I'm a complete freak over them. Even when others look down on them

And bashes them, it makes me a stronger Kamilia.

for me... no....

the first band that i liked was super junior and then i got into dbsk and all those sm artists. i didn't really listen to other artists in other labels because i thought that sm entertainment was the best just cause it was more well known. then i got into wonder girls and all that and i was like: "no other girl group can beat them." the first thing i saw of kara was their music vid for honey and i didn't like it cause it was really girly and their vocals were high. but then i got into watching pretty girl and their other music and i think kara is a unique girl group. the music you hear from them is like the tunes and stuff you hear in the u.s. but with korean lyrics.

KARA Hwaiting! <333

For me, that's NO...

Because I'm just a maknae in Kpop World,I've just interested in K-Pop music since last year by Wonder Girls's Tell me.But I wasn't pay attention to K-Pop music anymore because I'm really prefer Jazz and Bossanova more. I became a BIG fan of Wonder Girls since lately 2008.They induced me into Korean music.

ฺฺBeside Wonder Girls,I've trying to listen and watch another groups' video.I've heard name of KARA but I din't know who were them.(First, I thought they are 'old name' girl group as Fin.k.l or The Grace T T) I've seen Rock You and Pretty Girl but not really like them. I thought they were annoyed me - -" But I'm OK with honey though it wasn't really

But in MKMF 2007's the battle of princess, I was looking forward to see Wonder Girls but the song Break It was attract me. 4 girls in pink suit looks smart,so charm and their song were fantastic,so I have to search their Break It and If U Wanna.Can't help, but I'm totally fell in love with Sunghee! I love her voice, her lively and playful personality in their Self-Cam video.Then It's Done is Korean ballad I like most. As I love this song,I can't stand listening its because I sadly realize that Sunghee was left.

I love all titles in The First Blooming.I've just order its from Korea because there isn't this album in Thailand.Although I love Sungja most but I prefer all of KARA too.I'm crazy about Gyuri's voice and her personality. She's beautiful and sooo funny XD. All them looks pretty and funny on variety shows. ah~I love them all. And waiting for their comeback soon!

well am I the only one who's going to say Yes?

I first saw Kara with Lee Hyori (since I'm a big big fan of her!) then I was like, ooh! what is this song? (referring to Kara's Break It) then when it was Seungja's turn, I was like wow! she's so gorgeous and has a great voice, I also found Gyuri really pretty and SungYeonnie was like the cutest girl ever.. but then Nicole, hmm, I was like she's okay.

after that performance, I started to look for more about them and ended up liking them even more, after Seungja left, I cried. she was so my fave and until now, I still like her, and I saw Ji Young and Hara, really found Maknae Jing super adorable while Hara? who is she? didn't really like her, but after I got to know her personality, I love her too..

• 4 weeks later...

NO.

not really. I didn't mind them. I just know that there's a group called KARA and I don't know the members. But when I saw Nicole in SGB and her funny yet sweet talking. I liked her. And the rest followed.

Nice thread! I love this!

Am I an immediate fan when I first saw them? Yes!

It was the music video "Honey" that stole my heart. Their song was girlish and the song is addictive! Thanks to my friend who posted it up on her blog! I started searching for their picture and dig for their information. Their other songs was also interesting, I continued to listen to more of their songs and now I'm completely mesmerized! I love all their song, no matter new or old! Kara is love, period!

My first Kara member love? Nicole! :eyelove: Now I love every one of them! :thumbup:

Edited by Kasazn

I only ever heard of them the first time was when coolsmurf posted an article about their comeback and how they said they'll "show Wonder Girls and SNSD how it's done". I thought they were just a rookie group, but that comment made me realize they were some big group from before I've never heard of. Anyway, when I heard their song Rock U, I thought it was actually one of those rare sweet songs that had an excellent melody, but was destroyed by the "Rock Ur Body I Say!" chant. :) They weren't really interesting to me then, so I forgot about them.

Then coolsmurf's Youtube account got suspended and he became wondersmurf (RIP), and some of the earliest videos he posted was Kara's Pretty Girl performances. So I said "Ah, what the heck, I'll give them a go", and then the song was so catchy and cute. The girls were all pretty too, but I had no idea who they were. Then I saw them again on We Got Married (great publicity, I tells ya), and all of them were just so adorable and sweet to the Ant Couple, I started to really respect them. Then I came across the date episode of SuJu's Idol Show, and I immediately liked Seungyeon. From then on, my interest grew and grew, and now here I am. ^_^ For this journey I took, Kara has been given quite good publicity, compared to SS501 whom I only found out through Hyun Joong on WGM.

So no, but who was ever an immediate fan unless their company advertise them a long time before they debut

like 2NE1, 4Minute or SM

? :D

I like them the first moment i saw them. Actually, before I met KARA, I was SNSD's fan and the first time I saw KARA was on YouTube. I was watching the video "KARA + SNSD" (something like that). The video was like random pics of the girls in Old KARA and SNSD. The song in the video was "If U Wanna" and I fell in love with that song the first time I listened to it. And GOD!! Sunghee looks great in that video..

I definitely liked them right way. I'm usually never attracted to a group so much right away, but there was something special about Kara. The only other band that I've felt that way about is DBSK, but they were the ones that got me into Korean music in the first place.

So Kara is the only girl group that I was immediately attracted to, so they have a special place in my heart :D

for me it wasn't instant addiction... lmao... i started listening to break it quite a lot..but tat was it..then i came across the mv..and found it intersting..then i decided to listen to the full album..then did some searching online..and tat was it! XD

Instant for me. I saw their debut performance on M!Countdown and I was like "OMG! Girls with this image? Gotta love." I think it more of the fact that their debut image, song, and everything wasn't too typical so I was totally drawn into them. I stumbled onto these girls on accident and I've been a fan ever since. I'll always love the original KARA more no matter what since they were the ones that got me into KARA and they were the first girl group I love. I remember spazzing every single page on soompi about the girls in their thread.

I used to follow their thread on Soompi like a lot. I backtracked today and I saw like a post from me on every single page. I didn't get very far, I stopped at page 16 though haha and started on page 3 :)

It was so much fun spazzing with like Lynn, Jun, Pim, Ekkah and others. Many were pretty devastated when we found out that the MKMF '07 would be their last appearance.

It broke my heart that one fateful day when Sung Hee had to withdraw from KARA because she did not get into college.

I still follow the girls. Granted, I don't like them as I used to, but I follow for the other members.

I secretly wish that one day the five members of KARA will go back to something similar like the old days. Strong image.

I wonder if someone there already said, that it was "my" fault that hey got into Kara, hahaha!

Well no,

I didn't like them at first, originally, I preferred, Wonder Girls. But upon watching their YTN True Story, I feel in love.

Just as short as that. ^^