Were you an immediate fan?

MiSS.GiRlli3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many nos. I guess because of the awesomeness of Wanna, and it being my introduction to Kara, I was an instant fan. Somebody posted a link to the Wanna MV on youtube on another forum. I checked it out and was instantly hooked because the song was so catchy and the girls were so pretty. Nicole's smile and eyes grabbed me and threw me in a cage. Now I'm here.. :determined:

• 2 months later...

I like them at the first sight..But at that time, I'm still attracted into SNSD..>_< but now...KARA is the best!!! I watched Honey MV at first time, I like all of them..Gyu Ri..<3 really like a Goddess..After that, I saw Wanna & Mister performances! I really fall in love with KARA until now...:D KARA~JJANG!!

No. I dislike ROCK U and Pretty Girl.

I only started to take notice in Kara with Honey, and then become interested in Wanna.

The start of my Kara interest were thanks to Nicole in SGB though, if not because of that, I will treat Kara like every 378472 other Korean girl groups out there.

Actually Brown Eyed got me interested in Kpop.

So while searching for BEG i chanced upon their special stage - How & Honey, the girl idol dance battle (Nicole, Gain, Hyun ah)

but i wasnt a fan immediately.

Not until i saw Mighty Mouth's performance on Music Bank feat Nicole that i gt alil interested on Nicole.

So i searched and watched all the cuts of Nicole on SGB and became an instant fan.

Thats when i really started to listen to their music and take note of their Tv appearances

I never liked any girl groups when I first got into Kpop. I've heard of KARA from If U Wanna, found the song interesting, but didn't go farther than that. I did follow them, but I can only say that I became a fan after Pretty Girl :3 After that, I never left the fandom :D I searched some of their appearances on TV. They were really cute and down to earth. That's how I liked them even more :3

umm.... i think my case is a bit more special...

you see just about four to five months ago i was a BIG BIG fan of the drama Boys Over Flowers. then i was watching, i heard the song Love Is Fire. i thought it was really catchy and nice but did not know the name of the song. it was then i was searching for it by using a guess-and-check method on imeem then i realised it was called Love Is Fire. then i looked at the artiste - KARA. after that i immediately did a wiki search on kara..... by then i was already a "fan" without listening to their songs - weird, right?

then i listened to honey, which was their first #1. it sounded nice to me, but not as nice as love is fire. but nvm - i was already satisfied. and after that i was already "confirmed" as a fan of kara :D

when i first heard pretty girl, i was like.... so-so, nothing very good about it. then i went to listen kara's older works. rock u, to me, was the suckiest song i ever heard. good day and good day season 2 were nice, though....... if u wanna was great as well. i know you ppl want sung hee back, and i understand why, but... my fave is hara and if sung hee had stayed i wouldnt have known there is someone called goo hara. so in a sense i dont mind sung hee leaving the group although i admit that her vocals are powerful.

wanna and mister are also not bad.... in terms of the song, i prefer mister. but once it comes to choreography, i prefer wanna. the butt dance for mister is weird, i feel.

that's all i have to say :)

it started in 2007

i only knew younha.. and wonder girls.... kara not yet....

early 2008 i started listening to wg.. and then snsd...

mid 2008 it was my B-day i i wanted a CD of younha... but the person who was going to give it to me said i could choose 2 caus its cheaper.... and then i though of kara.. (somehow xD i saw them @ mkmf)

so i though lets do kara..

i got the first blooming.. and i was fan.. xD

main reason.. sunghee... xD she was pretty... and funny.. and they song ofcourse were nice :)

Edited by Kami

• 3 weeks later...

I only got into KPOP a year ago. My first obsession is SS501.

I saw HyungJun maknae danced to Pretty Girl and I checked KARA out.

I became a fan!

Now I'm more obsessed to KARA! But of course, SS501 will always be my fave too =)

I think of KARA as female SS501 hehe

I love each girls!!!

Edited by KaraNice

it started in 2007

i only knew younha.. and wonder girls.... kara not yet....

early 2008 i started listening to wg.. and then snsd...

mid 2008 it was my B-day i i wanted a CD of younha... but the person who was going to give it to me said i could choose 2 caus its cheaper.... and then i though of kara.. (somehow xD i saw them @ mkmf)

so i though lets do kara..

i got the first blooming.. and i was fan.. xD

main reason.. sunghee... xD she was pretty... and funny.. and they song ofcourse were nice :(

OMG!! You're amazingly lucky!! Got first blooming because of that....hahah.. I want first blooming but cant find it anywhere =(

anyway I used to only know Younha in 2007 too.. and not wonder girls but BoA,heheh.. I have so many BoA cd but not lucky enough to see/get KARA =(

Yes I wasn't quite an immediate fan.

I really only knew KARA since Mister... yea VERY late I know. :lol:

I liked the song and the dance (right, TELL me who doesn't like the butt dance?) but didn't really pay too much attention to the other things they did before.

Then I heard Wanna and I was fairly impressed as well but got the wrong impression that KARA is more of a matured group.

Then I think just 3 weeks ago I started to search for more KARA materials and came across their older songs like Pretty Girl, Break It, Rock U and Honey... I loved them all.

I started watching the shows that they've appeared in and I just fell in love with them then... I'm taken back by just how "real" they are.

As in they don't act all high and mighty even when they have this much fame and is popular all over Korea. They act just like ordinary people ya' know, but on stage they can put on a performance that just charms you one way or the other.

On the girls side... I first started to like Nicole (yea, butt dance once again... :P ). But then when I see her in other shows (especially SGB), she's just too cute not to fall for!

Then I started to like Hara because of Invicible Youth just knowing how dorky and mischievios she can be. She's just amazing... not only with the looks she has but because of her down-to-earth attitude.

When I started to look back at the older videos, I really started to like Seungyeon and Gyuri more and more... especially Seungyeon. She's really, really adorable and extremely hardworking too.

And I idolize Gyuri for her leadership and her bravery (all sorts of things really). Heck, it does take something for a girl to really come out and call herself beautiful without looking shy.

As for Jiyoung... well, who doesn't like her anyways?

This is a no brainer! :lol:

Theres my story... not long because I've only really started going nuts for them since the last 2 weeks.

Edited by SSJBen

Yes yes a million times yes. I'm not going to lie, it was the butt dance. It's actually quite funny how I managed to stumble upon their "Mister" performance. Believe it or not, I actually saw it on 4chan. At the time, I had never listened to ANY K-Pop before (a little bit of J-Pop: Kaela Kimura, Pizzicato Five, others I can't think of right now). Once I saw that video, I was hooked. I started watching more performances and music videos by KARA and I completely fell in love with all of the members. They are now one of my favorite groups of all time. I can't wait until they come back!

I only got into K-pop recently, but the song that drove to be a kara fan was If u wanna (It's the first song I have ever heard from kara, the thing that sealed the deal was SeungYeon's eye smile :D). Now I'm addicted to them :D

Fave songs-

1. I am

2. If u wanna

3. Honey

4. Mister

5. Break It

Edited by Kunann

Well it wasn't really like love at first sight...

I actually listened and learned to like their music first before I searched what they look like and see how they performed~ =P

Loved them more! I didn't know that they were all so beautiful~ :D

I only got into K-pop recently, but the song that drove to be a kara fan was If u wanna (It's the first song I have ever heard from kara, the thing that sealed the deal was SeungYeon's eye smile :nc5:). Now I'm addicted to them :nc2:

Fave songs-

1. I am

2. If u wanna

3. Honey

4. Mister

5. Break It

Yes! Me Too!!! The first song of Kara that I loved is "If U Wanna" ~ :nc1:

• 1 month later...

I did listen to Kara's song at first but was not attracted to them yet, until the time where Mister was released, people discussing about butt dance and i was curious, so i went to the internet and search for it. And I was addicted since then LOL. And went on to search more about Kara and their stories and here I am :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.In fact they are the first 5 korean groups i listen to.

I start to like kpop since late october,about november 2008.

Than i saw on 1 blog i go for kdramas about th release of kara pretty girl album.

I listen to the song pretty girl and i love it =D

Listen to other songs (rock u etc also find it nice...)

Edited by Beebusybuzzing

• 2 weeks later...

I start Kpop in early 2008....

so when i first saw Kara with Rock u i just enjoy the music...

since their comeback with Pretty Girl..I am attracted to them...

then when Honey release...i became a fan of them......

i start follow their activities.....

I know Karaholic after Wanna and Mister promotion....

if i found Karaholic earlier...i had join them earlier....